Get Exclusive HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting Steps
HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting is a systematical approach that can detect printer issues and resolve them automatically. If your HP Officejet 5740 printer encountered with any problems, try running the troubleshooting tool. The tool analyses the problems in deep and finds out the root cause for the issue and then it resolves the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Issues on its own.
Why Is My HP Officejet 5740 Printer Offline?
- Ensure that your printer is active.
- Ensure that enough paper is loaded to complete the print job.
- Assure that the router’s internet connection is enabled and the printer has connected to it.
- Update the printer driver software to the most recent version.
- Upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
- If the problem is not resolved, reset the printing mechanism and power cycle your printer to get resolved of the issue.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor application that is specially developed to rectify the printer offline issue.
How To Solve the HP Officejet 5740 Scan Issue
- Check and assure the photo or document is loaded correctly on the scanner platen or in the Automatic Document Feeder. Download and install the recent version of the full feature driver package.
- Upgrade the printer firmware to latest version.
- Download and run the HP Print and scan doctor that is developed to resolve the hardware and software issues. Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor application, locate and click Fix Scanning.
- Print and Scan doctor test your scanner and check for any issues on your printer.
- If found any HP Officejet 5740 Printer Issues, the application rectifies it on its own.
- Examine Windows Image Acquisition settings and ensure it is running correctly.
- Examine the network connection and imply a proper network connection to get a good output.
- Reset the printing mechanism to default factory settings.
Solution For HP Officejet 5740 Paper Jam Issue
- Switch the HP Officejet pro 6800 printer to active condition and then unplug the power wire from the rear of the printer. Plug out the cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least one or two minutes and then reconnect the wire to the printer.
- Turn on the printer manually if it fails to power up automatically. Check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem persists, use a flashlight to check and clear jammed paper inside the printer.
- Raise the cartridge access doorway and wait for the carriage to come to rest and then remove any jammed paper in the access area.
- Check and ensure that the carriage can move freely across the width. Remove any torn paper pieces or other objects obstructing the carriage movement.
- If the issue persists, try cleaning the paper feed rollers.
- Take a clean fabric, dip in water and then squeeze it. Use the dampened cloth to clean the paper feed rollers.
- Rotate the paper feed rollers and wipe off dust buildup. Pull the access door down once the rollers are dry.
- If the printer throws the error even after trying out all the above resolving steps, contact your printer manufacturer and service your printer.
How To Solve HP Officejet 5740 Series – Error 0x8024200b
Why Is My HP Officejet 5740 Scan But Not Printing
- Disconnect the USB cord from the printer, if already connected.
- Go to Control panel > Programs and feature > Uninstall all the HP Officejet printer entries.
- Go to Control panel > Devices and printer > Remove all the printer from the device.
- Power cycle your computer. Click the Start menu on the desktop, search device manager.
- Open Device Manager and select the view tab in the top and then click Show hidden devices.
- Check the entries under Printer. If found any listings, right-click and Uninstall and also confirm the “Delete the driver software for this device” prompt with Yes option.
- Check the entries under “printer queue” and “imaging devices” and delete the printer devices.
- Remove any printer or another device that says Unknown device. Close device-manger.
- Open the “Run” window and enter “printui.exe /s” (leave space between .exe & /) and press Enter.
- Locate Print Server Properties and then go to drivers and delete if any entry present.
- Back to run window and type“c:/programdata”.
- Navigate to Hewlett Packard or HP folder, delete any printer related folders & files.
- Open the Run window once again and type“%temp%” and press enter to find the temporary files.
- Remove all the files present. Leave the files or folders which cannot be deleted.
- Power cycle your computer again.
- Open the Run window again, type “ services.msc” and press OK to open the services window.
- Scroll to“Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” and then right-click to find properties. Assure the window is opened and check if the startup type is“Automatic”
- Scroll and locate“ Function Discovery Provider Host” right-click and select properties. Alter the startup type to “manual” and then start the service.
- Plug the USB cord when the HP Officejet 5740 Troubleshooting screen prompted to connect.