How to Perform HP Deskjet 2600 Scan?
The printer can perform scanning at a resolution of 1200×1200 dpi. The scanning can be performed from the Windows or Mac OS using the HP software. Modify the scan settings as per your HP Deskjet 2600 Scan job using the advanced settings menu on the software. Refer to the steps given below to perform scanning using the HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Scan software.
How to Scan from HP DJ 2600?
- Power on your printer and wait until it is in the ready state.
- Raise the scanner lid, and place your original on the Scanner glass.
- Click Start and choose HP from the app list if your computer runs on Windows 10. Select the printer’s name. If you have a Windows 8.1 OS, refer to the next step.
- Click the arrow in the lower-left corner of the printer. Select the printer name.
- If you have a Windows 7, Windows Vista, Window XP OS, click the Start menu and click select All Programs.
- Open the HP folder and then select the printer’ s name.
- Select the Scan option and click Scan a Document or Photo.
- Click Scan after selecting a scan job type.
- Wait until the printer scans the document to the computer.
How to do HP Deskjet 2600 Scan to Computer Function?
- Check if you have installed a full feature printer software including the HP Scan software.
- Power up the printer and wait until it is idle.
- Raise the scanner. Mount the original document with the printed side down on the scanner glass and lower the lid.
- Search for HP on your Windows and select the printer’s name. This opens the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Open the HP Scan window by selecting the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Preview the scan and make necessary changes.
- Specify the destination for saving the scanning data.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Why HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Scan Series not found when Scanning?
- If you have connected the computer and printer using a USB cable, remove the USB cable from the printer’s rear.
- Click the Start menu and then open the Programs and Features window.
- Go through the list of installed programs on your computer, and select the HP Deskjet 2600 printer.
- Select Uninstall and follow the prompts until the printer is removed.
- After the printer has been uninstalled, exit the Programs and Features window.
- Click the Start menu and search for Devices.
- Locate and click the Devices and Printers option to open the window.
- Find the HP Deskjet 2600 printer, right-click it, and then select Delete.
- Click the Print Server Properties in the Printers list and select the Drivers tab.
- Find the driver for your printer and click Remove.
- Choose the Remove Driver Only tab and select OK.
- When the Print Server Properties window opens, click Apply and then select OK. Exit the HP Deskjet 2600 Printer Scan Devices and Printers window.
- Open the Run dialog box on your computer, and type %temp% in the Open: field, and click OK.
- Once the Temp folder opens, press the Ctrl+A keys to select the entire folder and hit Delete.
- Close the Temp folder, and remove the deleted items from the recycle bin as well.
- Now reinstall the HP Deskjet 2600 Scan driver, and connect the printer to the computer when prompted by the installer. Try to scan.