Complete HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup
To set up your HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup for the first time, take out the printer from the printer container box. Clear all the packing materials and tapes from the printer. Connect the printer electric cord to the wall outlet. Load paper into the printer and install the ink cartridges. Download and install the print driver software.
- Open the 123.hp.com/setup 2600 container and take out the printer.
- Remove the packing materials from the printer surface, input tray, and cartridge access area.
- Remove the protective tapes and film from the control panel.
- Connect the printer power cord to a stable power source.
- Press the Power button and turn on the HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup.
- Set your necessary settings and preferences on the control panel.
- Lower the output tray, and install the new ink cartridges into the cartridge access area, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Load a new pile of blank paper into the main tray.
- Connect your printer to a network connection.
- Download and install the updated printer software that suits your printer model.
123 HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless Setup for Mac & Windows
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless Network for Windows OS?
Switch on your computer and the network router, and set up the printer. Make sure that the network router is using a DSL cable or broadband connection to use the internet. Ensure the internet connection has high-speed access.
- To connect your printer on a wireless network, you need the following items:
- A computer linked to your wireless network.
- Broadband Internet access, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Check and confirm the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network.
- Load a pile of sheets into the input tray, and place the ink cartridges into the respective slots.
- Place your HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- If the computer and printer are placed farther to the network router, the network signal might be weak or may fail.
- Remove the USB cables from the printer if connected previously.
- Browse the manufacturer’s site and then select Download to download and use HP Easy Start.
- Open the HP Easy Start application and if any alert message appears to select your printer, choose My Printer Is Not Shown.
- Now a 123.hp.com/setup 2600 Printer Not Found window appears. Tap Continue and then choose Wireless network. Click the Continue choice, and then go with the on-screen information to complete the wireless setup.
How to Setup HP Deskjet 2600 Wireless Network for Mac OS?
- Check and confirm that the computer, printer, and router devices are turned on. Establish a network connection on your router, and connect your printer and computer to the same network.
- Place a stack of sheets in the input tray, and install the ink cartridges into the respective slots. Position your printer close to the Mac computer and within range of the router while setting up a wireless network.
- Unplug the USB cables from the 123.hp.com/setup 2600 printer if already connected. Press and hold the Wireless button or icon on the control panel and the Cancel button at the same time for at least 3 seconds, if the wireless light is not blinking.
- The wireless light starts to blink. Do these steps again if the wireless light does not flash. Continue to install the software. You have two hours to complete the software setup using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature.
- Open the HP Easy Start application after the software download completes. Click on Set Up My HP Product. Accept with the terms and conditions and then click Continue on the prepare screen. Select your HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup name on the connect screen and then click Continue.
- Choose the Join option if the network name is correct. If it is not correct, click the Network Name, and choose the network from the drop-down list, and then click the Join option. Now, the computer may be disconnected from the wireless network while the connection is set up.
- When HP Easy Start application prompts access to the selected wireless network chain on the Mac, choose Allow. This allows HP Easy Start to get the password for the wireless network and use it to link the printer to the network.
- If you select Deny, HP Easy Start asks you to enter the password manually. If HP Easy Start cannot find the password for the wireless network, the installer asks you to enter the password manually.
- Once the network password is accepted, HP Easy Start connects the printer to the network. If any check mark displays, click Continue. Check and respond to each of the setup screen messages and wait for the Install screen to appear.
- Choose HP Essential Software, HP Easy Scan, or any additional software you want to install on the printer, and then click Install.
- After the selected software installation completes, click Continue. Read and answer back to each of the setup screens until the Enable Printing screen appears. Tap the Add Printer option to create a print queue.
- On the Add window, select HP Officejet 2600 printer with the term Bonjour listed under Kind, select the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.
- Click the Add option to add the printer to the list. Click Print Test Page to confirm the HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Setup was set up correctly. After the test page prints, click Continue. Now you try to print, copy, or scan.