Solve Using HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting is a well-ordered approach that can find out printer issues and find a solution to them automatically. If your HP Officejet 4630 printer stuck with any problems, try running the troubleshooting tool to resolve the issues. The tool analyses the printer issue in in-depth and examines the root cause for the HP Officejet 4630 Printer Problems. Finally, it deals with the issue and rectifies it.
Why Is My HP Officejet 4630 Printer Offline
- Assure that your HP Officejet 4630 printer is not in sleep mode and it is in operating condition.
- Load adequate paper into the main tray and install the ink cartridges properly into the respective slots.
- Check and ensure that the router’s connection is active and the printer linked to it.
- Do not use the outdated driver software or firmware. Uninstall and delete the obsolete driver software and files related to it using HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting.
- Reset the printer and power cycle your printer.
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer and run it to resolve the printer Problems.
- Try troubleshooting the network connection.
How To Solve the HP Officejet 4630 Scanner Problem
- Load the photo properly on the scanner platen or in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Download and install the full feature driver package on your computer.
- Upgrade the printer firmware to the most recent version.
- Download and run the HP Print and scan doctor that is developed to resolve the hardware and software HP Officejet 4630 Printer Problems. Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and press Fix Scanning.
- If found any issues, the software application rectifies it on its own.
- Inspect Windows Image Acquisition settings and ensure it is running correctly.
- Check the network connection and provide a proper network connection to get a good output.
- Reset the printer to default factory settings.
How To Solve HP Officejet 4630 Error Message (OXC4EB827F and 0XC4EB827K)
- Reset the printer by proceeding with the following steps to get rid of the above error codes.
- Without turning off the HP Officejet 4630 printer, disengage the USB cable from the back of the printer.
- Take out the installed ink cartridges from the printer.
- Stay back until a message to insert the ink cartridges appears.
- If the message is not displayed within a few minutes, disconnect the power wire and wait for few minutes.
- Connect the power wire back into the wall outlet and turn on the printer, if it does not turn on automatically.
- Insert the ink cartridges into the slot again, and then shut any doors opened on the printer.
- Now the printer prompts to print the calibration page, do so and then try to print.
How To Solve HP Officejet 4630 Printhead Problem
- Open the cartridge door and then take away the previously installed ink cartridges.
- Take out the new printhead and setup ink cartridges from the package.
- Hold the printhead on its black plastic sides.
- Insert the new printhead slowly into the carriage and lower the latch until it snaps in its place for HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting.
- Match the color dots on the slot with the letter on the ink cartridge.
- Gently push in the cartridge into the slot, if an ink cartridge is sticking outside.
- The printer starts initialization, and it makes heavy noise. When the alignment completes, the printer begins to print the alignment page.
Why Is My HP Officejet 4630 Printer Not Printing Black Ink ?
- Use genuine, compatible HP ink cartridges.
- Install the ink cartridges in their respective slot. Match the color letter on the cartridge with the color dot on the slot while installing the cartridge.
- Inspect the estimated ink levels before you start to print.
- Change the low or empty ink cartridges from the slot with a new ink cartridge.
- After the installation of ink cartridges, the printer starts to align the ink cartridges automatically and prints an alignment page.
- Place the alignment report on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down and then set it according to the engraved guides around the platen.
- Lower the top of the scanner and press the Start Copy Color button on the printer control panel. Wait until the printer aligns the cartridges.
- If still the problem is not rectified, try to clean the ink cartridges and print the print quality diagnostic page.
- If the print quality is excellent, then proceed to print further. If the print quality is terrible, then move on to the next level of cleaning.
- Try to clean up to three or four times to resolve the issue and if the problem continues even after trying out all the above steps, try to replace the ink cartridges or service your HP product.
Why Won t My HP Officejet 4630 Printer Print
- Unplug the USB wire from the printer, if already connected.
- Open Control panel -> Programs and feature -> Uninstall all the HP Officejet printer entries.
- Go to Control panel -> Devices and printer -> Remove all the printer from the device.
- Power cycle your computer.
- Click the Start menu on the desktop, search device manager.
- Open Device Manager and select the view tab in the top and then click Show hidden devices.
- Check the entries under Printer. If found any listings, right-click and Uninstall and also confirm the “Delete the driver software for this device” prompt with Yes option.
- Check the entries under “printer queue” and “imaging devices” and delete the printer devices.
- Remove any printer or another device that says Unknown device.
- Close device-manger.
- Open the “Run” window and enter “printui.exe /s” (leave space between .exe & /) and press Enter.
- Locate Print Server Properties and then go to drivers and delete if any entry present.
- Back to run window and type“c:/programdata”
- Navigate to Hewlett Packard or HP folder, delete any printer related folders & files.
- Open the Run window once again and type“%temp%” and press enter to find the temporary files.
- Remove all the files present. Leave the files or folders which cannot be deleted.
- Power cycle your computer again.
- Open the Run window again, type “ services.msc” and press OK to open the services window.
- Scroll to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” and then right-click to find properties. Assure the window is opened and check if the startup type is“Automatic.”
- Scroll and locate“ Function Discovery Provider Host” right-click and select HP Officejet 4630 Troubleshooting properties. Alter the startup type to “manual” and then start the service.
- Plug the USB cord when the screen prompted to connect.