Follow HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting Methods
Any electronic gadgets will throw error some point of time.Similarly, there can be specific issues that can occur with the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting. The most common errors can be easily solved by restarting the printer. You can use tools and troubleshoot the printer. The diagnosing report will display you possible solutions. By following the guidelines on the screen, you can overcome the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Issues.
why is my HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer offline
- If the status of the printer is Offline then, you cannot print.
- You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to check the printer status.
- Go online and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- From the download location, locate the HPPSdr.exe file and run the same.
- The welcome screen of the application window will have a Start button, click on it and select your printer from the list.
- Click Retry, if you cannot find the printer on the list.
- Click Yes, when the screen prompts to turn the printer updates on.
- Make the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer as the Default printer.
- Now, try printing with your device, check if the status of the printer is changed to Online.
why won’t my HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer print
- The HP Printer may not print for many reasons.
- The printer may go offline and can become not reachable for communication.
- Press the Power button and bring it back to the active mode.
- Make sure the input tray is not empty and stuffed with plain papers.
- The ink cartridges should not be empty and error lights should not blink.
- Open a document and try to print now.
- Check if the HP Officejet Pro 6230 printer can able to print.
- If not restart the printer once.
- Click System Preferences from Apple Menu.
- Click Print & Scan. Press the Ctrl key + to left-click anywhere inside the Printers window.
- Click Reset printing system. When the confirmation window prompts, Click Reset.
- To complete the reset, enter the administrator name and password.
- Click Ok to complete the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting process.
How to solve HP Officejet Pro 6230 Paper Jam Problem
- There are various reasons for paper jam error to occur in your printer.
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting carriage access door and check if the rollers can move freely.
- Slide the carriage and confirm that no foreign particles are stuck.
- Check each area of the printer one by one and locate the paper jam.
- Examine the input tray, output tray, printhead area and underneath the printer.
- Gently pull out the jammed paper using both of your hands.
- Use the flashlight to examine the internal parts of the printer for paper jam error.
- If the carriage can move freely, then it indicates that the paper jam is removed.
How to solve HP Officejet Pro 6230 Duplex Printing Problem
- Check if the Duplex printing feature is turned on in both of your devices.
- Go to Advanced Setting from the print dialog box and click OK.
- The automatic duplex printing should be turned off.
- Use the HP Print and Doctor tool and diagnose the issue with printing.
- Based on the direction provided by the tool, you can resolve the duplex printing HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer Issues.
- Do a test print if the problem is not resolved, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
How to solve HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printhead Error
- The control panel of the printer displays you if there any error with the printhead.
- To solve the issue remove, clean and reinstall the printhead.
- Open the cartridge access door with the HP printer turned on.
- Take the cartridges out from the printer and place it on a paper with ink side facing up.
- Unlatch the handle of the print carriage.
- Wait until the carriage stops the movement.
- Remove the printhead to clean it. You have to clean the three areas of the printhead.
- The plastic ramps of the ink nozzle.
- The edge between the nozzle.
- And the electrical contacts.
- Gather the material to clean. Use distilled water and lint-free cloth.
- Dampen the cloth in water or cleaning liquid and wipe the ink stain from the printhead.
- Once the stain is cleaned, reinsert the printhead back into its place.
- Pull down the latch and lock the printhead. Reload the ink cartridge, close the access door.
- Reset the printer once and try to print.
- The control panel will not display any error but, if the error persists, replace the printhead for HP Officejet Pro 6230 Troubleshooting.