Experience the Latest 123.hp.com/envy4520 Setup Procedure
123.hp.com/envy4520 is a multifunctional printer that can perform high-end printing using the latest ink delivery technology. It supports USB and wired/wireless network connections and can be easily accessed from your mobile devices via ePrint and AirPrint services. Keep reading to include the instructions for setting up and installing the HP Envy 4520 Setup.
How to Setup or Install HP Envy 4520?
- Remove all the packaging material from the outside of the printer, trays and cartridge access area.
- Pull the input tray out and draw the extender out.
- Slide out the paper width guides, and place enough paper in the input tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides according to the size of the paper stack.
- Push the tray back into the HP Envy 4520 Setup. Connect the printer to the electrical wall outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Power on the printer and set your preferences including date and time on the control panel.
- Tap the OK option to confirm your choices.
- Raise the cartridge access door using the handles, and wait for the carriage to move to the left and halt there.
- Peel off the plastic tapes on the new ink cartridges. Lift the lid on the slot and insert the cartridges into the appropriate slots.
- By default, the color ink cartridges should be installed in the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Close the lid to secure the cartridges. Pull the access door down. Wait while the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer prints an alignment page.
- Mount the page with its printed side down on the scanner glass. The printer will align the ink cartridges.
- The printer’s hardware setup is complete. Proceed to install the driver and connect your printer to your device.
HP Envy 4520 Driver Download
The Envy 4520 printer is usually supplied along with a setup disc comprising the driver. The disc may not be delivered in some regions, or the driver on the disc might be outdated. In such cases, download the updated version of the driver using the link given below.
HP Envy 4520 Printer Manual
Your printer carton should be containing a small, handy user manual comprising all the required information about the particular 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer model. The manual is also available in the PDF format and click the link below to download the manual.
Driver for HP Envy 4520 Printer
The printer driver for the HP Envy 4520 printer can be installed either from the installation CD supplied along with the printer or by downloading it. Alternately, the Windows operating system has a built-in driver for specific printer models, and the driver for Mac can also be installed using the HP Easy Start application.
HP Envy 4520 Driver for Mac
- Power up your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Apple menu on your Mac and then click System Preferences.
- Select the Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners option, whichever is displayed on your version of the operating system.
- Look for the Envy 4520 printer, and select it if it is displayed. Click the delete ‘-’ icon to remove the printer.
- Re-add the printer by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
- Select the Add Printer or Scanner option, and choose the Envy 4520 printer.
- Now click the Print Using OR Use menu, and select the printer’s name.
- Choose the Add option. The printer will now be added to the list of devices.
- Click Download and Install when you receive a prompt to install the printer software.
- Exit the System Preferences window after the installation of the driver, and try to print.
HP Envy 4520 Driver for Windows
- Search for device installation on your Windows OS and open the Device Installation Settings window.
- Select the Yes for the question asking if you want to download the HP Envy 4520 Setup driver software and realistic icons. Click the Save Changes tab.
- Now connect the printer to your computer via USB, wired network or Wi-Fi.
- For connecting via a USB cable, plug one end of the cable into the printer and the other end into the computer.
- When the computer displays the Found a new hardware window, follow the prompts on it to install the driver.
- If you are not able to print, use the Add a Printer Wizard to install the driver.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder on your Windows computer, and click Add a Printer.
- Select the Add a local 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer option and follow the prompts until the installation completes.
HP Envy 4520 Driver Installation
- Power up the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Plug out any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer’s rear.
- Turn your computer on. Insert the installation disc, if you have one, into your computer’s hard drive.
- If you do not have a CD, download the driver by clicking the link given below.
- The driver should be compatible with the operating system of your computer.
- Save the downloaded file to a storage location on your computer.
- Open the Downloads folder and give a double-click on the .exe file to run it.
- Select a connection type when prompted and proceed by clicking the Next option.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Do as per the prompts displayed on the installer.
- Connect the printer and computer when you receive a prompt.
- Print a test page for verifying the connections.
123 HP Envy 4520 Wireless Setup
You can easily access the HP Envy 4520 Setup from your device over a wireless network. Keep reading to know about these features to know how to use the features using which you can connect the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer to a wireless network.
How to Connect to HP Envy 4520 Wireless Printer?
- Keep your network SSID and WEP/WPA passphrase ready.
- Remove any connection between the printer and computer.
- Connect your computer to the network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Touch Wireless icon the control panel. The printer will display the wireless screen.
- Open the Settings menu and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Wait while the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer searches for available networks.
- Select the SSID of your network from the list of networks and then tap OK.
- Keep following the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the setup. Provide the WPA/WEP key if prompted.
- Now install the printer driver. Select the wireless connection type when prompted.
- Keep following the prompts displayed on the installer screen to complete the setup.
123 HP Envy 4520 ePrint Setup
- The HP ePrint service lets you send print jobs to any web-enabled printer via email. The procedure for using the ePrint service is given below.
- Power up your Envy 4520 printer and wait until the warm-up period completes.
- Tap the ePrint icon on the control panel.
- Select Setup and keep following the on-screen prompts to enable the Web Services.
- The printer will display the ePrint email address.
- If the address does not display on the control panel, touch the Print Info option to print an information page.
- Find the email address of the printer on the page.
- Check if your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Open a web browser from your computer and then log into your email account.
- Enter the email address in the To field and give a subject for the mail.
- Attach a document or photo to the mail, and click Send.
123 HP Envy 4520 Apple AirPrint Setup
AirPrint enables accessing the HP Envy 4520 Setup from a Mac computer and perform printing and scanning without the need for installing a driver.
- Power up your Envy 4520 printer and make sure it is connected to the computer.
- Open a document or photo that you want to print, and click the File menu.
- Select Print and check if the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer is listed in the Printers menu.
- If the printer’s name is not displayed, click the Apple menu on your Mac computer.
- Select System Preferences and then click Printers & Scanners.
- Go to the Printers section. If the printer’s name is listed, click the ‘-’ sign to remove it.
- Re-add the printer by clicking the ‘+’ sign.
- Now select the Add Printer or Scanner option and choose the printer’s name.
- Click the Print Using menu and make sure the AirPrint or Secure AirPrint is displayed. Proceed with printing.
How to Perform HP Envy 4520 Cloud Print Setup?
Cloud Print is a free service using which you can print documents from any network-connected device without the need for any software.
- Make sure the HP Envy 4520 Setup and computer are connected over the same network.
- Open your Chrome browser, type chrome: //devices, and then hit Enter.
- Google Cloud Print will search for the network-connected devices.
- Click New devices and if the printer is listed, select Register. Print a confirmation page by clicking the Register option again. Go to the printer’s control panel and confirm the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer registration.
- Sign into your Google account from your browser, go to Cloud Print and then click Print Jobs.
- Click Print, select Upload file to print, and click the Select a file from my computer option. Select the document you want to print. Select the printer’s name from the Google Cloud Print window, and click Print after changing the print settings.
How to Find the WPS PIN on HP 4520 Printer?
The Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN will be displayed by the printer when you choose the WPS PIN method for setting up the printer on a wireless network.
- Power up the Envy 4520 printer.
- Wait until the printer finishes warming up.
- Locate the Wireless on the control panel and select it.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option.
- The printer will display Push button and PIN options.
- Select the PIN method and wait until the printer displays an eight-digit PIN.
- Note down the PIN and use it for connecting the printer to a wireless network.
How to Connect HP Envy 4520 to a Laptop?
Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s control panel helps you easily connect your printer to Wi-Fi.
- Keep your network SSID and password ready.
- Power up your router, laptop, and printer.
- Connect your laptop to the wireless network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Plug out any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Find the Wireless icon on the control panel display and tap it.
- Select the Settings icon and then select Wireless Setup Wizard. Wait while the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer searches for the available networks.
- Select the SSID of your network and provide the WPA or WEP key if prompted.
- Install the driver for your printer model.
- Make sure to select the Wireless connection type when prompted by the installer.
Ink Cartridge for HP Envy 4520 Printer
The Envy 4520 printer can be loaded with both colored and black ink cartridges. Use only genuine cartridges as third-party cartridges may cause quality issues.
How to Refill Ink in HP Envy 4520 Cartridge?
- Power up the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer, and wait until it is idle.
- Lift the cartridge access door. Do not proceed until the carriage stops moving.
- Identify the slot containing the cartridge to be refilled. Raise the lid on the slot, and remove the cartridge.
- Keep the ink bottle, a syringe, a needle and tissues ready.
- Locate and pierce the refill holes at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Fill the syringe with ink and inject the ink into the cartridge through the holes.
- Avoid over-spilling of the ink. Wipe the area around the holes using a clean tissue.
- Seal the holes immediately using tape.
- Insert the refilled ink cartridge into its slot and then close the lid.
- Pull the access door down, and wait for the printer to align the ink cartridges.
How to Change Ink Cartridge HP Envy 4520?
- Turn on the HP Envy 4520 printer, and wait until it finishes warming-up.
- Draw the input tray out, and place enough paper in it.
- Raise the cartridge access door and push it back until it clicks to a position.
- Lift the cover on the slot once the HP Envy 4520 Setup carriage stops moving.
- Take the cartridge to be replaced from the slot.
- Peel off the plastic tapes on the new ink cartridges. Do not touch the nozzle or electrical contacts.
- Load the new ink cartridge into the empty slot and then close the lid to secure it.
- Pull the printer’s output tray out and slightly lift its extender. Close the access door.
- Wait until the printer prints an alignment sheet. Raise the scanner lid and Place the sheet on the glass.
- Close the scanner lid and tap OK on the control panel. Tap OK once the printer finishes aligning the cartridges.
How to Print Photos on HP Envy 4520?
The Envy 4520 can print at a resolution of Use the correct photo paper and print setting to get the best result.
Printing using Windows Photo Viewer or Paint
- Make sure the printer is turned on and in the ready state.
- Raise the input tray and load enough photo papers into the tray.
- Open the photo you want to print using Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.
- Click the File menu, and select the Print or Print Pictures option.
- Modify the print settings. Open the Document Properties window to view advanced HP Envy 4520 Setup settings option.
- Select a suitable orientation, paper size and border.
- Use an appropriate print job setting in the Document Properties window.
- Choose a suitable quality and color level for the best result.
- Finally, select OK and then click Print.
- Wait until the printer prints the photo.
- Remove the remaining photo papers from the tray after printing to avoid curling of the papers.
How to Scan on HP Envy 4520?
The 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer can scan at a resolution of 1200×1200 ppi using the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder.
How to Scan Multiple Pages on HP Envy 4520?
- Power up your printer, elevate the scanner lid, and place your original document on the scanner glass. Select the computer name on the control panel, and choose a suitable scan type. Tap the Scan option.
- The document will be scanned and sent your computer. To access more scan settings, use the HP Scan software.
- Click Start on your Windows OS, open the HP folder and select the printer’s name.
- This opens the HP Printer Assistant window. Select the Scan option and then click Scan a Document or Photo to open the HP Scan window. Select the Save as PDF option. If you have used the Automatic Document Feeder to scan the document, click Save.
- If you have used the scanner glass, place the next page to be scanned on the glass, and click the ‘+’ icon. After scanning all the pages, click Save. Open the Save as Type menu and select PDF. Rename the file and folder in which you want to save the scan, and click Save.
How to Reset HP Envy 4520 Printer?
- Power up the HP Envy 4520 printer and wait until it makes no noise.
- Unplug the power cable from the rear port of the printer.
- Disconnect the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cable to the wall outlet after about 30 seconds.
- Replug cable into the printer’s rear, and wait for the printer to turn on automatically.
- If the printer fails to turn on its own, power it up manually.
- Wait until the printer finishes warming up.
- All 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer settings are now reset to the default factory settings. Try to print.
- The instructions for resolving common printer issues are provided in a detailed manner in the following sections.
Why HP Envy 4520 AirPrint not Working?
- Check if the printer and your device are connected to the same network.
- Try updating the printer firmware either directly from the control panel or the manufacturer’s website.
- Make sure your iOS operating system is updated. Try printing a document via AirPrint. If the issue persists, proceed with the following steps.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the HP Envy 4520 Setup, and select the Settings icon.
- Go to the Advanced Settings menu, and disable iPv6 if it is enabled.
- If the issue remains unresolved, print a Network Configuration Page and then find the URL for Embedded Web Server page.
- Type the URL on your browser’s address bar, click Network and then select Internet Printing Protocol. Clear the Internet Printing Protocol over HTPPS (IPPS)box and click Save. Try printing.
Why does HP 4520 Paper Tray Won’t Close?
The printer may display an error if the paper tray does not click and stay in place. The instruction for clearing the error is given below.
- Draw the input tray out and remove any curled or wrinkled paper from it.
- If the tray doesn’t come out, check for obstructions hindering the movement.
- Make sure the paper width guides are resting against the edges of the paper.
- Push the tray back into the printer.
- If you are using a legal size paper, leave it open.
- If the issue remains unresolved, power cycle the printer.
- Turn off the HP Envy 4520 Setup and remove the power cord from the printer’s rear.
- Connect the cord back to the printer after a few seconds and turn it on.
- Check if the error is cleared.
- If the issue persists, service your printer.
Why HP Envy 4520 Scanner not Connecting?
If a communication issue between the printer and computer, the Scanner not Found or the Computer not Found error may pop up while you attempt to scan. Refer to the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Power reset the printer. Plug out the power cord while keeping the printer turned on, and reconnect it after a few seconds.
- Make sure the power cord and USB cable are securely connected to their respective ports on the printer and computer. Try to scan.
- If the issue remains unresolved, install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows OS. Open the software, select the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer’s name and then click Fix Scanning.
- If you are still unable to scan, check the scanner bar functionality. Lift the scanner lid and remove any document on the glass. Tap Copy on the control panel.
- If the scanner light blinks, but you are unable to scan, reinstall the full feature printer driver.
- Service the printer if the scanner light does not appear to be moving.
Why my HP Envy 4520 Printer Won’t Print?
- Power cycle the printer and make sure it is in the ready state.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder on your Windows operating system.
- Locate the icon for your 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer and right-click it. Select the Set as the default printer option. Right-click the printer icon again and select the See what’s printing option.
- When the print queue window opens, click the Printer’s name, and deselect the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline checkboxes.
- If you are not able to print, delete the printer driver from your OS and restart the computer.
- Open the Run dialogue box on your Windows OS and then remove the printer from the registries. Restart the computer.
- Now download and install the most recent HP Envy 4520 setup driver. Check if the issue is resolved.
Fixing HP 4520 Printing Blank Pages Issues
- Power up the printer and tap the ink drop icon on the control panel to check the estimated ink level in your cartridges.
- Replace the empty or low ink cartridges with genuine ink cartridges to avoid quality issues.
- Check if you have loaded print media supported by the printer.
- If the issue persists, remove the cartridges from the slots and clean them using a damp cloth.
- If the issue remains unresolved, perform a print head cleaning from your operating system.
- Proceed to a deep print head cleaning if the printer still prints blank pages.
- Open the HP software and make sure the print settings are set as per your print job.
- If the problem persists, remove and reconnect the power cord while keeping the 123.hp.com/envy4520 printer turned on.
- Try to print a test page.
HP Envy 4520 is a multifunctional printer that can be accessed from your devices via USB or wireless network. The instructions for performing the hardware setup, driver installation and wireless configuration for the printer have been given in simple, user understandable manner. The printer also supports certain advanced wireless features such as AirPrint, Cloud Print and ePrint. The procedure for accessing and utilizing these features are also given in clear step-by-step instructions. The page also covers the guidelines for troubleshooting some of the commonly occurring printer problems.