Complete 123.hp.com/dj1112 Printer Guide
To set up your 123.hp.com/dj1112 printer hardware, take out the printer from the box. Remove the packing materials from the printer. Connect the power cable into the wall outlet. Place paper into the main tray and install the ink cartridges. Download and install the printer driver.
How to Set Up 123.hp.com/dj1112 Printer?
- Open the HP Deskjet 1112 Setup container and take the printer out of it.
- Remove the packing materials on the Printer surface, input tray and cartridge access area.
- Remove the protective tapes and film on the control panel.
- Connect the printer power cord to a stable alternating power source.
- Press the power button and turn on the printer.
- Set the required settings and preferences on the control panel.
- Lower the output tray, install the new ink cartridges into the cartridge access area and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Load a new pile of blank paper into the main tray.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/dj1112 printer to a network connection.
- Download and install the updated printer software that suits your printer model.
HP Deskjet 1112 Driver and Manual Download
Download the HP Deskjet 1112 printer driver and manual using the links provided below. To download the manual and driver file from the manufacturer’s site, enter your printer’s model name in the search box and search it. Find the software driver and manual tab in the list of tabs. Click on the respective tab to download your file.
HP Deskjet 1112 Driver
Look into the 123.hp.com/dj1112 Printer Manufacturer’s site,choose the Software, Driver and Firmware option on the menu. View the software and driver page opens. Click Change to select your computer’s operating system and its version. Choose the software that you need to download and tap the Download button.
HP Deskjet 1112 Manual
Look into the manufacturer’s site, and type your printer model in the search box. Find the list of options on your HP Deskjet 1112 Setup. In that, choose Use Guides. In the next page, choose your preferred language from the drop-down list. Click the file that you need to download on your computer.
HP Deskjet 1112 driver download
- Setup your printer on a network and browse the manufacturer’s site on your web browser.
- Type 123.hp.com/dj1112 printer in the search bar and click the Search or Go icon.
- Choose Software, Driver and Firmware in the list of options.
- Click on the Change icon to change your operating system.
- Select the Operating System and its version from the drop-down list.
- Click Change or Update to start searching for the list of software.
- Check the driver file size and make sure that you have enough storage space on your computer.
- Click the Download option after ensuring that the storage on your computer.
- Find the downloaded file on the download path and then open the file to start the installation process.
- Carry forward the instructions on the screen and complete the driver setup.
Install hp Deskjet 1112 driver
- If an installation CD is available, load the it into the CD player of your computer.
- Check for the CD drive under This PC and then double-click on it to open. Run setup.exe file.
- If the installation CD is unavailable, download the driver file from the manufacturer’s site, open the driver file from the browser’s download path and then double-click the Setup.exe file to gin the installation process. Click Continue when the driver file starts to install.
- Read the HP Deskjet 1112 Setup instructions shown on the screen and click the Continue or Yes option. Accept the Terms and conditions of the Software License agreement.
- If the installation process prompts you to reboot the computer, save all the documents that are not saved and then close all the running programs.Now try to restart the computer.
- Open the 123.hp.com/dj1112 HP Printer Assistant application and try to print or scan.
HP Deskjet 1112 change ink cartridge
If the printer is not printing, check the ink level on the control panel and replace the low ink or empty cartridges with a new one. Find some simple ways to replace the ink cartridges below:
- Switch on the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already active.
- Lower the 123.hp.com/dj1112 output tray, and reach to the printer inside, hold the handle and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- Check if the carriage slides to the center of the printer and wait for the it to stop working and let it to be silent before you continue to the next step.
- Place your finger on the ink cartridge.
- Slowly press down to release it.
- Take out one ink cartridge toward you out of its slot.
- Purchase new genuine and compatible HP ink cartridges from HP store or local retailer.
- The new ink cartridge needs to be taken out from its package. Be sure to touch only the black plastic on the ink cartridge. Clear the plastic tape on the cartridge.
- Grasp the ink cartridge using its sides such that the nozzles face the printer, then insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot by matching the color code on the slot and ink cartridge.
- Insert the ink cartridge at a slight upward angle into the slot and then slowly push the ink cartridge inside until it fixes into place.
- Install the other ink cartridge in the same way.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
HP Deskjet 1112 ink refill
Check the ink level of the cartridges and if you find the ink level of a cartridge is low or empty, refill them.
- Purchase genuine ink that supports your HP Deskjet 1112 Setup ink cartridges.
- Purchase ink refilling equipment such as syringe, needle, dust-free cloth, gloves, and sealing tapes.
- Take out the empty ink cartridges from the slot.
- Find the refill hole on the cartridge and open it.
- Absorb the ink using the syringe and needle and inject it into the refill hole.
- Inject the ink into the hole slowly. Fast ink injection may leads to bubble formation.
- Bubble formation may affect the print quality.
- Close the refill hole using the tape and then insert the 123.hp.com/dj1112 ink cartridges into the slot.
HP Deskjet 1112 USB printer setup
- Switch on the printer and computer and get a USB cable less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- If you have connected the USB cable to the computer before the HP driver installation, disconnect it.
- Do not reconnect the USB cable to printer and computer unless prompted during the driver installation process. Search for ‘devices’ from the Start, and then Select the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the search results.
- Select the icon for your 123.hp.com/dj1112 printer model, and then select Remove device from the Right-click menu. If multiple icons appears on the printer, delete them.
- Exit from the Devices and Printers window, and then proceed to the next step.
- Select the USB option to continue and complete the setup, if it prompts while installing the driver. Then try printing on your Deskjet 1112 printer.
HP Deskjet 1112 factory reset
Try to reset the printing mechanism to resolve errors like paper jams, printer offline, printhead issues, etc. Try the below steps only when you could not resolve the issue after trying out all the troubleshooting steps:
- Connect the HP Deskjet 1112 Setup’s power cord to the alternating current source and turn it on.
- Wait until the printer remains idle and silent.
- Disconnect the power cable from printer, with the printer in active condition.
- Remove the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least one or two minutes.
- Insert the power cable back into the electrical wall outlet and other end to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the Deskjet 1112 printer. Check if all your factory data settings are reset.
HP Deskjet 1112 firmware update
- Make sure the Deskjet 1112 printer is active and linked to the computer through your USB cable or local network. Look into the Manufacturer site and if a Let’s identify your product to get started screen displays, select Printer.
- Type HP Deskjet 1112 printer, and then click Submit.
- The software search results page of your printer gets displayed with the default operating system.
- Click Change, to change the Windows version, select your OS and then click Change again.
- Choose the HP Deskjet 1112 Setup Firmware from the below list, and then click Download.
- Locate the file on your computer to start the installation process.
- See if the 123.hp.com/dj1112 printer’s serial number appears on the HP Printer Update window.
- If you able to see the serial number, click the checkbox next to it, and then select Update.
- If the serial number shown but the message is shown as not applicable (grayed out), there is no need to update the firmware. Click Cancel.
- If the serial number does not appear and your Deskjet 1112 printer uses the network connection, connect the printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Wait for 20 seconds, and tap Refresh. When the serial number shown on the screen, click the checkbox next to it and then click Update.
How to connect HP Deskjet 1112 printer to laptop?
- Connect your printer to stable power source using a power cable as a medium.
- Press the power button which is on the printer’s control panel to turn on the printer.
- Turn on your computer, if it is not active.
- Turn on a network router.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same network connection.
- Find the Devices and printers in the control panel and open it.
- Click Add a Printer and find your printer from the list. Now add it to your computer.
- Right-click on your 123.hp.com/dj1112 Printer icon and click Set as Default printer option.
- Browse the Manufacturer site and download the driver software file.
- Open the downloaded driver file from the browser download path or Downloads folder on your computer.
- Click continue and follow the installation instructions shown on the screen.
- Connect the USB cable between the computer and printer, if prompted during the driver installation.
- After successful installation driver software, open the file that you need to print and try to print.
HP Deskjet 1112 Troubleshooting
Some of the general printer issues are caused because of improper network configuration, power connection, ink cartridges installation, and paper jams. These issues can be overcome by installing the HP Print and Scan Doctor or by trying out some simple HP Deskjet 1112 Setup troubleshooting steps.
HP Deskjet 1112 won’t print
- Check if the printer power cable is firmly connected to a power outlet.
- Connect your printer and computer to the same network that has high-speed internet access.
- A slow internet speed may also cause this kind of issue.
- Check if enough paper are loaded into the input tray
- Inspect the 123.hp.com/dj1112 ink levels and replace the low or empty ink cartridges with a new one.
- Download and install the updated version of driver and firmware, if you are not using the latest version. Connect the USB cable only when it is prompted during the driver installation.
- Install the HP Print and Scan doctor to automatically detect and resolve the issue. If the problem continues, service your printer from an authorized service center.
HP Deskjet 1112 offline
- Make sure the power connection is stable and the power cable is connected firmly.
- Check if the computer and printer is connected to the network.
- Change your Internet Service Provider (ISP), if the router’s network connection is poor.
- Install the updated HP Deskjet 1112 Setup driver software and also upgrade the firmware to the most recent version.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software and install it on your computer.
- Try troubleshooting the wireless network connection.
- Ascertain that the HP Deskjet 1112 printer is the default printer.
- Remove other 123.hp.com/dj1112 printers installed on your computer and try to reset the printer.
How to clean HP Deskjet 1112 printhead?
- Place U.S. Letter or A4 size, new, plain paper into the main tray.
- The Power button needs to be pushed gently in order to turn it on, if it is not active.
- Search your computer for Print from the list of installed programs and then click Print & Fax, Printers & Scanners, or Print & Scan in the list of results.
- Choose your HP Deskjet 1112 Setup name, and then click Open Print Queue.
- Click Settings > Utility > Open Printer Utility > Clean Printheads.
- Click Print if the cleaning cycle completes. Check if the test page prints.
- Inspect the printed test page.
- If the output quality is acceptable, click the Done option and stop troubleshooting.
- If the quality is terrible, proceed with Second-level Cleaning.
HP Deskjet 1112 flashing power light
- Open the input tray and remove the jammed paper inside and then close it.
- Remove the jammed papers from the output tray and ink cartridge access area.
- The paper jam needs to be cleared.
- Ascertain that the carriage moves freely.
- Locate the Clean 123.hp.com/dj1112 Printer option on the Devices Services tab in your Windows computer or the Clean option from the Utility on your Mac to clean the ink smears on your printer.
- Clean the paper feed rollers manually.
- Check for any torn papers inside the printer and remove them.
- Try to reset the printing mechanism, or service your HP printer.
HP Deskjet 1112 paper jam
- Switch on the HP Deskjet 1112 printer, remove the power cord from the rear of the printer, and also from the electrical outlet.Wait for at least one or two minutes and then connect the cord to the printer and power outlet. Switch the printer on manually.
- Ascertain that the issue is resolved or not. If the problem persists, use a flashlight to check and remove paper jams inside the printer.Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Clear the jammed papers in the ink cartridge access area, if found.Ascertain that the carriage moves freely. Clear any torn paper or other foreign materials found.
- If the issue persists, clean the paper feed rollers manually. Take a clean cloth, dip it in water and then squeeze it.Clean the paper feed rollers using the cloth.
- If the error is still there, service the HP printer from an authorized service center.
HP Deskjet 1112 not printing black or color ink
- Make sure genuine HP ink cartridges installed on your printer.
- Download the full feature driver software and install it on your computer.
- Ensure that the printer is active and search for HP from your installed programs.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant application and then check the Estimated Ink Levels.
- Replace the ink cartridges if they are low or empty.
- Insert the black ink cartridge into the slot at the right side and the tri-color ink cartridge into the slot that is in the left.
- Hold and insert the ink cartridge in a slight upward angle into the right slot.
- Make sure that the cartridge fixes properly into the slot.
- Clean the ink cartridges and print the test page.
- If the print quality is excellent, stop troubleshooting. Clean the ink cartridges for three to four times and print the test page if the print quality is bad.
- Make sure that the ink cartridge is properly ventilated. If the vent hole is clogged with ink, remove the ink using a sharp pin.
- Identify the problematic 123.hp.com/dj1112 ink cartridge and replace it with a new one.
- If you find a problem with the black ink cartridge, remove it from the slot.
- If you detect any color ink blocks on the printed output, remove the installed color ink cartridge from the slot and replace it with a new cartridge and then try printing.