Quick HP Officejet Pro 6800 Troubleshooting Steps
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Troubleshooting is a systematical approach that can detect printer issues and resolve them automatically. If your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer encountered with any problems, try running the troubleshooting tool. The tool analyses the problems in deep and finds out the root cause for the issue and then it resolves the issue on its own.
How To Solve HP Officejet Pro 6800 Paper Jam Issue?
- Switch the HP Officejet pro 6800 printer to active condition and then unplug the power wire from the rear of the printer. Plug out the cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least one or two minutes and then reconnect the wire to the printer.
- Turn on the printer manually if it fails to power up automatically. Check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem persists, use a flashlight to check and clear jammed paper inside the printer.
- Raise the cartridge access doorway and wait for the carriage to come to rest and then remove any jammed paper in the access area to do HP Officejet Pro 6800 Troubleshooting.
- Check and ensure that the carriage can move freely across the width. Remove any torn paper pieces or other objects obstructing the carriage movement.
- If the issue persists, try cleaning the paper feed rollers.
- Take a clean fabric, dip in water and then squeeze it. Use the dampened cloth to clean the paper feed rollers.
- Rotate the paper feed rollers and wipe off dust buildup. Pull the access door down once the rollers are dry.
- If the printer shows the error even after trying out all the above resolving steps, contact your printer manufacturer to get your printer serviced.
Why Is My HP OJ Pro 6800 Printer Not Printing Black Ink?
- Uninstall the outdated driver files and folders and then reinstall the latest version of printer driver software.
- Use only genuine and compatible HP ink cartridges and check the ink levels in the black cartridge.
- Replace the problem black ink cartridge with a new cartridge.
- Ensure the black cartridge is placed on the right side slot.
- Check the print settings and save all your preferences.
- Inspect for any ink smears on the rear of the printouts.
- Wait until printer prints the alignment page and the print the quality diagnostic report.
- Inspect the color blocks for any defects.
- If you found any white lines on the color blocks are faded or missing, clean the ink cartridges.
- Clean the ink cartridges using the automated Clean Cartridges tool or clean manually using a wet cloth and then with a dry cloth.
- Reset the printer’s factory settings to default, if the HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Issues is not resolved.
- If the issue is not rectified even after trying out all the above steps, service your HP printer.
How To Solve HP Officejet Pro 6800 Cartridge Jam Issue?
- Uplift the ink cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the access area.
- Take out and examine the ink cartridges. Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge using a clean cotton swab. Clean the contacts in the cartridge access area as well.
- Reinsert the cartridges and make sure they are seated correctly.
- If the issue persists, remove the power wire from the printer while the printer is active.
- Disconnect the cord from the wall outlet as well. Replug the wire to the wall outlet and then to the printer’s rear after a few minutes.
- If the printer fails to turn on automatically, power it up manually. The printer is reset. Try to print.
- Check if the printer’s firmware is updated. Try to print.
Why Is My HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Offline?
- Ensure that your printer is active.
- Ensure that enough paper is loaded to complete the print job.
- Make sure that the router’s internet connection is enabled and the printer has connected to it to do HP Officejet Pro 6800 Troubleshooting.
- Update the printer driver software to the most recent version.
- Upgrade the firmware to the latest version.
- If still the issue is not resolved, reset the printing system and power cycle your printer to get resolved of the HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Issues.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor application that is specially developed to rectify the printer offline issue.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Alignment unsuccessful
- Use only clean, unused white paper to print and then try alignment.
- Place the alignment paper on the scanner glass as per the instructions and then tap Scan.
- Tap Skip to continue printing without alignment.
- Reset the factory settings of your printer to default.
- Switch the printer active, if it does not power up automatically.
- Wait until the printer warm-up period completes and printer set to be idle.
- Install only genuine HP ink cartridges.
- Print and evaluate the alignment page.
- Check the estimated ink levels on the installed ink cartridges.
- Change the low or empty ink cartridges and problem ink cartridges, if found.
- Clean the printhead and install it correctly.
- If the issue is unresolved even after trying out all the above-said methods service your HP Product or HP Officejet Pro 6800 Troubleshooting.