Full 123.hp.com/dj2132 Printer Setup Guide
123.hp.com/dj2132 is a multifunction inkjet printer that supports only USB connection. The printer is compactly designed to save space and handle easily. Setting up the printer involves performing the basic hardware set up, installing ink cartridges and loading paper. Refer to the steps below to perform the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup.
How to set up HP Deskjet 2132 printer?
- Get a USB cable of length less than 9 ft. Keep your computer ready.
- Remove all the packaging and safety material from the printer.
- Lower the printer’s output tray and then pull the access door down. Clear the safety materials, tapes, and other hardware materials.
- Plug the power cord into the appropriate port of the 123.hp.com/dj2132 printer. Connect the other end of the cord into a wall outlet.Look for the power button on the control panel and press it to power up the printer.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges. Peel off the yellow tapes.
- Do not attempt to touch the nozzles or electrical contacts.
- Reach the cartridge access door and lower it. Waituntil the carriage stops moving.
- Install the cartridges into the empty slots. Make sure they are secured in the slots and then close the access door. Raise the rear input tray from the printer, and slide the paper width guide out.
- Load enough paper into the tray and then adjust the guide such that it rests on the edge of the paper.
- Lower the output tray and draw the extender out.
- The printer will now print a calibration page. Mount the page on the scanner glass and then press the Start Copy Black button on the control panel. Wait while the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup aligns the ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2132 driver download
The driver for the HP Deskjet 2132 printer can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s site. Prefer a full feature driver in order to access all the features of the printer. You can also download the driver directly using the Driver Download button given below.
HP Deskjet Manual Download
A user guide or manual is supplied along with the printer. The manual comprises all the required information about the printer, the instructions for setting up and handling it. It can be downloaded in the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup PDF format using the Manual download button given on the page.
HP Deskjet 2132 driver download
- Open the manufacturer’s site, and go the Printer’s section.
- Provide the printer model number. Confirm your operating system if prompted.
- Click the Change option to select the version of your operating system.
- Click Driver and select the Download option.
- Choose the Full feature software package or Basic Drivers.
- Wait for the download process to complete.
- Alternately, to get the updated driver version in a single click, use the Driver Download button on the page.
- The full feature 123.hp.com/dj2132 driver for the printer model downloads.
- Proceed with the installation.
Install HP Deskjet 2132 driver
- Make sure that you have completed the 123.hp.com/dj2132 hardware setup. Unplug any Ethernet cable from your printer.
- Do not connect the printer and computer unless prompted by the installer.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive, and run the setup files.
- If you do not have the CD, click the Driver Download link provided on the page.
- Open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer, and double-click the .exe file (Windows) or .dmg file (Mac) to start the Installation Setup Wizard on your computer.
- Agree to the terms of the installer.
- Select a connection type and connect the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup and computer when prompted by the installer.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete. The driver is now installed, and the connection is established. Try to print.
HP Deskjet 2132 ink replacement
- Power ON the printer, reach the cartridge access door and lower it.
- Slightly press the 123.hp.com/dj2132 cartridge to be replaced and take it out from the slot.
- Get the replacement cartridge, and peel off the tapes on it without touching the contacts/nozzles.
- Insert the replacement cartridge into the slot. Repeat the same steps for replacing other ink cartridges if required.
- Close the access door, and wait until the printer prints an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner cover and place the page on the glass.
- Close the lid and press the Start Copy Black button on the control panel.
- The HP Deskjet 2132 Setup will align the cartridges. Print a test page.
HP Deskjet 2132 ink refill
- Power up your printer and lower the cartridge access door.
- Once the carriage halts, press the cartridge to be refilled to release it from the slot.
- Get an ink refill bottle, a syringe, and a needle.
- Locate the refill holes beneath the cartridge.
- Pierce the holes using a needle.
- Fill the syringe with ink from the bottle, and inject the ink into the cartridge via each hole.
- Blot out the excess ink from the cartridge using a clean cloth or tissue.
- Seal the holes immediately using a sealing tape.
- Reinsert the cartridges and close the 123.hp.com/dj2132 access door.
- Perform the cartridge alignment, and try printing a document.
HP Deskjet 2132 USB printer setup
- If you have already established a connection between the printer and the computer before installing the HP driver, open the Devices and Printers window on your computer, and remove the printer software to ensure successful setup.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer or download the driver using the Driver Download link given on the page.
- Extract the downloaded file to a storage location on your computer.
- Run the setup files.
- Keep following the prompts of the installer until the installation is complete.
- Make sure to choose the ‘USB’ connection type when prompted, and connect the printer and your computer.
- The computer will recognize the 123.hp.com/dj2132 printer and connect to it. Print a document or photo to verify the connection setup.
How to connect HP Deskjet 2132 to computer?
- Power on the printer. Connect the printer and your computer using a USB cable.
- In most cases, the Windows automatically detects the 123.hp.com/dj2132 printer and installs the built-in driver.
- You may see the Installing device driver software alert on your computer.
- Try printing after the installation is complete. If you are not able to print, manually set the Windows update to download and install the driver. Remove the USB cable from the printer. Open the Device installation settings window, and select the Yes option. Click Save Changes.
- Connect the printer and your computer using a USB cable. You should see the Found a new Hardware alert. Follow the prompts to install the driver.
- If you are unable to print, use the Add a Printer wizard. Open the Devices and Printers folder, and select Add a Printer. Click the printer’s name, and select the Next option. Keep following the on-screen instructions.
- If the printer’s name is not displayed, select the Add a local printer option and then click the Next tab again.Select Windows Update, and select the printer’s name from the manufacturer’s pane.
- Click Next, and follow the prompts displayed on the screen until the installation is complete. Try to print.Remove and reconnect the USB cable after the installation is complete.
How to print using HP Deskjet 2132?
- Power on the Deskjet 2132 printer.
- Raise the input tray.
- Move the paper width guide to a side, load enough paper, and adjust the guides.
- Keep the output tray lowered to collect the printed document.
- Make sure the cartridges are correctly installed.
- Power on your computer.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application.
- Click the File menu and select Print option.
- Select the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup Preferences option to access the print settings.
- Choose an appropriate orientation, brightness, color, size, etc., and make sure all the other parameter are as per your requirement.
- Select Preview to view the document, and make any final changes to the print settings. Click Print.
- The 123.hp.com/dj2132 printer will receive the print job and print the document.
HP Deskjet 2132 duplex printing
- The printer does not have a duplexer, and so automatic duplexing is not supported. However, you can perform manual duplexing using the duplexing settings on the printer driver.
- Open the document of which you want to make a duplex copy.
- Click the File menu and then select Print.
- Go to the 123.hp.com/dj2132 Printer Properties option to open the Document Properties window.
- Click the Printing Shortcuts tab, and select Two-sided (Duplex) Printing.
- Print on Both Sides Manually, and make sure the Flip on Long Edge option is chosen.
- If your computer does not display the Printing Shortcut tab, select the Layout tab, and set the duplexing option.
- Choose between binding or HP Deskjet 2132 Setup page flip options.
- Select the number of copies, click OK, and select Print.
- Remove the printed page, flip it and place it in the input tray again. Ensure that the printed side is facing down.
- Select the Continue option. The printer will now print the other side of the document.
HP Deskjet 2132 firmware update
- Make sure the printer is powered on and connected to the computer.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site, and provide the printer model under the Printers section.
- Click the Firmware option, and select Download. Save the files to a storage location on your computer.
- Double-click the file to install it. Make sure the HP Deskjet 2132 Setup’s serial number is displayed on the Printer Update window that opens. Click OK once the update is complete.
- If you have a Mac computer, open the Firmware updater, select the printer’s name, and click Continue.
- Click Continue when you see the Device is ready to be reflashed option. Select Done after the update is complete.
HP Deskjet 2132 factory reset
- Power on the 123.hp.com/dj2132 printer.
- Wait until the printer becomes idle and silent.
- Remove the power cord from the rear port without turning the printer off.
- Plug out the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the outlet and then to the printer.
- If the printer does not power up automatically, turn it on manually.
There are several commonly occurring printer issues, such as the offline error, print quality issues, connectivity issues, paper jams, cartridge errors, etc., that can be quickly resolved using the simple 123.hp.com/dj2132 troubleshooting guidelines provided on the page.