How to Implement HP Officejet Pro 8715 Fax Setup?
With the support of a fax-capable HP Officejet Pro 8715 Fax Setup, you can transfer the photos or files to another fax machine. Fax setup requires a traditional landline telephone service. It is more secure and safer than sending documents through a postal mail or an email.
- Use a traditional landline telephone cable to set up a fax connection. Use that telephone cable to connect your HP Officejet 8715 printer to a landline telephone service.
- Use the telephone cord that has the connectors with two wire leads not four if the original cable is not available. Push one end of the telephone cable into the phone wall socket and the other to the 1-LINE plug at the printer backside.
- If an answering machine is available, then use it to record voice calls without recording the unwanted noises from faxes.
- Connect another phone cord between the answering machine and the 2-EXT socket at the rear printer.
- Swipe and locate the HP Officejet Pro 8715 Fax Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your necessary fax preferences and settings.
- Locate and touch the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu to print a test report. Check the fax results and some instructions to sort out the HP OJ PRO 8715 Fax Setup issues.
- Place the item you want to fax on the scanner tile or in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Enter the receiver fax number on the printer control panel and then click the Black Color Send button to send the fax message.
- Check if the printer prints the fax report. Check if the fax sent successfully, or if an error occurred from the printed fax test report.
HP OJPRO 8715 DIGITAL FAX SETUP
- Using HP Digital Fax, you can save incoming, black-and-white faxes to your computer folder on your network for quick sharing and storage, or you can forward the faxes through email. HP Digital fax allows you to receive important faxes from anywhere while working away from the office.
- Confirm your HP Officejet Pro 8715 Fax Setup is connected to your landline or digital telephone service and can send and receive faxes.
- Ascertain paper is loaded before you begin, and that it does not run out of paper before completing the print job.
- Download the full-feature driver package that includes HP Digital Fax and install it on your computer.
- If your computer prompts for a username and password while saving to a network drive, provide access with the administrator username and password.
HP Digital Fax in Mac:
- Open Finder on your Mac computer, click Go -> Applications, double-click the Hewlett-Packard or double-click HP Utility. Click Digital Fax Archive under HP OJ PRO 8715 Fax Setup Settings.
HP Digital Fax in Windows:
- Search Windows for your printer name, and then click the same in the search results.
- Now, HP Printer Assistant or HP Solution Center window opens.
- Click the Print, Scan & Fax tab -> Digital Fax Setup Wizard in the HP Printer Assistant application.
- Open Finder on your Mac computer, click Go -> Applications, double-click the Hewlett-Packard or HP -> double-click HP Utility. Click Digital Fax Archive under Fax Settings.
Testing the Digital Fax Setup:
- Open the Finder menu, click Go -> Applications, double-click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility.
- Under Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive.
- Follow the instructions shown on-screen for the setup type that you have selected.
- To check if your printer supports additional Digital HP Officejet Pro 8715 Fax Setup options, look in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.