Instructions for 123.hp.com/dj2600 Printer Setup
123.hp.com/dj2600 printer is a wireless printer that can print and scan at high resolution to produce quality output. The printer also has mobile printing capability, supporting services such as Apple AirPrint and HP ePrint. Keep reading through the instruction pages to set up the printer easily over USB and wireless connections.
Quick Installation Steps for 123 HP Deskjet 2600
- Once you receive the printer, lift it from the packaging box and check if all the other accessories are present.
- Choose a flat surface to place the printer. Now, peel off all the tapes on the printer.
- Lower the output tray to reach the inside of the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer. Use the handles to lower the access door.
- Clear all the safety materials and tapes inside the printer.
- Get the power cord supplied along with the printer and unwrap it.
- Connect the printer to a nearby power source using the cord.
- Locate the Power button on the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup’s control panel and press it to turn the printer on. Do not proceed until the printer is idle.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges. Avoid touching the nozzles or contacts of the cartridges.
- Lower the access door and push the new cartridges into the slot.
- Close the access door and then the output tray.
- Raise the input tray from the printer, move the paper width guides to the extreme sides, and place a stack of plain sheets in the tray.
- Adjust the guides to fit the page. Lower the output tray, and pull the 123.hp.com/dj2600 tray extender.
HP Deskjet 2600 Driver
Printer drivers are of two major types, the full feature driver and the basic driver. The full feature driver includes software packages using which you can access the most basic to advanced features of the printer. The driver should be secure, updated and most importantly, compatible with your computer’s operating system. You can get the driver for HP Deskjet 2600 printer using the Driver Download link below.
HP Deskjet 2600 Manual
The manual for Deskjet 2600 printer is usually supplied along with the printer for getting details about the printer and referring to the instructions while performing any HP Deskjet 2600 Setup function.You can also refer to the troubleshooting guidelines to fix printer issues on your own. The manual can also be downloaded in the PDF format using the Manual Download link given on the page.
Driver Download Procedure for HP DJ2600 for Windows OS
- You use the Windows built-in 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer driver for automatically downloading and installing the software.
- Open Change device installation settings control panel on your Windows OS.
- Select Yes and click the Save Changes option.
- Connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable.
- When the Found new hardware alert pops up, click on it and follow the instructions.
- Print a test page to check if you can access the printer.
- If you are not able to print, open the Devices and Printers window on your Windows and click Add a Printer.
- Select the printer’s name and click Next.
- Keep following the on-screen prompts until the driver is installed. Try to print.
Driver Download Procedure for HP DJ2600 for Mac OS
- Power up the Deskjet 2600 printer and your computer.
- For Mac OS or OS X 10.6 (and later), click the Apple menu and open the System Preferences window.
- Select Print and Fax, Print and Scan or Print and Scanners option, whichever displays on your device.
- Click Printers and remove the Deskjet 2600 printer and re-add it.
- If the printer is not available, click the ‘+’ icon, and select the Add Printer or Scanner option.
- Open the Use or Print Using the menu to select the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup name.
- Now add the printer to the list by clicking the Add button. Exit the System Preferences window.
- Check if the installation is successful by printing a test page.
- If you are a Mac OS X 10.6 user, connect the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer to the computer before installing the driver.
- Open the System Preferences window and follow the same procedure.
How to Install HP Deskjet 2600 Driver?
- Make sure that you have completed the hardware setup.
- Unplug any Ethernet cable from your printer.
- Do not connect the printer and computer unless prompted by the installer.
- Look for the installation CD in the printer box. Insert the CD into the computer’s hard drive and run the setup files.
- If you do not have the installation CD or the driver in the CD is not compatible with your operating system, click the Driver Download link.
- Open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer, and double-click the .exe file to start the 123.hp.com/dj2600 Installation Setup Wizard on your computer.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer.
- Select a connection type and connect the printer and computer when prompted by the installer.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete. The driver is now installed and the connection is established. Try to print.
How do you do HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless Setup?
- A wireless connection between the printer and devices make printing easier.
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup on the printer’s control panel for setting up the printer on a wireless network.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer and wait until it makes no noise.
- Check if the computer is connected to your network.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site, and click Download against HP Easy Start.
- Click the My Printer is not Shown option when a prompt appears asking you to select the printer.
- Select the continue option in the next screen that appears and then click the Wireless network option.
- Click the Continue option. You will be instructed to set up the printer on a network. Tap the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup Wireless icon on the control panel and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network’s name from the list of available networks. Provide the WEP/WPA key of the network if prompted, and wait until the printer connects to the network.
- Keep following the prompts on your computer screen until the installation is complete.
Setting Up HP 2600 Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Direct is a simple-to-use feature that lets you connect the printer to your device without a router network.
- Press the Wireless button and the Resume button on the printer’s control panel to enable Wi-Fi Direct.
- To connect from a Windows 10 device, click the Start menu and select 123.hp.com/dj2600 Settings. Click Devices and then select the Printers & Scanners option.
- For Windows 8.1, click the Charms menu and select Devices.
- Select the Add a Printer or Scanner option and then click Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- Look for the printer with DIRECT mentioned in its name. Ensure that your Deskjet printer is in the ready state and then click the Add device option.
- If you are asked for the WPS PIN, immediately go the printer and note down the 8 digit printer displayed on the control panel.
- Type the PIN on the screen within 1 and a half minute and click Next.
- Now select an item for printing and open it. Click File and select the Print option.
- Select the Deskjet 2600 printer from the list of printers and then click Print.
How to Find HP Deskjet 2600 WPS PIN?
- The WPS PIN for the printer is required for connecting a device with a network or other network-enabled devices.
- Click the Start menu and select Settings.
- Choose the Devices option and then select Printers and Scanners.
- Click Add a HP Deskjet 2600 Setup or scanner option.
- Wait while the Windows OS searches for the available printers.
- Select the printer’s name, and confirm if the printer is in the ready state.
- Click the Add device option.
- If a screen appears prompting you to provide the 123.hp.com/dj2600 WPS PIN, immediately go to the printer’s control panel and note the 8-digit password displayed on the control panel.
- Enter the PIN on the window.
How to do HP Deskjet 2600 Ink Replacement?
- Replace the cartridges that are critically low on ink or the ones that are damaged with only genuine cartridges. The print quality may deteriorate with time if third-party cartridges are used.
- Power ON the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer, and lower the paper output tray. Hold the handles on either side of the printer, and lower the cartridge access door.
- Slightly give a press on the ink cartridge to be replaced. This releases the cartridge. Take the cartridge out from the slot.
- Get the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup replacement cartridge, and peel off the tapes on it without touching the contacts/nozzles.
- Insert the replacement cartridge into the slot. Repeat the same steps for replacing other ink cartridges if required.
- Close the access door. Wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner lid, position the alignment page on the glass, and close the lid.
- Press the Start Copy Black button or Start Copy Color button on the control panel.
- Wait while the printer performs the cartridge alignment.
How to do HP Deskjet 2600 Ink Refill?
- Power up the Deskjet 2600 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Lift the cartridge access door using the handles on either side of the printer. Proceed only when the carriage is not moving.
- Slightly press the cartridge to be refiled down and remove it from the slot.
- Keep the ink bottle, a syringe, a needle, and tissues ready.
- Run a toothpick or needle over the label beneath the cartridge to locate the refill holes.
- Pierce the holes using a needle.
- Fill the syringe with ink and inject the ink into the cartridge via the holes.
- Wipe the area around the holes using a clean tissue.
- Seal the holes immediately using a sealing tape. Reinsert the 123.hp.com/dj2600 cartridges and pull the access door down.
- Align the ink cartridges.
How to Scan on HP DJ 2600?
- The HP Deskjet 2600 printer can scan at a resolution of 1200×1200 dpi using the Contact Image Sensor technology.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer and allow it to finish its initialization.
- Raise the scanner lid and place your original with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Search your Windows for HP, and select the Deskjet 2600 printer to open the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Choose Scan a Document or Photo. This opens the HP Scan window.
- Select a shortcut. Modify the scan settings as per your requirement.
- You can also preview the scan and modify the settings. Click the Show scan preview option and edit the scan.
- To specify a location for saving the scanned data, go to HP Deskjet 2600 Setup Advanced Settings and select More. Choose Destination and then browse the folder.
- Click Save to save the changes.
How to Connect HP Deskjet 2600 to Computer?
- Make sure the printer’s hardware setup is complete, and power up the Deskjet 2600 printer.
- Ensure that cartridge access area and paper input tray are free of packaging material.
- Raise the input tray and insert some plain sheets into it. The next step is installing the driver for the printer.
- If you have already connected the printer and your computer using a USB cable before installing the HP driver, open the Devices and Printers window on your computer.
- Select the printer’s name and remove the printer.
- Insert the installation CD delivered along with the printer into the computer’s hard drive.
- If you do not have the CD, just click the Driver Download link provided on the page to get the driver.
- Extract the files to a storage location on your computer. Run the setup files.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the installer to proceed with the installation. Choose the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Select the USB connection type when prompted.Connect the 123hp.com/dj2600 printer and computer using a USB cable.
- Once the connection is established, try printing a document.
HP Deskjet 2600 Troubleshooting
The guidelines for fixing some of the common 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer issues such as print quality errors, paper jams, offline errors, etc., are provided on the printer manual. For a more simplified step to quickly resolve the issues, keep reading through the page.
How to do HP Deskjet 2600 Factory Reset?
- Resetting the printer will change the settings on the printer control panel to default factory settings.
- Turn on the Deskjet 2600 printer, and wait until the initialization process completes.
- Remove the power cord from the rear port of the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup while the printer is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the electrical wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet after a few seconds.
- Plug the other end of the cord back into the printer’s rear port.
- The printer should power up on its own, if it fails to do so, turn it on manually.
- The printer’s settings are now reset.
Why HP Deskjet 2600 Won’t Print?
- Check if you are using genuine ink cartridges. You can purchase the replacement ink cartridges from the printer’s manufacturer or the local retailers.
- Check estimated ink levels from the printer’s control panel or using the printer software.
- Click the Apple Menu followed by System Preferences.
- Open the Printers & Scanners window and click Supply Levels to view the ink level.
- If you have the Windows OS, download the HP Smart App, and add the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer to it.
- View the ink level from the app’s homescreen. You can also use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Open tool, select the Printer. Click the Printer option and click Supply levels.
Why HP Deskjet 2600 Won’t Scan?
- The printer may not scan if there is any communication issue or improper scan settings. Refer to the steps to quickly fix the problem.
- Restart the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer and your computer.
- Check if your printer and your computer are properly connected.
- Disconnect the USB cable and examine it.
- Replace the cable if it is damaged or worn out. Try to scan.
- Reset the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Settings and Dependencies and then try to scan.
- If the issue persists, install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows operating system.
- Open the software, click Start, and select the HP Deskjet 2600 Setup’s name. Click the Fix Scanning option. Keep following the prompts of the software until the issue is fixed.
- If the above steps did not help, uninstall the printer driver from your computer and reinstall it. Scan a photo or document.
Solution for HP Deskjet 2600 Orange Light Blinking
- Refer to the steps below to clear the error in no time.
- Power up your Deskjet printer and wait until the initialization is complete.
- Remove the power cord from the rear of the printer and then from the outlet.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer. The printer should turn on automatically.
- Power up the printer manually if the printer fails to turn on. Check if the blinking of the light has stopped.
- If the issue persists, remove and re-insert the cartridges into the correct slot.
- Check the contacts on the cartridges and the slots. Clean them using a clean cloth.
- If the issue persists, update the 123.hp.com/dj2600 printer firmware.
- Download and install the updated version of the firmware from the manufacturer’s site.