Quick Guidance for 123.hp.com/envy5055 Printer Setup
123.hp.com/envy5055 is an All-in-One multifunctional printer that can perform high-end printing and scanning functions. It can be accessed from your device over USB, or a wired/wireless network. The HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup involves performing the basic hardware setup, driver installation and establishing a connection between the printer and computer.
How to Install the HP Envy 5055 Printer?
- Carefully, lift the Envy 5055 printer from the packaging box and then place it preferably on a flat surface. Hold the handles on either side of the printer and lift the cartridge access door. Clear any tapes or safety material inside.
- Get the power cord supplied along with the printer. Identify the end to be connected to the printer and plug it into the rear port of the printer.
- Insert the other end into the wall outlet. Peel off the sticker on the control panel.
- Look for the Power button on the left of the control panel and press it.
- Set your preferences on the control panel. Tap Yes after setting up each preference.
- Open the access door and lift the lid on each slot once the carriage stops moving. Unwrap the new ink cartridges and insert them into appropriate slots.
- Pull the input tray out, remove any packaging material and then place a stack of plain paper in the input tray.
- The printer will now print a calibration page.
- Open the scanner lid and place the page on the glass. The printed side of the page should face the glass. Close the lid and then tap OK on the control panel.
- Once the printer finishes aligning the ink cartridges, touch OK again. The printer is now all set to be connected to a device.
Download the Latest HP Envy 5055 Printer Driver and Manual
The printer driver controls and manages the functions of a printer from a device connected to the printer. Keep
the driver for 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer updated to experience uninterrupted service. The manual comprising all the details of the Envy 5055 printer and its accessories can be downloaded in the PDF format for ease of reference.
HP Envy 5055 Driver Download
Drivers can be broadly divided into the full feature and basic drivers, depending on the functionality. The installation CD, supplied along with the printer comprises the printer driver. In case the driver is outdated or incompatible, you can use the link provided below to download.
HP Envy 5055 Manual Download
It may be a difficult task to keep flipping the pages while searching for details in a manual booklet supplied along with the printer. The manual for the HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup can be downloaded in the PDF format.
Downloading Envy5055 Driver for Mac
- Power up the Envy 5055 printer, and connect it to the computer using a USB cable or a network.
- Open the Apple menu on your Mac and select System Preferences.
- Select Print and Fax, Print and Scan or Print and Scanners option, whichever displays on your device.
- Go to the 123.hp.com/envy5055 Printer’s section. If you see the printer’s name listed, remove it.
- Click the ‘+’ icon and then select the Add Printer or Scanner option.
- If the printer is not listed, select Add Printer or Scanner option.
- Now open the Use or Print Using menu and then select the printer’s name.
- Locate the Add and click it to add the printer to the list of devices.
- Click the Download and Install option if prompted.
- Exit the System Preferences window, and wait until the installation completes.
Downloading Envy5055 Driver for Windows
- Windows comprise built-in drivers for several printer models. However, you can only perform the basic printer functionality.
- To start with, open the Change device installation settings control panel window.
- Select ‘Yes do this automatically’ option, and click the Save Changes tab.
- Connect your printer to the computer using a USB cable.
- When the ‘Found a new hardware’ window opens, confirm the printer and keep following the prompts until the driver installation is complete.
- Try to print. If you are cannot access the printer, use the Add a Printer wizard for installing the driver.
- Search for Control on your Windows and then select Control panel.
- Click the View Devices and Printers option.
- Choose the Add a Printer option and then select the printer’s name.
- Click the Next button, and keep following the instructions until the installation completes.
How do I Install HP Envy 5055 Printer Driver?
- The driver for the HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup can be installed using the installation CD or by downloading it.
- After downloading the driver, find the .exe file in your Downloads folder and double-click it.
- The installer screen opens. Accept the terms of the installer and then click Next.
- You will now see a window stating ‘Installing 1 of 1: HP OfficeJet 5055 printer Basic Device Software.’
- Choose Network or USB connections for setting up the printer.
- The system will display a list of available networks if you have opted for the Wireless Connection type. Select your network and then click Next.
- Select the Yes on Turn On Device Sharing window and wait until the printer configuration completes.
- Tap OK on the printer’s control panel and then select Continue to proceed with the Setup process.
- Click Finish to end the setup.
- Try to print a test page to ensure the successful installation of the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer driver.
Setting Up HP 5055 Wireless Setup
You can connect the HP Envy 5055 printer to a wireless network using Wireless Setup Wizard, Auto Wireless Connect or WPS PIN/Push button method.
How to Connect the HP Envy 5055 Printer to a Wireless Network?
- Make sure the Envy 5055 printer is not connected to the computer.
- Connect your computer to the same network to which you want to connect the Envy 5055 printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon the printer’s control panel and then select Settings.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard. Wait while the printer searches and displays a list of available networks.
- Locate your network name, select it, and tap OK.
- Keep following the prompts displayed on the control panel screen until the setup is complete.
- If prompted, provide the WPA/WEP passphrase of your network.
- The next step towards the setup is the installation of the printer driver. You can either use the installation CD or download the driver.
- Make sure to select the Wireless connection type when prompted during installation.
- Respond appropriately to the prompts displayed on the screen to complete the setup.
Setting Up HP 5055 Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct, a feature supported on most HP wireless printers, lets you connect the printer and your device without the need for any settings or driver installation.
How to Connect the HP Envy 5055 Printer to Wi-Fi?
- Keep your network name and password ready.
- Turn on the Envy 5055 printer, router, and computer.
- Unplug any cord connecting the printer to your computer.
- Ensure that the driver for the printer is updated and the connection type is set to wireless.
- Select the Wireless icon on the control panel and then tap the Setup icon.
- Choose Wi-Fi Protected Setup and then select between the Push Button and PIN options.
- If you have chosen the Push Button method, go to your router immediately and press the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- The printer will automatically detect the network and configure the connection.
- If you have preferred the PIN method, tap Start on the printer’s control panel and wait until the printer displays a PIN.
- Type the PIN on the configuration settings on your router. The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer will detect and connect to the network.
How do I Connect HP Envy 5055 to the Computer?
- Turn on the Envy 5055 printer and wait until it is idle. Make sure the input tray contains enough paper.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive and run the setup files to install the driver.
- Insert the other end into the wall outlet. Peel off the sticker on the control panel.
- If the driver on the CD is outdated, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Driver Download button provided on the page.
- Run the .exe or .dmg file as per your operating system. Accept the terms and conditions of the installer and then select the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Choose the ‘USB’ connection type when prompted.
- Connect the computer and the HP Envy 5055 printer using a USB cable. The computer will now detect the printer and establish a connection with it.
Simple Steps for doing HP Envy 5055 ePrint Setup
HP ePrint is a cloud-based print service that lets you send print jobs to a web-enabled printer via email. Refer to the steps given below for using the ePrint service on your HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup.
- Power up your Envy 5055 printer and make sure it is connected to the Internet. Locate the HP ePrint icon on the control panel and tap it.
- Wait until the printer prints the information page. Find the printer’s email address on the page.
- Open your email account and then type the printer’s email address in the To field. Provide a suitable subject and attach a photo/document.
- Make sure the size of the attached file is not more than 10 MB. Click Send.
- The printer will receive the print job and print the document/photo.
- To print with the HP ePrint app, open the app on your mobile and select Settings. Touch the Activation option.
- Select the Activate using your email option and then tap Activate. You will receive a code in your email.
- Type the code in the app and select Activate again. Tap Files on the app. Select a document, preview it, and finally choose Print. Wait while the printer completes the print job.
Quick Steps for HP Envy 5055 AirPrint setup
AirPrint is one of the mobile printing services supported by the Envy 5055 printer. It can be used only on iOS devices running on version 4.2 later.
- Remove the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Power on the Envy 5055 printer and connect it to a wireless network.
- Connect your mobile to the same network.
- Choose a photo or document, and tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Print option, touch Select Printer, and select the Envy 5055 printer.
- To make changes to the print settings, tap Options.
- Choose the number of copies you want.
- Select the Print option and wait for the printer to print the document.
Procedure for HP Envy 5055 Cloud Print setup
Google Cloud Print is a technology using which you can access the printer from your network-enabled device over the Web.
- Turn on your Envy 5055 printer.
- Log into your Google account and then type ‘chrome://devices’ in the address bar.
- Select My Devices on the next window that opens. Click Register if the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer is listed.
- Return to the printer and complete the registration on the control panel.
- Install the Cloud Print application from Google Play Store on your Android.
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile and tap the Printing option. Enable Cloud Print.
- Now tap the Cloud Print icon and select the Envy 5055 printer from the menu.
- Finish the registration on the printer’s control panel.
How to Install an Ink Cartridge on HP Envy 5055 Printer?
The cartridges supported on the HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup are HP 65 Black, HP 65 XL Black, HP 65 Tri-color and HP 65XL tri-color ink cartridges. Use only third-party ink cartridges to avoid print quality issues.
How to Replace Ink Cartridges in HP Envy 5055 Printer?
- Turn on the Envy 5055 printer and wait until it becomes idle.
- Raise the access door using the handles provided on either side of the printer. Do not proceed until the carriage comes to a halt.
- Open the lid on the slot comprising the cartridge to be replaced.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge. Do not attempt to touch the copper-colored contacts or the nozzles of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the empty slot. Close the lid on the slot and then pull the access door down.
- Pull out the output tray and lift the extender. The 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer will now print the alignment page.
- Mount the page on the scanner glass and touch OK on the control panel. Once the printer aligns the cartridges, tap OK again. Try to print.
How to Change Ink on 123 HP Envy 5055 Printer?
- Switch on the printer and load plain papers in the main tray.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage remains idle and silent.
- Lift the cover on the ink cartridge slot and pull up the empty ink cartridge.
- Take the new ink cartridge from the package and hold it on the plastic sides.
- Clear off the plastic tape on the ink cartridge surface.
- Insert the new cartridge into the slot with the nozzles towards the printer.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and cartridge access door. Find the printer prints the Alignment page.
- Set the Alignment page on the scanner glass and tap OK to make printer align the ink cartridges.
How to Print on HP Envy 5055?
Place some blank sheets on the input tray and open the file that you need to print. From the file menu, choose the Print option and set up the print settings to print.
- Open the input tray and load a pile of blank sheets on it and then close it.
- Turn on the printer after connecting to a stable AC source using a power cord.
- Tap the control panel and locate the ink level option.
- Check and ensure the ink level on the cartridges. Replace the empty cartridges with a new one.
- Turn on your computer and router. Establish a fast internet connection from the router.
- Connect your printer and computer to the network.
- Open the file or photo that you need to print and tap the print option on the file menu.
- Do the needed print changes and confirm with OK option to print the file.
How to Scan on HP Envy 5055 Printer?
Place the file that you need to scan on the scanner glass and tap the Scan button to scan the file. The scanned file automatically saves in the network connected computer.
- Bridge your HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup to the power source using a power cord.
- Connect your printer and computer to the same network that has a high-speed internet connection.
- Download and install the Full driver package from the Manufacturer site.
- Open the scanner lid and place the file to be scanned on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid and tap the Scan button.
- Install the HP Scan application, if the Scan button is not available.
- Click Scan or Scan a Document to start the scan process.
- Find the thumbnail of the scan in the network connected computer.
- Do the needed the appearance changes in the Advanced Settings option.
- Choose the file name and destination folder to save the file on your computer.
Steps for HP Envy 5055 Fax Setup
Use the HP Envy 5055 fax machine to send documents to another fax machine. Use a traditional telephone service to send a fax from one machine to other.
- Use a telephone cord to connect the printer to the Phone wall jack.
- Use only the telephone cable that has two wire leads. It is better to use the telephone cord that came with the printer.
- Connect one end of the cable to the telephone wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack.
- Connect the telephone cord to the answering machine and printer, if you are available with an answering machine.
- Set up the necessary fax settings and preferences like fax header, answer mode, ring type, dial type, fax volume.
- Run a fax test and confirm that the fax setup is working properly. Tap the Run Fax test or Fax Test Report in the Setup menus to print the fax test report.
- Find the fax test result in the printed fax report.
- Place the file that you need to fax on the scanner glass or ADF and dial the receiver number and then tap the Send option to send the fax.
HP Envy 5055 Factory Reset
If your printer’s issue is not resolved after tried with troubleshooting, try to reset your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer settings to default.
How to Reset HP Envy 5055 Printer?
- Turn off the HP Envy 5055 printer setup.
- Remove the power cable from the electrical outlet and rear printer.
- Leave the printer to remain idle for at least 1 minute.
- Connect the power cable again to the alternating current source.
- Press and hold the resume key for at least 15 – 20 seconds.
- Find the Attention lights start to glow.
- Take off the hand from the Resume button and release it.
- Ensure that the Attention and Ready options light glows in a cycle that confirms the factory defaults restoration.
Updating Firmware for 123 HP Envy5055
Update your printer firmware to get the product enhancements and issue fixes. Update your HP Envy 5055 printer firmware on a regular basis to ensure the product enhancements and issue fixes.
- Turn the HP Envy 5055 printer to operating condition.
- Switch the router active and establish a high-speed internet connection.
- Connect to the Manufacturer site and search the firmware for your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer model.
- Tap the Download symbol and download the latest firmware to your computer.
- Locate the downloaded folder and run the HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup.exe file.
- Follow the instruction shown on the computer screen to sign up and accept the terms and conditions of the service.
- Complete the other installation steps.
- See if the serial number of your printer displays on the screen.
- Click the checkbox that found next to the serial number and tap the Update option.
- If you couldn’t find the serial number, wait for 20 seconds and tap Refresh and proceed with step 8.
Solutions for HP Envy 5055 Printer Problems
Due to improper connection, network configuration issues, installation of outdated driver software HP Envy 5055 printer may encounter some problems.
How to Fix Envy 5055 Printing Only Blank Pages Issue?
Sometimes the HP Envy 5055 printer may print blank pages because the ink cartridges may empty or the ink levels may be low. To resolve this blank page issue, follow the below-given resolutions:
- Go to Control Panel and find the Devices and Printer menu.
- Remove the list of all available printers under the Devices except your printer.
- Turn off the printer and plug the printer cord out from the power source.
- Leave the printer to remain idle for few minutes and reconnect to the power source.
- Turn it on and connect with an established network connection.
- Make sure that you have installed the updated printer drivers.
- Check the ink levels on the control panel.
- Refill the low ink cartridges or replace the empty cartridges with a new one.
How to Solve Envy 5055 Paper Jam Issue?
Due to loading used and wrinkled papers in the main tray, paper jam issue may occur. Clear off the papers stuck inside the printer and load new plain papers to the resolve paper jam issue.
- Turn off your printer and take off the power cord from the electrical socket.
- Remove the papers stuck inside the input tray.
- Clear off the torn papers in the cartridge area and on the roller.
- Take the help of a torch to check any torn papers on the paper pick roller.
- Make that there are no foreign objects or any unwanted things inside the printer.
- Pull the input tray and load a pile of new blank sheets.
- Adjust the paper guides slowly so that the papers may not bend or wrinkle.
- Move the input tray into the 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer slowly.
- Pull out the output tray extender to hold the printed output.
Fixing HP Envy 5055 Printer Offline Error
Due to network failure and improper configuration the printer offline issues may occur. The printer may not print and shows error message as Printer Offline or Offline.
Follow the below-given steps to resolve the printer offline issues:
- Power cycle your HP Envy 5055 printer.
- Turn on a network router and establish a robust network connection.
- Bridge your printer and computer to the same network connection.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software.
- Look into the Manufacturer site and download the latest version of driver software and firmware.
- Install the updated driver software and firmware on your computer.
- Search the Devices and Printer option in the Control panel.
- Search your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer in the list of available printers.
- Make your printer as the default printer.
- Start the HP Print and Scan Doctor to find the root cause of the problem and to resolve it.
- Reset your printer factory settings to default.
- Try to connect it again if still the issue persists.
What are the Ways to Resolve 5055 Envy Ink Cartridge Problem?
- Make sure that you bought an ink cartridge that is compatible with the HP Envy 5055 printer setup.
- Download the updated driver software and firmware from the manufacturer.
- Install the new versions of updated software and firmware on your computer.
- Make sure that ink cartridges are installed correctly and the color code on the ink cartridge matches with the color code on the slot.
- Set your HP Envy 5055 printer as the default printer.
- Click the Ink icon on the printer control panel and check the ink levels on the cartridges.
- Refill the low ink level cartridges using the refill kit.
- Replace the empty ink cartridge with a new one that is compatible with your 123.hp.com/envy5055 printer.
Set up HP Envy 5055 printer on a network connection that has a stable and fast internet connection. Connect your computer to the same network connection. Do not show any force while adjusting the paper guides. Use the ink cartridges that have full ink level. Only the compatible ink cartridges must be used. Do not use the outdated driver software. Make use of the updated driver software that is downloaded from the Manufacturer site. Use the troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue or try the HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and find the solution for your printer issues automatically.