Guidelines for 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 Printer Setup
- Unwrap your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer from the cardboard box and place it on a flat surface.
- Read the specification document and separate all the printer components from the box.
- You have to untwine the cables and connect them into the outlets on the devices
- Power up the Officejet Pro 6230 printer by pressing the Power button.
- In the display screen of the printer, set the Date, Timezone and, Region.
- Install the ink cartridges and load the input tray with a fresh stack of plain paper.
- Use the installation CD or download the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup driver online.
- Prepare the devices for installation.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Driver and Manual Download
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Manual Download
The user manual contains step by step procedure right from unboxing the printer to taking the first print. It also includes troubleshooting methods. You can download the manual for free by clicking the Download button below.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Driver Download for Windows
It is mandatory to install the printer software on the computer to which you are going to connect your printer. You can prefer to download the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup driver from the official site or click on the Download button below.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Driver Download for Mac
If you are using a Mac and like to connect it to your Officejet printer, you will need a printer driver. Visit the official site for downloading the latest 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer software or simply click on the Download button given below.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 how to setup
- Take out your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer from the box, peel off the protective tapes and other packing materials.
- Peel off the transparent film on the control panel to increase visibility
- Raise the scanner lid and check for any plastic material. If found remove them.
- Untwine the power cord that came along with the printer. Plug one end to the printer and the other to the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer on and set the preferences. Prefer the language, country/language, and then tap Yes.
- Open the access door and wait until the carriage stops its movement.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges and gently remove the orange tape from its nozzle.
- Insert the cartridges into appropriate slots. You can verify by checking if the color of the cartridge matches the label on the slot.
- Drag the input tray and extend it if needed. Place enough paper in the tray.
- Align the ink cartridges and pull the tray extender.
- Wait until the printer aligns.
Download driver and manual for HP Officejet Pro 6230
- You have to download the HP printer software from our official website.
- It is always recommended to download the full-featured software for your portable printer.
- The full-featured software lets you use your printer to the maximum.
- You can also use the basic driver, that typically does only the minimal function of the printer.
- Go to our website, and you can find the search box.
- Enter your printer model in the search box as HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup and then Click the Submit button.
- The resulting page will display you the list of available software under the operating system type from the drop-down list.
- Make sure to select the appropriate version of the by scrolling the list and press Enter.
- Click Download, and the download may take a few possible minutes and more based on the speed of your internet connection.
How to download the driver for HP Officejet Pro 6230
- Open the web browser and visit the manufacturer’s site.
- In the search box provided, type “HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup”.
- Prefer your operating system.
- Click Printer in the “Let’s identify your product to get started” page that opens.
- Go to the Driver menu and select between the basic or full feature software package.
- For easy download click on the Driver Download button on this page.
- Save the file in .exe for Windows and .dmg for Mac.
- Proceed further and complete the installation.
How to install HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer driver
- Take the setup disc, insert it into the computer’s disc drive and run the files.
- Follow the prompts displayed on the screen until the installation completes.
- You can also prefer downloading the driver. Once the download is done, open the Downloads folder and locate the setup files for your OS.
- Double-click the appropriate file and begin the installation.
- Accept the terms&conditions and click Next. Select the language, region, etc., and click Next.
- Prefer a suitable connection type and connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer to the computer.
- The computer will detect your printer and establishes a connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 wireless setup
- Wireless setup is essential as much as that of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer setup.
- You have to download the full-featured software in order to get the maximum out from your printer.
- By performing the wireless setup, you can access the printer from anywhere.
- Make sure your device and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Check if the device is installed with the latest version of the driver software.
- Check if your printer supports Wireless Direct feature.
- If yes, you can easily connect with the printer wirelessly, without many steps.
- Even if you have previously established a wired connection, you can change it to the wireless connection.
- Open the HP Assistant tab and go to the Utilities tab in the menu bar.
- Navigate to Printer Setup & Software.
- Click Convert a USB connected printer to Wireless option and the connection type will be modified.
How to connect HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer to wireless
- Check the requirements to connect the printer wirelessly.
- Confirm that your computer is connected to the network router.
- You can connect the HP OJ Pro 6230 printer using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) method.
- Go to the control panel and then, press and hold the Wireless Button on your printer.
- Press WPS on the wireless router and the indicator blinks.
- The wireless setup begins and it takes less than three minutes to establish a connection.
- If you cannot use the above technique, use the PIN method to set up the printer wirelessly.
- Go back to control panel again and press the wireless button.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard from the Settings.
- To complete the wireless connection, follow the on-screen direction.
- When prompted fill in the network username or SSID and passphrase.
- Install the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup’s driver software from the CD.
- Follow the on-screen direction to complete the wireless setup.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 USB Cable Connection
- Prepare your printer for setup. Gather all the specifications before you start the process.
- The printer should be in the ready state.
- The latest driver should be installed.
- Obtain a USB cable that should be less than 3 m which is 9 ft 10 inches in length.
- Check if USB port is available in your computer.
- You have to correct directly to the port.
- Be sure not to connect your USB cable through USB hub or docking station as the printer may struggle to receive enough power to operate.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer, if you have previously installed it.
- Do not connect the USB until the display prompts you to.
- Navigate to printer’s control panel and click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer and then choose Remove Device.
- Remove other printer devices from it.
- Close the window and proceed. Use the HP Easy Start option to install the 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer drivers.
- The installer will prompt to choose the connection type, select USB from it.
- The installer will automatically complete the remaining process.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 ink cartridge
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 6230 printer uses four ink cartridges.
- The compatible cartridge model is HP 934 and HP 935 ink and the size varies from regular to XL cartridges.
- These cartridges produce around 400 to 1000 pages and that depends on the size of the cartridge.
- The XL cartridge can deliver more pages than the standard cartridge.
- The inks supported by HP is Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow.
- It is advised to purchase the original ink from the HP Store.
- Use it along with the standard HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup papers to get quality printouts.
- Register your printer in the Instant Ink to avail delivery of HP ink at the right time.
- You can register the printer to HP Instant Ink feature.
- This helps to have a check at the ink level at regular intervals.
How to check ink levels on HP OJ Pro 6230 printer
- Power up your HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer.
- On the control panel, tap the ink drop icon.
- The control panel displays you an estimated level of each cartridge.
- The ink level You can also view the ink level using the HP software.
- Go to Windows Store and download the HP Smart application.
- Add the Officejet Pro 6230 printer and review the ink level on your home screen.
- You can use the HP Print and Scan software to check the ink level from your Windows OS.
- Launch the software and select your printer. Go to the Printers section and click Supply Levels to view the ink level.
- Go to System Preferences on the Apple menu.
- Click Printers & Scanners and select your printer’s name.
- Choose Options & Supplies and then navigate to supplies tab.
- The ink level for all the cartridge is displayed.
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printhead
HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printhead Cleaning
- The printhead gets clogged when the ink dries and not used for many days.
- You can clean the printhead with the help of self-cleaning software.
- Press the Win key on the keyboard and type 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 Control Panel in the Search box.
- Go to Devices and Drivers option.
- Right-click on your device and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select the Hardware and Maintenance tab located at the top of the window.
- Prefer Self-cleaning option in the More Options tab.
- Click the cleaning option and choose between Clean Heads or Clean Cartridges.
- The printer starts the cleaning process and the status is displayed on the screen.
- You can also clean the printer manually. Remove the ink cartridges and gently take the printhead out.
- Damp the cloth in water and wipe off the ink settled on the printhead.
- Fix the printer parts back to its position. Turn on the printer and perform a print test.
How to print on HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer
- Start to print on 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer after installing driver.
- Setup the hardware and software for the printer.
- The full-featured driver software is available on our website.
- Connect your printer to your network.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded completely.
- Refer the manual for the installation procedure.
- Installation takes some time, click Finish to close the installer.
- Open a new document. Load the paper into the input tray.
- Modify the print properties and click Print.
How to print double side on HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer
- Stuff a stack of plain paper into the main paper tray to avoid the page ordering issues easily.
- Open the document to print and tap File. Tap Print and click on Show Details.
- Locate the Two-Sided printing option in the print dialog box.
- Click on the Check box and choose Layout in the unnamed print options menu.
- Select the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup Binding option from the Two-Sided menu and then tap Print.
- Choose an Odd only option in the Pages to Print choice and select the Automatic (Rear Load) or Reverse (Front load) option from the Page Order Menu.
- Click the Print option to start printing manually on both sides. Print odd pages first and then the even pages.
How to factory reset the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer
- Make your printer inactive and wait for some 15 seconds to turn it on.
- Now go to the control panel of the printer and press the back button four times.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 Printer Setup support menu appears.
- You have to navigate to the right on the printer to access the Reset menu.
- There are three type of reset is possible: Partial reset, semi-full reset and, full reset.
- Choose a preferable HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Setup factory reset option.
- The Partial reset option optimizes the storage and clears the unnecessary data.
- It also clears minor printer issues such as slow printing, cartridge error, etc.
- A Semi-full reset completely removes all the personalized settings and restores the factory default.
- The last one is the Full reset and it is not the recommended one.
- You can use this for least cases as this removes major print settings.
- There are chances for your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer to become unusable if it faces any interruption while resetting.
HP Officejet 6230 Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is a systematical approach that can detect printer issues and resolve them automatically. If your 123.hp.com/ojpro6230 printer encountered with any problems, try running the troubleshooting tool. The tool analyses the problems in deep and finds out the root cause for the issue and then it resolves the issue on its own.