Complete HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting Guidance
HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting is a systematic approach that can detect printer issues and resolve them automatically. If your HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer encountered with any problems, try running the troubleshooting tool. The tool analyses the difficulties in deep and finds out the root cause for the issue and then it resolves the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer Problems on its own.
Why my HP Officejet Pro 8100 Won’t Print?
- Check and assure the printer is connected to a stable AC source.
- Check if the printer input tray is loaded with sufficient paper.
- Check the ink levels before you start to print.
- Replace the ink cartridge, if it is empty or low.
- View the control panel to check the ink level.
- Download and install the full feature driver package.
- Set the print settings properly.
- Check if any paper jams inside the cartridge.
- Use a flashlight to check and clean the torn paper inside the printer.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges are appropriately aligned.
- Reset the printer settings to default factory settings.
- If still the issue continues after HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting, service your HP product.
Why HP OJ Pro 8100 Won’t Connect To Wifi?
- Set a unique network name (SSID).
- Assure that you have 802.11g enabled and the printer cannot connect to the 5.0 GHz network.
- If you are using a dual-band router, the 2.4 GHz, and 5.0 GHz network names must be different. Change the identifying name of the 5.0 GHz network for HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting.
- Assure you are not hiding your SSID (network name).
- Change the network router to a fixed wireless channel such as 1, 6 or 11, that has less traffic.
- Do not use a guest (SSID) or public network.
- Do not enable UPnP on the router.
- Set to 20 Mhz only on your router, or 145 Mbps based on the router.
- Update your network router’s firmware to the latest version.
- Upgrade your printer firmware to the up to date version.
Why my HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer Won’t Feed Paper?
- Turn on your HP Officejet pro 8100 product if it not active already.
- With the product on active state, disengage the power cord from the back of the product.
- Detach the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 15 to 30 seconds.
- Leave the printer to remain idle for a few minutes to start HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting.
- Reinsert the power wire back into the wall outlet.
- Connect the power cable to the rear of the product.
- If the product does not turn active by itself, press the Power icon to turn it on.
- Be patient until the printer warms up.
- Print a self-test report to ensure that hardware function properly.
- Check the paper condition after the error occurs.
- If found the paper wrinkled or crumpled, reload the paper into the tray.
- Clean the paper feed rollers properly using a flashlight.
- Check for any foreign objects inside the carriage path.
- Clean the carriage path and paper feed roller using wet dampen the cloth and then with a dry cloth.
- Make sure you are not using the obsolete printer software and firmware.
- Update the printer driver software and firmware to the most recent version.
- If still the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer Problems persists, service your printer.
How to Solve HP Officejet Pro 8100 Paper Jam Issues?
- Paper jam issues may also be the reason for the carriage jam. Paper jam might occur at various parts on the printer.
- Clear off the jammed paper from the input tray, cartridge access area, the back of the printer and also in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Clear the jammed and torn paper inside the printer areas with the help of a flashlight.
- Lift the cartridge access doorway and hold it until the carriage is idle and calm before you proceed to the next step.
- Keeping the printer is on active state, unplug the printer power cord from the back of the printer to reset the printer.
- Leave the printer to be idle for a few minutes in the no connection state.
- Clean the paper feed roller to avoid any paper jam error using a wet dampen fabric. Ensure the carriage move across the printer width freely.
- Take out the printhead from the carriage and clean the path on which the carriage moves. Remove the obstacles on the carriage path and install the printhead back.
- Remove the cartridges and clean it with a lint-free cloth and reinsert into the respective slot.
- Do not plug the power cable from any surge suppressors or power strips during HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting and plug the power cord directly into an electrical wall outlet.
- If still the paper jam is not resolved, reset your printer settings to default factory settings.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8100 Will Not Print In Color?
- Install only genuine HP ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer model.
- Check the ink levels of the cartridges installed on your printer.
- Change the cartridges, if they found empty or with low ink.
- Realign the ink cartridges.
- Check the print settings and make the changes according to your wish.
- If you have enabled Print in Grayscale option, turn it off from the drop-down menu.
- If the issue continues, try to clean the ink cartridges.
- Print the Print Quality Diagnostic page and check the print quality.
- Try the before step up to three or four times, until you get an acceptable print quality.
- Reset your printer settings to default.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer Problems are not fixed, change the problem cartridge or service your HP printer.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer is Offline?
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer that is specially developed to resolve the printer offline issues. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Open Devices and find your printer under Printers.
- Select your printer and Set your printer as your Default Printer.
- Right tap on your printer icon and select Printer Properties.
- Click on the Ports -> Add Port -> Standard TCP/IP -> New Port -> Type in the IP Address of the printer.
- Proceed with Next command wherever applicable and finish the Wizard.
- Do the above step to create a Secured Path for your HP printer, and it might allow the printer to be linked to the network.
- Ensure that the router connection is enabled and printer connected to the network.
- If the issue persists, reset the printer settings to default for HP Officejet Pro 8100 Troubleshooting.