How To Set Up HP Envy 7640 Printer
Unpack the printer
- Unpack the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer, remove all sealing tapes and packing materials from the printer surface, including unique paper designs on the printer control panel.
- Lift the scanner top, remove all tape and packing materials that kept for safety from the scanner glass, and then close the scanner top.
- Open the ink cartridge access lid, remove all tape and packing materials from inside the printer, and then close the lid.
- Pull the input tray to open, remove the output tray, and then remove all packing materials and tapes from the photo tray.
- Push the photo tray in, with the paper tray pulled out.
- Adjust the paper width guides, and then remove all packing materials and protective tapes from inside the input tray.
- Push the input tray inside the printer until it snaps into place.
- Plug the electric cord to the backside of the printer, and then plug the other end into an electrical socket or wall outlet.
- Push Power icon/button to turn on the printer.
- Choose your language, country/region, on the printer control panel and then tap Continue Install HP Envy 7640.
- Choose the month, day, and year, and then touch Continue.
- Set the time, and then touch Continue to complete the preferences settings.
- Pull the input tray outside the printer and push the photo tray in as far as possible.
- Move the paper width guides in the input tray to their far positions.
- Load a stack of paper into the input tray with the short edge facing the front of the printer.
- Push the paper stack inside until the paper stops, and then gently move paper width guides towards the paper stack until they lightly rest against the length of the paper.
- Push in the input tray until it locks into place.
Ink cartridges installation
- Open the cartridge access door. Unpack one of the cartridges from its package. Be cautious to touch only on the black plastic sides on the cartridge.
- Clear off the protective tape from the ink cartridge. Insert the new cartridge at a slight upward angle into the slot, and then slowly push up on the cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Place the tri-color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Follow the foresaid above steps again to Install HP Envy 7640 to the other cartridge.
- Close the cartridge access door. Wait until the printer starts to calibrate and aligns the ink cartridges. Once the alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.
Print software Installation
- Set your 123.hp.com/envy7640v printer on a network connection that has fast internet access.
- Download the driver file from the download link provided on our website and install it on your computer. Try to print using your printer.
HP Envy 7640 driver and manual download
Download HP Envy 7640 Driver For Mac
To convert the file format stored in your computer in a way the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer can understand and print, you have to download a driver file and install it on your Mac.
Download HP Envy 7640 Driver For Windows
Connect to the Manufacturer site. Enter your printer name in the search box and find the full feature driver package. Click the download button to download. Or else, click the Download button below to download it right now.
Download HP Envy 7640 Manual
User manual or User Guide is nothing but a document that helps us to understand the printer setup, driver installation and problem resolving steps. Click the Manual download button to download the User Manual.
Install Driver For HP Envy 7640
- Turn on your printer and connect to the 123.hp.com/envy7640 wireless network by following the above-said methods.
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network connection.
- If the USB cable is already connected, disconnect it.
- Download the full feature driver file from our website using the download link.
- Once the download completes, open the .dmg file from the downloads folder or the browser download path.
- Run the Setup.exe file and begin the installation process.
- Install the recommended software that comes with the full feature driver package.
- Agree with the terms of the Install HP Envy 7640 program and then follow and complete the instructions.
- If the software requests to select the printer connection type, select the appropriate connection type and click Continue or Next.
- Complete the installation and try printing using your HP product.
How To Replace or Install Ink Cartridge On HP Envy 7640?
- Before you start to replace the ink cartridges, load paper into the input tray to print the alignment page.
- Turn on the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer.
- Place two fingers under both of the small handles on the sides of the ink cartridge access door and then lift it to open the ink cartridge access door.
- Slightly press the low or empty ink cartridge down to release it from the slot.
- To replace the tri-color ink cartridge, take out the ink cartridge from the left slot.
- To replace the black ink cartridge, take out the ink cartridge from the right slot.
- Remove the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Unpack the ink cartridge from its package. Be aware of holding only the black plastic sides on the ink cartridge. Pull away the orange tab to clear off the protective tape from the ink cartridge.
- Fix the new ink cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then slowly push on the ink cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Slide the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and Install HP Envy 7640 black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- Do these steps again to install the other ink cartridge, if necessary.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and touch OK.
- Wait until the printer begins calibration and aligns the ink cartridges.
- The HP printer starts to print an alignment page if the printer alignment is completed.
How To Print Photos On HP Envy 7640?
- Turn the HP Envy 7640 printer active if it is on sleep mode.
- Pull the photo tray toward you as far as possible from inside the inside the input tray to open it.
- Move the width guides to their outermost extreme positions.
- Place the photo paper into the photo tray with the short edge facing forward and the print side facing down.
- Slide the paper slowly inside the photo tray until it stops.
- Slide the paper width guides towards the photo paper stack until they lightly rest against the edges of the photo paper.
- Ascertain that the photo paper is centered in the tray.
- Install HP Envy 7640 output tray again on the input tray, if you removed it.
- Push in the input tray to the printer until it snaps into place.
- Open the photo that you need to print, click the print option from the File menu.
- Select Photo Tray feed, paper type, paper size, and other necessary print settings.
- Choose your printer and then click Print.
How To Print Envelopes On HP Envy 7640
- Hold the handle on the front of Tray 1, then pull the tray outwards to remove it.
- Slide the width guides to their extreme outermost position.
- Pull the tray extension out to lengthen the tray, if you are loading larger-sized envelopes.
- Place the envelopes on the center of the tray with the envelope facing up and flap on the left.
- Position the envelope in the center of the tray with the flap toward the printer and facing up, if the flutter is on the short end of the envelope.
- Slide the paper width guiders against the edges of the envelope to rest on it.
- Check and confirm that the envelope is centered in the tray.
- Push in the tray to the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer until it locks into place.
- Pull the tray extender out from the output tray, then lift the paper catcher.
- Do not load envelopes with windows, clasps, coated linings, or shiny surfaces.
- Open the file that you need to print on the envelope and click the File menu.
- Select the envelope size, landscape orientation and then use the formatting tools to align and center the text. Save all your changes and click Print.
HP envy 7640 Scan setup
How To Scan On HP Envy 7640
- Turn on the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Establish a network connection from the network router.
- Connect your computer and 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer to the same network connection.
- Load the picture or document on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Place the thing you want to scan with the printed side down on the scanner platen, and then place it in accordance with the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
Automatic Document Feeder (ADF):
- Place the thing into the document feeder tray with the print side faces up and the top short edge goes into the tray first. Slide the width guides to fit the thing.
- Touch the Scan button/icon on the control panel.
- Click the Scan button on the printer to start to Install HP Envy 7640 scan process.
- Find the thumbnail of the scanned file on your computer and choose the file name and format and then the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
Scanning Double-Sided Documents On HP Envy 7640
- The 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer does not have any option for the duplex scan. Hence you need to scan two-sided with HP Scan manually.
How To Copy On HP Envy 7640?
- Place the original document on the scanner platen with the print side facing down on the right front corner. Touch Copy on your printer’s control panel home screen.
- Choose the number of copies and other settings on the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer control panel.
- Tap the Settings menu to allocate the paper size, paper type, quality, and other copy settings.
- Tap the Back or Return symbol to back to the Copy screen.
- Tap Black or Color option to begin Copying. If you want to scan an original two-sided document, scan the next side manually by following the above steps.
How To Reset HP Envy 7640 Printer?
- Turn on the HP Envy 7640 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Unplug the electric cable from the rear of the printer, with the product turned on.
- Remove the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Reinsert the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the cord back to the rear of the HP Envy 7640 Printer.
How To Fax On HP Envy 7640?
- Use a telephone cable to connect your printer to a landline telephone service.
- Connect one end of the cord into the phone wall outlet and the other to the 1-LINE plug at the printer backside to Install HP Envy 7640.
- If an answering machine is available, then use it to record voice calls without recording the unwanted noises from faxes.
- Connect another phone cord between the answering machine and the 2-EXT socket at the rear printer.
- Swipe and locate the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your necessary fax preferences and settings.
- Locate and touch the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu to print a test report.
- Check the fax results and some instructions to sort out the fax setup issues.
- Place the item you want to fax on the scanner tile or in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and then load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Enter the receiver fax number on the printer control panel and then click the Black Color Send button to send the fax message.
- Check if the 123.hp.com/envy7640 printer prints the fax report. Check if the fax sent successfully, or if an error occurred from the printed fax test report.