Get the Quick & Best 123.hp.com/oj2620 Printer Guide
Unpack the printer, connect your 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer to the power source, set up your basic preferences, place the ink cartridges into the slot, and then load paper into the input tray. Once the hardware set up is complete, download and install the HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup driver software.
How to Install 123.hp.com/oj2620 Printer?
Unpack the Printer:
- Separate the 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer from the plastic covering, and then clear off all the packing tape from the outer surface of the printer.
- Extend the input tray and remove the unwanted packing materials and protective tapes.
- Clear off the safety stripes from the output tray and other packing things
- Open the cartridge access lid and take out the packing thing inside the cartridge access area.
- After removing the packing materials shut the cartridge access door.
- Connect the electric module wire to the back of the HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup, and connect the other end of the electric wire to the electrical outlet.
- Push the Power switch to turn the printer active.
- Stay back until the printer stops working and comes to a halt state before you continue to the next step.
Setting up preferences:
- Press the Down Arrow on the 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer control panel until the desired language is highlighted, and then press OK.
- Choose Yes, and then press OK to assure your option.
- Choose the country/region in the same way.
Install the ink cartridges:
- Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves into the access area. Be patient until the carriage stops moving and silent before continuing.
- Unwrap the new cartridge from its packaging, and then pull the orange tab to remove the plastic tape.
- Clamp the cartridge at a little upward angle with the cartridge connections facing the rear of the printer, and then set the cartridge into the empty slot.
- Assure that the color of the ink cartridge matches the color on the cartridge.
- Place the color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the slot on the right.
- Gently press the cartridge forward until it snaps into place.
- Do these steps to insert the other cartridge.
- Shut the cartridge access door. The 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer alerts you to load paper in the paper tray.
Load paper into the input tray:
- Open the input tray. Draw the output tray outside and pull out the tray extender.
- Move the paper guides to their farthest positions.
- Place a pile of U.S. letter or A4 unused, white paper into the input tray, and then move the paper width guides in until they rest against the border of the paper.
- Press OK, and then proceed with the instructions on the control panel to start the alignment of the cartridge. The HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup starts to align the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
Quickly Get HP Officejet 2620 Driver & Manual
HP Officejet 2620 Windows Driver Download
The printer driver is a part of the software that converts the computer data into a format that the printer can understand. Click the below link to download the 123.hp.com/oj2620 driver software.
HP Officejet 2620 Mac Driver Download
The printer driver helps the computer to convert the data format of a file into a form that the printer can understand. Connect to the manufacturer site and download the driver software that suits your printer model.
HP Officejet 2620 Printer Manual Download
User Manual is a technical document that helps to learn about the printer setup and working procedure. Download the user manual for your printer model from the manufacturer site.
Install the Driver for HP Officejet 2620 Printer
- To install the 123.hp.com/oj2620 driver software to your computer, connect your computer to the network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Switch on a network router and enable the internet connection.
- Secure your internet connection with a network name and security password and then connect your printer and computer to the same network connection.
- Ensure that the printer and computer are within the range of the router’s network.
- Unplug the USB cable, if it is already connected with the printer.
- Connect to the manufacturer site and Download HP Easy Start application that supports your HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup model.
- Run the downloaded application and click My Printer is Not Shown if it prompts to select your printer.
- Click Continue and the pick Wireless Network option.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts and instructions shown on the screen and complete the wireless set up.
- If this method fails, download the full feature 123.hp.com/oj2620 driver package from our website and install it on your computer when it prompts to select the connection type, select Wireless Network option.
HP Officejet 2620 Ink cartridge Installation and Replacement
HP Officejet 2620 ink cartridge installation
How to Replace Ink Cartridge on HP Officejet 2620?
- Power up the printer and load the paper into the input tray.
- Open the access door of your 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer.
- You have to move the carriage to the right.
- Wait until the printer remains silent.Gently press on the cartridge and remove it from the slot.
- Take the new cartridge from its package and pull the orange tab to remove the protective tapes present on it. Hold the cartridge in a way the nozzles face towards the printer.
- Place the tri-colored cartridge in the left slot and the black cartridge in the right slot.
- Insert the cartridges and push until it reaches into place.
- After installing the cartridges, close the cartridge access door.
- Press OK, and the alignment page gets printed.
How to Print on HP Officejet 2620?
- You can begin to print on HP Officejet 2620 printer after installing driver.
- Initiate by setting up the software and hardware for the 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer.
- It is advisable to download the full-featured driver from our website.
- It is recommended to connect your HP printer to a network.
- You have to wait till the driver is downloaded.
- Refer to the user manual that contains the installation procedure.
- Click Finish and the installer window will be closed.
- Open any word document and load a plain paper into the input tray.
- Alter the Print Properties and then click Print.
How to Print Double-Sided on HP Officejet 2620?
- Stuff enough papers to avoid paper ordering issue.
- On a word document, click File -> Print.
- Choose the HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup from the drop-down and click Printer Properties.
- The Print Preferences window opens.
- Locate the Printing Shortcuts tab and choose Print on Both Sides option from it.
- Prefer between Booklet Style or Tablet Style. Click OK.
- From the output tray, remove the printed first side pages.
- Again load the papers for printing on the second side, look the screen for directions.
- If your printer supports ADF, then you don’t need to flip the pages.
- Click Continue and another side will also get printed.
How to Scan on HP Officejet 2620?
- Install the full feature HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup driver which includes the HP Scan Software. Place the document or photo down on the scanner glass and close the scanner lid.
- Double-click the icon to open the HP Scan software. Click Scan a Document or Photo option on the printer software.
- Choose the type of Scan and click the Scan option. Click Save as Document to save the scanned file in PDF format.
- Click the Save as JPEG to save the document or photo as an image file.
- Select Show Viewer after Scan to make edits to the scanned file in the preview screen. Click the Save icon or OK option to save the scan.
Enabling Scan to Computer on HP 2620
- Make sure that the printer and the computer are connected.
- For Windows 8: Click the Start screen.
- Select All Apps option on the App bar and click the icon with your 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer’s name.
- For Windows 7 or XP: click Start and select All Programs.
- Choose the name of your printer.
- Click on the Print, Scan or Fax icon on the printer software.
- Select ‘Scan a Document or Photo’ option.
- Select the type of scan from the shortcut menu and click Scan.
- Select the Save option.
- After the scan is saved, the folder with the saved scan opens automatically.
How to Fax Using HP Officejet 2620?
- Use a printer that is capable of sending a fax to another device.
- For fax setup, most 123.hp.com/oj2620 printers require a telephone service.
- If the telephone cord is not available, use the cable with two wire leads and not four.
- Connect the 1-LINE jack at the rear of the printer and the phone cord to the phone wall jack.
- If an answering machine is present, connect the 2-EXT jack at the rear of the printer and the telephone cord to the answering machine.
- Use the fax setup tools to Set your Preferences or navigate to the Fax menu on the printer’s control panel.
- The fax header contains your name, phone number, etc.
- Click Run Fax Set or Fax Test Report to confirm the setup was successful.
- A report with instructions gets printed.
Connecting HP Officejet 2620 with the USB Cable
- Gather all the specifications before you start the process.
- Check the control panel if you find any previously installed printer software, remove them.
- Confirm that the printer is in active mode.
- The HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup driver should be updated if it is found to be outdated.
- It is suggested to obtain a USB cable which should be less than 3 m.
- Check if the USB port is free to connect the device to your computer. Remember not to connect the USB cable via a USB hub or docking station.
- The printer will receive enough power to operate when connected directly.
- Don’t connect the USB until the installer screen prompts you to.
- Navigate to the control panel and go to Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on your Officejet printer, choose Remove Device.
- If there are any other printers connected to the computer, delete them all.
Troubleshooting 123.hp.com/oj2620 Printer
The 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer features different procedures of troubleshooting for both Windows and Mac operating systems. The troubleshooter tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor can be downloaded from our website for your Windows computer. The application runs on your system when it is offline to diagnose various problems and suggest solutions to the same. If the problem is not resolved using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, the online troubleshooting procedure available on our website can be utilized. If your system operates on Mac OS, the online troubleshooter can be used to resolve the issues.
How to Fix HP Officejet 2620 Offline Issue?
- Printer offline status message is displayed on your HP Officejet printer’s control panel.
- Check the connectivity of your hp Officejet 2620 printer using the HP Print and Scan doctor.
- Open the tool and select your printer from the list of available 123.hp.com/oj2620 printers.
- If your printer’s name is not in the list, click Retry and select the Fix Printing option. If the OJ printer continues to be in offline mode, reset the HP Officejet 2620 Printer Setup.
- You can now disconnect and then reconnect the power cord at the rear of the printer. Make sure that your printer is set as the default printer and check if the issue is resolved.
Fixing HP Officejet 2620 Scanning & Copying Issue
- Run the automatic diagnose tool, HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- The tool troubleshoots the hardware and other connection issues with the printer.
- Once the app is launched, click Fix Scanning to test your scanner.
- Follow the displayed instructions and perform the scan or copy function.
- If the error persists, uninstall then reinstall the printer driver.
- Navigate the control panel on your computer and locate your printer driver.
- Click on it and select Uninstall. Go to the official site and choose smart hp or full-featured software for your 123.hp.com/oj2620 printer. The software reinstallation will fix the issue.