Total Guide for 123.hp.com/oj250 Printer Setup
Open the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer box and check the list of printer items shipped in the box. Clear off the package materials and install the battery. Use the power cord that came with the printer and connects the printer to the power source. Make the needed preferences and settings in the control panel. Load blank papers into the paper tray. Install the ink cartridges. Connect to the network to download and install the latest driver software.
How to Install HP Officejet 250 Printer?
Proceed with the below-given step by step process to install the HP Officejet 250 Printer:
Unboxing the Printer:
- Take off the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer from the package and remove the packing materials.
- Clear off the packing material on the surface of the printer.
- Lift the top lid on the printer and remove the tape and protective film on the printer control panel.
- Lift the cartridge access door and take off the safety packing materials.
- Close the cartridge access door.
Insert the battery:
- Swipe the battery latch to the right side.
- Take off the battery cover from its place.
- Unwrap the Printer battery.
- Clear the protective films on the battery.
- Fix the battery into the battery slot and make sure that it fixes into its place.
- Close the battery the cover.
- Ensure that the left of the battery cover snaps into its place.
Power connection and setting preferences:
- Make use of the power cable that came with the printer as a medium to connect the HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup to the Alternating Current source.
- Turn on the main switch on the electrical board.
- Press the power switch on the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer to turn the printer to the active condition.
- Press the arrow keys on the printer panel and choose your necessary preferences.
- Press the Confirm option to save the changes.
Load Paper and install ink cartridges:
- Slide out the main tray and load a stack of new blank papers on it.
- Adjust the paper guides to rest on the papers placed.
- Close the input tray slowly and extend the output tray extender slowly.
- The printed output rests on the output tray extender.Open the ink cartridge access door and install the new ink cartridges.
- Confirm that the color code on the ink cartridge and on the cartridge slot are same. Close the ink cartridge access door slowly.
HP Officejet 250 Printer Driver and Manual Download
Turn on your computer and 123.hp.com/oj250 printer. Establish a robust internet connection using a router. Connect your Printer and computer to the same wireless network. Browse the manufacturer site and type your printer model as HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup in the search box. To download the driver file, click the Software, Driver and Firmware option and to download the Manual click the User Guides option.
HP Officejet 250 Printer Driver Download
Open a new tab on your web browser and browse your Printer Manufacturer site. Enter HP Officejet 250 Printer in the search box and tap the search icon next to the search box. Click the Software, Driver and Firmware option on the menu. Click the change option to edit your computer operating system and OS version. Tap the Change option again to view the list of updated drivers and firmware.
HP Officejet 250 Printer Manual Download
Look through the Manufacturer site after entering your printer model in the search box. Find the list of choices found for your HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup. In that, tap Use Guides option. In the next loaded page, select your preferred language from the drop-down list. The User guides that supports your printer appears on the screen. Click the file name to download the manual to your computer.
How to Download HP Officejet 250 Printer Driver For Mac?
- Turn on your computer and connect it with a router network connection.
- Search for the Manufacturer site on your web browser.
- Key your printer model on the search box and click the Search or Go icon.
- Tap the Software, Driver and Firmware option in the list of options.
- Click on the Change icon to change your operating system.
- Select your Operating System as Mac OS and choose the Mac OS version from the drop-down list.
- Tap the Change icon again to start the search process.
- Click the Download option to download the updated driver software.
- Find the downloaded file on your computer and start the installation process.
- Follow the installation instructions and complete the driver setup.
How to Download HP Officejet 250 Printer Driver For Windows?
- Browse the Manufacturer site on your Web Browser.
- Type your Printer model name as 123.hp.com/oj250 printer in the search column.
- Tap the Go icon or press the Enter button to start the search process.
- Click on Software, Driver and Firmware option.
- Choose your Windows computer Operating System and OS version from the drop-down list.
- Tap the Change option to search the driver software.
- Click the Download symbol to download the driver software to your PC.
- Locate the driver file in the browser download path.
- Agree with the instructions shown while installing the driver software.
- Try to print or scan on your Windows computer after the successful driver installation.
How to Install Driver For 123.hp.com/oj250 Printer?
- Perform the below steps to install and use the Windows built-in driver.
- Tap the start option and search for change device installation.
- Click the change device installation settings in the control panel from the list of search result. Find the device installation settings window appears.
- Choose the yes to change the update settings to automatic.
- Tap the save changes option to confirm the changes.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/oj250 printer to your computer using wireless or wired network connection.
- Tap the add a printer option and add your printer to the computer.
- Print a document and conclude that the built-in driver supports to print if you can print.
- If you cannot print, connect to the manufacturer site.
- Download the updated HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup driver software for your printer model and install it.
Setting Up HP OJ250 Wireless Setup
Setup a router network connection and then obtain the network name and password. Connect your printer to the Wireless network and download the driver software.
How To Connect HP Officejet 250 to Wireless Network?
- Turn on a Network router and connect it with a DSL cable or broadband connection.
- Connect your printer to an electrical socket using a power cord and power up your printer.
- Touch the Wireless icon in the Printer control panel.
- Tap the Wireless Settings option. and click the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Search process starts, and your router network name appears on the panel screen.
- Click on the network name and enter the security password.
- Tap the Done option and find the Summary Screen appears.
- Click the OK option to return to the home screen.
- Connect to the manufacturer site and download the driver software that supports your printer model.
Setting Up HP OJ250 Wifi Direct Setup
The Wi-Fi Direct connection option is available with the HP wireless printers that were released after 2014. Make use of the Wi-Fi Direct if connecting through a Wi-Fi network is not a choice or for guest printing.
- Connect your HP wireless printer to a power socket using a power cable.
- Ensure the proper installation of ink cartridges and load papers into the paper tray.
- Click the Settings option in your Windows computer and tap Devices.
- Click the Printers & Scanners option and tap the + icon or Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- Tap the Show Wi-Fi Direct option that displays on the screen.
- Find your printer name with the Prefix word DIRECT (Example: DIRECT HP Officejet 250).
- Confirm that your HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup is active and tap the Add a Device option on your computer.
- Find the WPS PIN displays on your printer screen and enter it on the computer, if the computer prompts.Enter the PIN within 90 seconds and tap the NEXT option to complete the setup.
How do you Setup HP 250 USB Connection?
- Turn on the printer and computer.
- Use a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- Remove the protective cover from the USB port that is available on your computer.
- Do not connect the USB through a USB hub or docking station because the printer may not get enough power to operate.
- Disconnect the USB cable if connected previously.
- Connect your printer to a network connection and add your printer to the computer.
- Download the full driver package for your 123.hp.com/oj250 printer model from the Manufacturer site.
- Install the updated version of HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup driver software and try to print on your HP Officejet 250 printer.
Setting Up HP Officejet 250 ePrint Setup
- ePrint is a service that lets you email your print jobs to a web-enabled printer. Carry out the steps below to use the ePrint service.
- Turn the Officejet 250 printer on and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- The next step is to enable Web Services on the printer. Tap the Setup icon and then select Web Services Setup.Accept to the terms of Web Services and then enable it.
- Tap OK. The printer will now check for the product updates automatically.
- Locate the HP ePrint icon on the control panel and tap it. Select Print Info.
- Search for the HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup’s email address on the page that the printer prints.
- Open your email application and type the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Provide a subject in the subject line and attach the document you want to print. Click Send. The printer will receive the document and print it.
Setting Up HP Officejet 250 AirPrint Setup
- AirPrint is a mobile printing service supported on iOS devices running on version 4.2 and later.
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Select the Setup icon on the control panel, and choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Select your network name from the list of available networks displayed on the control panel.
- Keep following the prompts on the installer until the setup is complete.
- Connect your iOS device to the same network. Select a document and tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Print icon, go to the Print Options menu, and touch Select Printer.
- Select the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer from the list.
- Go to the Options section to modify any print settings. Tap Print after selecting the number of copies required.
Ink Cartridge Installation for HP OJ 250 Printer
The HP Officejet 250 printer supports HP 62 Black, HP 62XL Black, HP 62 Tri-color and HP 62XL Tri-color cartridges (for all regions).
How to Replace the Cartridge on the HP Officejet 250 Printer?
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer. Check if you have loaded enough paper into it.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait until the printer makes no noise.
- Elevate the latch and take the cartridge out from the slot.
- Unpack the replacement cartridge and peel off the protective tapes.
- Load the new cartridge into its slot and then close the latch. Close the cartridge access door.
- If the printer does not initiate the aligning process automatically, do it manually by performing the step below.Locate the Setup icon on the printer’s control panel and tap it. Select Printer Maintenance followed by Align Printer. Touch the Continue option.
- The printer will print an alignment page after aligning the cartridges.
How to Change Ink in the HP Officejet 250 Printer?
- Power up the printer and lift the access door. Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Release the cartridge to be refilled by lifting the latch on its slot.
- Take the cartridge out and peel off the sticker at the bottom.
- Get a new refill bottle and a syringe. Fill the ink into the syringe.
- Locate the refill holes at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Eject the ink from the syringe into each hole on the cartridge.
- Avoid over spilling of the ink. Use a clean tissue to blot out any excess ink, and seal the holes using a tape.
- Reinsert the HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup cartridge into its slot and try to print.
Troubleshooting HP Officejet 250 Printer
You may come across various issues while using the printer. Some of the frequently occurring issues and the solution for the same are discussed in the following sections.
What should I do if the HP Officejet 250 shows error state and causes the router to disconnect from the Internet?
This may occur when you are using Wi-Fi Direct for connecting the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer and computer along with the router. Carry out the steps below to resolve the issue.
- First, check if you have enabled Wi-Fi Direct on your printer. Refer to the steps below.
- Open the dashboard on the control panel by swiping the screen down.
- Select the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Now tap Setup. If Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, disable it.
- Try to print. If the issue remains unresolved, print a network configuration page.
- Read through the page to find and troubleshoot any connection issue.
- If you are still unable to print, restart your printer, laptop and router.
- Reset the printer, and try to print.
What am I supposed to do if the HP Officejet 250 mobile printer does not reset to defaults or connect to Wi-Fi?
- At times, the connection between the printer and Wi-Fi may drop and the printer may go offline.
- Perform a power reset on the printer. Turn the Officejet 250 printer on, and wait until it is silent.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer and wall outlet.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer after about 30 seconds.
- Wait for the printer to turn on automatically. If the 123.hp.com/oj250 printer fails to do so, turn it on manually. Try connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi now. If the issue persists, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Print the network configuration report from your HP Officejet 250 Printer Setup and locate the channel for your Wi-Fi network in the last page of the report.
- Open your browser, and provide the router IP address in the address bar.
- Change to a different channel using the configuration menu. Try to print a test page.
123.hp.com/oj250 is a mobile printer that can function efficiently over wireless networks, and supports cloud-based services such as HP ePrint, AirPrint, etc. using which the printer can be connected to any network-connected mobile. The page covers the instructions for performing hardware setup, installing the printer, and connecting it to devices via wireless network and USB. The guidelines for resolving the commonly occurring printer issues have also been provided in simple steps.