Instructions for HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting
Some of the printer issues are caused because of network configuration failure, unstable power connection, improper ink cartridges installation, and paper jams or feed issues. These issues can be resolved by trying out some simple HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting steps.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 Printer Offline?
- Make sure the power connection is stable.
- Make sure the computer and HP Deskjet 2130 printer are connected to the same network.
- Choose another Internet Service Provider (ISP), if the router’s network connection is not good.
- Install the updated print driver software and upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor Software and install it on your computer to automatically detect and resolve the issues. Try HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting the wireless network connection.
- Set the HP Deskjet 2130 printer as your default printer.
- If still the offline issue is not resolved, try resetting your printing mechanism.
- Service your printer in an authorized service center, if the issue persists even after trying out all the above steps.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 Won’t Print?
- Check and ensure that the HP Printer is turned on and it is operating condition.
- Make sure that the router connection is enabled and printing devices are connected to the network.
- Ensure that the router network has high-speed internet access.
- Check and ensure the ink levels in the cartridges.
- Load enough paper into the main paper tray.
- Look for any HP Deskjet 2130 Printer Problems on the printer control panel.
- Clear the errors before you proceed to print the job if found.
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor to detect and resolve the issue automatically.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 not Printing Color?
- Connect your printer and computer to a network connection and install the updated version of driver software.
- Upgrade the printer firmware to the latest version.
- Use only genuine HP ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer model.
- Inspect for any ink smears at the back of the printout.
- Check and ensure the print settings.
- Check the estimated ink levels before you start to print. If found any empty or low ink cartridges, replace it with new ink cartridges.
- Place the alignment ink cartridges on the platen to align the ink cartridges.
- Print the quality and inspect the color blocks for defects.
- If the quality is bad, clean the ink cartridges until the print quality is acceptable.
- If the issue is not rectified, replace the ink cartridge with a new one or do HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 not Printing Black?
- Uninstall the old driver software and reinstall the updated version of driver software.
- Download and install the updated firmware.
- Load papers of similar size and install the ink cartridges properly.
- Check the ink levels and replace the low ink or empty cartridges.
- Wait until the printer prints the alignment page and place the alignment page on the scanner glass to start aligning the ink cartridges.
- Look for any ink smears on the back of the printer.
- Print the quality diagnostic page to examine the print quality.
- If the print quality is OK, then try printing on your printer.
- Clean the printhead and ink cartridges up to three or four times until the print quality is good.
- If the HP Deskjet 2130 Printer Problems is not rectified, try to replace the problem ink cartridges or service your HP Product in an authorized service center.
Clean Printhead on HP 2130
- Load new, U.S. Letter or A4 size, blank white paper into the main tray.
- Turn the printer to active by pressing the power button.
- Search Print in the start menu from the list of installed programs and then click Print & Scan in the list of search results.
- Select HP Deskjet 2130, and then select Open Print Queue.
- Click Settings -> Utility -> Open Printer Utility.
- Select the Clean Printheads option to start the automatic HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting cleaning process.
- Click Print if the cleaning process completes.
- Find the printed test page on the output tray.
- Examine the printed test page.
- Click Done if the output quality is acceptable and then try printing.
- If the quality is worst, proceed with Second-level Cleaning.
- Continue the cleaning process up to three or four times, until the print quality is excellent.
Clearing HP Deskjet 2130 Paper Jam
- Switch on the HP Deskjet 2130 printer, remove the power cord from the rear of the printer, and also from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for at least one or two minutes and then connect the cord to the printer and power outlet. Switch the printer on manually.
- Ensure the issue is resolved or not. If the HP Deskjet 2130 Printer Problems persists, use a flashlight to check and remove paper jams inside the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Clear the jammed papers in the ink cartridge access area, if found.
- Ascertain that the carriage moves freely. Clear any torn paper or other foreign materials found.
- If the issue persists, clean the paper feed rollers manually.
- Take a clean cloth, dip it in water and then squeeze it. Clean the paper feed rollers using the fabric.
- If the error is still there, service the HP printer from an authorized service center for HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting.
Clearing HP Deskjet 2130 Scan Error
When you try scanning, the computer or the scanner is not found, or the scan fails. If the control displays error message as, An error occurred communicating with the scanning device, Computer not found, Scanner not found try out the below steps to resolve the scanning issues.
- Check if the printer and computer connected to the same network connection.
- Make sure you have installed the full feature driver package.
- Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor to examine and resolve the printer hardware and network connection issues automatically.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor application and select the Fix Scanning option.
- Follow the instructions appears on display to resolve the scanning issues.
- Uninstall the currently installed driver software, if full feature driver package is not installed.
- Inspect the Windows Image Acquisition settings and then try to scan.
- If the issue still there, try to the network connection settings or service your HP printer.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 Light Blinking?
- While printing, the printer stops feeding pages, and the Resume light blinks continuously which indicates that paper jammed inside the printer.
- Clear the jammed papers inside the input and output tray.
- Clear the paper jams inside the ink cartridge access area.
- Open the base of the printer and remove the paper jams underneath the printer.
- Check if the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer.
- Clean the rollers that feed paper using the automated tools.
- Clean the ink smears using an automated tool option.
- Even if the automatic cleaning is done, there are possibilities for the presence of foreign objects in the paper feed rollers.
- Use a flashlight to clean the paper feed rollers.
- Try resetting the printing mechanism to default factory settings.
- If the HP Deskjet 2130 Printer Problems is not resolved, service your Printer.
Why HP Deskjet 2130 USB not Recognized?
- Turn on your HP Deskjet 2130 printer if it is not turned on already after connecting to powerful AC source.
- Check if the computer is active.
- Turn on the network connection and connect your computer and printer to the network connection.
- Make sure that the length of the USB cable is less than 3 meter.
- Do not connect the USB cable through a hub or docking station that may not supply enough power to operate the printer.
- Remove the protective cover inside USB port on your computer.
- Unplug the USB cable, if connected before the driver installation.
- Ensure the network connection and then download the full feature driver software from the Manufacturer site.
- Run the driver file and agree with the instructions shown on the screen for HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting.
- Select the mode of network connection and plug the USB cable only when it is prompted during the installation.
How to Check Ink Levels on HP DJ 2130?
- Check the ink levels on the cartridges before you start to print. When the ink cartridge is low, the print quality may be reduced, the print may be blank. Follow the below steps to check ink levels:
- To check ink levels directly from the printer control panel, click the ink drop or cartridge icon or an Ink levels menu.
- To view the estimated ink levels through the HP Smart app, install the HP Smart app and add your HP Deskjet 2130 Troubleshooting to the app. Now the ink levels can be directly viewed on the screen.