HP Deskjet 2132 troubleshooting
Some of the common printer issues and the solution for resolving them have been discussed in the following sections using HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting. Follow these steps in sequence to quickly fix your HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Issues.
HP Deskjet 2132 printer offline
- Switch off the Deskjet 2132 printer, and plug out the USB cable from it.
- Examine the cable, and replace it is if damaged or worn out.
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer (Windows only). Open the software, click Start and select the printer’s name.
- Follow the prompts of the software to fix the HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Issues.
- Check if the printer is set as the default printing source.
- Try updating the printer firmware. Download the update from the manufacturer’s website.
- If the printer continues to remain offline, reinstall the software. You can use the Driver Download link to download the most recent driver for your printer.
- If the issue persists, power on the printer and turn it off. Disconnect the power cord from the rear port of the printer.
- Connect the power cord back to the printer after at least 10 seconds.
- Restart the computer, and try to print.
HP Deskjet 2132 won’t print
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Click the Fix Printing option, and follow the on-screen HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting prompts.
- Try to print. If the issue persists, proceed with following steps.
- Check if you have installed genuine ink cartridges. Make sure the cartridges are properly seated.
- Check the ink levels and replace the cartridges that are critically low on ink. Make sure the contacts and the area around the nozzles of the cartridges are clean.
- Ensure that the print media is compatible with the printer. Remove the sheets that are wrinkled, curled or damaged to clear Issues.
- Open a document and then select Print Preferences (for Windows) or Print (for Mac) from the application.
- Modify the print settings according to your print job. Click OK to apply the changes, and select Print.
- If the printer does not print the document, service the printer.
HP Deskjet 2132 won’t copy
- Try resetting the printer. Remove the power cord from the printer with the printer turned on.
- Remove the cord from the electrical outlet as well. Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer. The printer should power up on its own. If it fails to do so, turn it on manually.
- Try to make a copy of your document. If the issue persists, Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor Tool.
- Select the Fix Scanning option from the Finding and Fixing Problems screen. Follow the on-screen prompts to HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting the problem.
- Check if the scanner bar is functioning properly. Slightly raise the scanner cover, and press the Start Copy Black button.
- If the scanner light does not move, try reinstalling the printer driver.
- Send your printer to the manufacturer for a service, if all the above steps did not help.
HP Deskjet 2132 not printing color
- Make sure you are using genuine ink cartridges. Load enough paper into the input tray.
- Check the ink level in the color cartridge, and replace it if the level of ink is very low.
- Hold the Power button on the printer’s control panel, and simultaneously press the Cancel button thrice, Start Copy Color button eight times. Release the Power button.
- The printer will print a blank test page. Remove the paper, and try to print a document.
- If the issue persists, check the print job settings. Make sure the Grayscale option is not marked. Open the HP Printer Assistant window, and select Maintain your HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Issues.
- Select the Print Diagnostic Information option under the Device Reports section. If you are a Mac user, open the Printer Utility from the System Preferences window, and select Print Quality Diagnostic.
- Examine the sheet. If the color ink blocks are missing or faded, clean the contacts and the area around the nozzles of the cartridge.Wipe the electrical contacts inside the printer and try to print.
HP Deskjet 2132 not printing black
- Check if the cartridges are properly installed.
- Replace the black cartridge if the ink level is low or empty.
- Check the print settings from your computer. Select the Grayscale option, and try to print.
- If the issue persists, print a quality diagnostic page and examine it. If the Black block is completely missing, replace the cartridge.
- Make sure the area around the nozzle and the electrical contacts are clean. Check if there is any block in the nozzle and clear it.
- Reach the cartridge access area and clean the electrical contacts in the slots. If the issue persists, service the printer.
Clean printhead HP Deskjet 2132
- Search your Windows for HP and select the printer’s name.
- The HP Printer Assistant window that opens.
- Click the Maintain your Printer option.
- Select the Device Services tab and then click the Clean ink cartridges option.
- Wait until the cleaning cycle completes, and click the Print option.
- The test page prints.
- Examine the page. If the quality is unacceptable, perform the second-level of cleaning or HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting.
- Try printing a document.
HP Deskjet 2132 light blinking
- Resume and Ink Alert lights: If these lights are blinking, check for any jammed paper inside the printer and clear them.
- Remove and reinsert the cartridges.
- Reset the printer and try to print.
- Power light is blinking: Check if the cartridge access door is closed completely.
- Ink Alert lights are blinking: Remove the cartridges and do HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting by reseat them.
- Try cleaning the electrical contacts of the nozzle and the printer.
- Resume. Power and Ink Alert lights are blinking: Disconnect the printer and computer.
- Reset the printer. Do not use a surge protector to connect the printer to the electrical outlet.
HP Deskjet 2132 paper jam
- Turn the printer off and plug out the power cord.
- Reconnect the cord and power on the printer on.
- Lower the input tray and clear any jammed paper.
- Check for any jammed paper in the input tray, output tray and the access to area, and remove them.
- Check and remove any torn paper bits or objects hindering the movement of the carriage.
- Turn the printer to access its rear side. Find the tabs on either side of the cleanout door and pull them.
- Clear any jammed paper bits from inside the printer. Check the inner rollers and remove any paper pieces stuck in it.
- Push the cleanout door until it locks into place. Check if the HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Issues is resolved.
HP Deskjet 2132 paper not feeding
- Plug out the power cable from the printer and wall outlet. Reconnect the cord after some time, and turn the printer on.
- Print a self-test report. If the printer doesn’t print the report, carry out the steps below.
- Remove the paper from the tray, clear any obstructions in the tray.
- Reload the paper properly and try to print.
- Clean the paper rollers.
- Print a self-test report. If the issue persists, follow the instructions provided below.
- Modify the paper settings in the print driver.
- Service the printer.
How to check ink levels on HP Deskjet 2132?
- Install the HP Smart application on your Windows 10 operating system.
- Add the HP printer. The ink level in the cartridges can be viewed on the application’s home screen.
- Alternately, the HP Scan and Doctor application can also be used to know the ink level. Click Start and select the HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting’s name.
- Click the Printer option in the menu bar.
- Select Supply levels to view the level of inks.
- To view the ink level from the printer’s software, search for HP on your Windows OS.
- click the printer’s name to open the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Click the ‘Estimated Ink Levels’ icon in the top menu bar.
HP Deskjet 2132 USB not recognized
- Connect the printer directly to the electrical outlet and not to any surge protector.
- Click All Programs and then open the HP folder. Select the Deskjet 2132 printer and uninstall it.
- Now open the Devices and Printers folder, and delete to fix HP Deskjet 2132 Printer Issues.
- Delete all the printer-related files and folder.
- Open the Print Server Properties window and select Drivers tab.
- Reinstall the printer driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- If the issue persists, try connecting the USB cable to a different port on the computer.
- Remove other USB devices from the printer that are not currently in use.
- Try to print. Send the printer for a service or do HP Deskjet 2132 Troubleshooting.