Solve Printer Issues Using HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting instructions for resolving some of the common printer issues are provided in the page. If you are unable to follow the instructions, dial the toll-free number to contact our technical experts. Printer reset is a common HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting that can help resolve the print queue issue, incomplete driver installation, or network communication issues between the printer and the computer.
WHAT CAUSES HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PRINTER OFFLINE ERROR?
- Make sure the printer connection is stable, and the power cord is connected firmly to the wall outlet.
- Check if the router is turned on and the internet connection is active.
- Do not use the outdated print driver file on your network-connected computer because that may also be the reason for the issue.
- Upgrade the printer firmware to the most recent version.
- Make sure that the HP Officejet pro 8710 printer is set as the default printer.
- Install HP Print and Scan Doctor that is specifically developed to resolve the printer offline issues.
- If the offline issue persists, HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting the Wi-Fi network connection to detect and resolve the issue.
HOW TO RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS ON HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710?
- Connect your printer power cable to the wall outlet and turn on the printer.
- Make sure the printer is active and set to be silent before you start to continue to the next step.
- Disconnect the printer power cord at the rear of the printer with the printer in the active condition.
- Remove the electric cable from the wall outlet and wait for at least two minutes.
- Reconnect the power cable back into the wall outlet and then the other end at the rear of the printer.
- Press the Power button and switch the printer to the active condition.
- Now your printing mechanism is set to default HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting settings.
HOW TO FIX HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PRINTHEAD DISPLAY ERROR?
If the printer control panel shows the error message as Printhead problem, The Printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed, follow and perform the below-resolving steps to get rid of the printhead error.
- Use only the compatible cartridges that are bought from a reliable HP store or a local retailer.
- Resetting your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer’s printing mechanism to default factory settings might resolve the printhead error.
- Unplug the printer cord from the wall outlet and then open the ink cartridge door to unseat the printhead.
- Ensure that printhead is clean and undamaged and then reseat the printhead into the carriage.
- Check and confirm if the carriage latch is locked and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- Plug the printer electric cord into the wall outlet and turn the printer active.
- Wait until the printer warm-up time finishes and the printer is idle and silent.
- Do the printhead reseating up to three times if the printhead error continues do HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- Remove the ink cartridges and check the error message on the screen.
- If the printer shows The printhead appears to be missing, incorrectly installed, or not detected message on the control panel, then update the printer firmware.
- Using the outdated firmware may also cause the printhead error message to appear on the printer panel.
- Make sure the color dot on the cartridge and letter on the ink cartridge matches and the cartridge are correctly placed into the slot.
- Use a dust-free cloth and distilled or bottled water to clean the copper-colored contacts on the ink cartridge. Also, wipe the contacts with a dry cloth.
- If you found that the cartridge or printhead is damaged, purchase a new one and replace it.
- Service or replace your HP printer if the issue is unresolved even after trying out all the above HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting steps.
HOW DO I CHECK MY INK LEVELS ON MY HP 8710 PRINTER?
On Control Panel:
- The HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer displays ink cartridge levels on the control panel. Search for a Cartridge icon, or Ink drop icon, or an Ink Levels menu to check estimated ink levels.
- Download the HP Smart app from the Windows store. Add your printer on the application to view the estimated ink levels on the home screen.
- If you have installed HP Print and Scan Doctor, open it and click on the Printer option in the top menu bar. Click the Supply Levels to view the ink levels.
- Check your ink or toner cartridges levels using the printer software on your Mac computer.
- Tap the Apple icon and then the System Preferences option. Click Printers and Scanners, Print & Scan, or Print & Fax. Choose your printer from the list. Tap Option & Supplies. and then click Supplies to view the estimated ink levels.
REPLACEMENT OF HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 INK CARTRIDGE
- Purchase new compatible ink cartridges from an HP store or a reliable local shop.
- Connect your printer power cable to the electrical outlet and switch on the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Check if the carriage slides to the left of the printer.
- Hold on until the carriage stops moving and is idle and silent for HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- Push the old cartridge slightly inside the printer to remove from the slot and then pull it toward you.
- Take out the new ink cartridge from the package and hold the cartridge on it sides with your fingers on the black side.
- Hold it in the way so that the cartridge contacts face the printer.
- Slide the new ink cartridge into the slot and gently push it in to click into the slot.
- Make sure that the color dot on the slot matches with the color letter on the cartridges.
- Install all other cartridges in the same way.
- Close the cartridge access door.
REPLACEMENT OF HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PRINTER PRINTHEAD
- Purchase the printhead from HP Parts Store. Browse the HP Parts store site and choose your country/region.
- Enter M0H91A in the search box and tap the Enter button. Fill the other information required and place your order.
- Access to the ink cartridge door and then remove the previously installed ink cartridges.
- Take out the new printhead and SETUP ink cartridges from the package and place it aside.
- Hold the printhead on its sides with the copper contacts facing the backside of the printer.
- Set the new printhead into the carriage and slowly lower the latch handle until it locks in its place.
- Match the color dots and letter on the slot and then place the new SETUP ink cartridges into the slot.
- Gently press on the cartridge into the slot until it snaps into its space if a SETUP ink cartridge is sticking out. The printer begins the initialization process and makes some noises during the process. When the alignment completes, the printer starts to print the alignment page.
- Return the failed printer parts to HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting for analysis.
HOW TO CLEAR HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 CARRIAGE JAM ERROR?
- Paper jam issues may also cause the carriage jam error. Paper jam may occur at various parts on the printer.
- Clear the jammed paper from the input tray, ink cartridge access area, the rear of the printer, and the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Use a flashlight to clear the jammed and torn paper in the areas mentioned above.
- Access into the cartridge area and hold on until the carriage is idle and silent to continue to the next step.With the printer in an active state, unplug the printer power cord from the back of the printer to reset the printing mechanism.
- Leave the printer in the same state for a few minutes. In the meantime, use a flashlight and remove the torn papers or some other foreign objects, if present inside the paper rollers and ink cartridge access area.
- Clean the paper roller properly to avoid further paper jam error. Ensure the cartridge moves freely inside the printer.
- Remove the printhead from the ink cartridge area and clean the carriage path. Remove the obstructions on the carriage path for HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting and install the printhead again.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the slot and clean it with a dust-free cloth and insert into the respective slot. Unplug the power cable from any surge suppressors or power strips, and plug the power cable directly into an electrical wall outlet.
- If still the issue is not resolved, reset the printing mechanism or service your printer.
WHY NO INTERNET CONNECTION AFTER 8710 HP WI-FI SETTINGS CHANGE?
When the network name and password is changed, you need to reconfigure the printer with the new printer settings. Connect to a previously configured wireless printer to the network if you have changed your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or installed a new router with the below-given HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting steps:
- Find the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer control panel and tap it to establish wireless communication between your HP printer and network.
- Touch the Wireless symbol. Tap the Setup icon.
- Press Restore Network Settings or Restore Network Defaults and then choose the Yes option to confirm your selection.
- Once the default network settings are restored, press the back arrow, tap Wireless Settings, and then press Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches and shows the list of available networks. Tap the name of your wireless network to connect to it.
- Touch the Enter New Network Name option, and then enter your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting wireless network name, if your wireless network name does not display in the list of wireless networks.
- Enter the WEP or WPA key (network password) and then click Done.
- If the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns solid.
- Print a Wireless Network Test Report to inspect the network connection.
Clearing Low Ink Alert on HP OJPRO8710
- The ink Alert or Low on ink message displays when the ink is running low. Replace the ink cartridges by following the HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting steps below.
- Buy the ink cartridges that are compatible with your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting. Use of third-party cartridges can cause quality issues.
- Press the Power button and turn on the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door and find the carriage move to the center of the printer.
- Wait until the carriage stops working and then take the new ink cartridges outside the package.
- Hold the ink cartridge on its sides and in a slight upward angle.
- Match the color code and place the ink cartridge in its slot.
- Slowly move the cartridge into the slot until snaps into the slot. Install the other color cartridges in the same way and close the cartridge access door.
Network Scanner Connection Error on HP OJPRO 8710
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool (Windows only) and install it.
- Open the tool and click Fix Scanning. Keep following the instructions to fix the issue.
- If that did not prove to be helpful, open the Programs and Features window, select Uninstall a Program, and then select the printer’s name.
- Reinstall the printer software and connect the printer to your computer. Try to scan.
- Search for View local services and open Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
- Check if the status is Running and the Startup type is set to Automatic. If the status is disabled, right-click WIA and select Properties.
- Click the General tab and choose Automatic from the Startup type drop-down menu HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- If the issue persists, restart the printer, computer, and router if you have established a network connection.
How to Fix Black or Color Ink not Printing Issue in HP Officejet Pro 8710?
- If your printouts have streaks or faded images, or if the printer fails to print in color or black, refer to the steps given below to get a quality output.
- Check if you have loaded genuine ink cartridges into the printer.
- Open the Programs and Features window on your Windows OS and click the printer’s name. Select the Uninstall option.
- Select Yes on the User Account Control alert that pops up, and follow the prompts until the software uninstalls.
- Now open the Devices and Printers folder, go to the Printers section, and give a double-click on the printer’s icon.
- Click the Remove option and follow the on-screen instructions until the printer is removed.
- Reinstall the printer software by downloading it using the Driver Download link provided on the page.
- Try to print. If the issue persists, reset the printer by HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
Why does HP 8710 Printer does not Maintain Wi-Fi Connection?
- The issue occurs mainly due to network instability. In such cases, the printer goes offline and you will not be able to print or scan. Refer to the steps below to resolve the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. Respond to the prompts of the tool until the installation is complete.
- If the issue persists, move the printer and computer closer to your router.
- Make sure there are no obstructions, like metallic objects or electronic items emitting radio signals, interfering with the Wi-Fi signal.
- Try reducing the channel interface. Print a network configuration page and locate the channel for your Wi-Fi network.
- If several other networks use the channel, change the channel. Open the router web setup page by entering the IP address of your router on the address bar of your browser.
- Change the Wi-Fi channel using the configuration menu. Choose a channel that is least used by HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting networks. Try printing a document to verify if the issue is resolved.
Driver Unavailable for HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer
The HP Officejet Pro 8710 encounters drivers problem very rarely as they are designed to work across various versions of different operating systems. The issue will be encountered only when there is a problem with your Operating system or with your installed printer driver, such as an incorrect driver installation.
- Open the HP folder on your computer and uninstall the existing software and driver for your printer model.
- Download and install the latest driver software for your operating system.
- Now try connecting your printer to the computer and print a test page.
- If that did not help, upgrade your operating system to the latest version and try installing the driver again.
- Make sure to install the correct driver and software for the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- Update the firmware for your HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- Remove the existing software and driver from your Mac.
- Download the latest driver and software for your Mac operating system.
- Locate the downloaded file with the extension .dmg and install the package to your computer.
- If the problem persists, look for HP 8710 Printer Troubleshooting updates for your Mac operating system like HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
- Installation the system updates, and try re-installing the driver and software.
- Connect your printer to the computer after changing or reinstalling your operating system.
- Check and install if there are any firmware updates for your printer.
Solution for HP OJ PRO 8710 Printer not Connecting to Network during the Setup
- Locate the Setup icon on the printer’s control panel and tap it. Select the Printer Maintenance option.
- Select the Restore option and click Restore Factory Default.
- Tap the Continue option on the confirmation message.
- Wait for the factory settings to be restored.
- Reconnect the printer to the network.
- Install the driver and try to HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.