Full HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting Guide
Any electronic gadgets will throw error at some point of time. Similarly, the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer can also face issue. The common errors can be easily solved by restarting the printer. You can also use tools to HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting the printer. The diagnosing report will display all the possible solutions. By following the guidelines on the screen, you can fix the issues with the printer.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8740 Won’t Connect to Wifi?
- Check if the wireless router is on and other devices are connected.
- Reset the HP Officejet printer’s environment to resolve the issue.
- Remove your printer from the device’s column on your computer.
- After a minute or two add the printer to the computer again to start HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting.
- Perform a test print and check if the printer can print wirelessly.
- Turn on the automatic update for the printer software.
- Check if the firmware of the printer is up-to-date, if not update the same.
- Use the USB cable and check that you connect to the Internet.
- Convert the USB connection into wireless and try again.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Issue is not resolved print via a wired connection.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8740 will not Print in Color?
- You have to uninstall and reinstall the printer software on your computer.
- Remove the HP OJ Pro 8740 printer from the list.
- Always purchase ink cartridges from the HP store.
- The printer may deliver print in color once the cartridges are changed.
- Check the estimated ink level from the control panel.
- Try to replace the low ink cartridges, and this may fix the issue.
- From the control panel of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting, tap the Setup icon.
- Touch Reports and then choose the Print Quality Report.
- Examine the Print Quality Diagnostic Page.
- Examine the color blocks and confirm the color quality.
- If needed clean the printhead and try to print.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8740 Won’t Print?
- There can be any reason that your Officejet does not print.
- Check if the cartridges are not dried off.
- Have a view at the printers control panel for error messages.
- Use the HP Print and Scan tool to troubleshoot the printer.
- You can download the application online and follow the directions on it.
- Try the below-given steps if you think there is a problem with Print Spooler.
- Go to Settings for Windows menu option and view the local services window setting.
- Identify Print Spooler by scrolling down and click on Stop to end the service.
- Use CTRL+ALT+DELETE to end all the task at a time.
- Navigate to the Windows and open the Printers folder
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting Services window by clicking the gear icon on Taskbar.
- Click on Start by highlighting the Print Spooler.
- Close the Services and Windows Setting windows.
- Now, perform a test print. Your issue will be resolved.
Why HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline?
- If the status of the printer is Offline then, you cannot print.
- You can use the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to check the printer HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Issue status.
- Go online and download the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- From the download location, locate the HPPSdr.exe file and run the same.
- The welcome screen of the application window will have a Start button, click on it and select your printer from the list.
- Click Retry, if you cannot find the printer on the list.
- Click Yes, when the screen prompts to turn the printer updates on.
- Make the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer as the Default printer.
- Now, try printing with your device, check if the status of the printer is changed to Online.
How to Fix HP 8740 Printer not Connected Issue?
- If you cannot connect your printer on setup, you can troubleshoot your system and try connecting again.
- Restart the devices once, and the printer can resolve the basic issues.
- Disconnect the cables and power cords from the printer.
- Make the printer to rest for a minute or two.
- Reconnect the printer cable again. Connect the USB to a different port of your computer.
- Remove the cable if it is connected through a docking station or HP Officejet Pro 8740 Troubleshooting Hub.
- Change the USB cable and connect it to the device.
- If there are more than one USB cable is connected, remove them all except that of the printer.
- Make sure you connect to 2.0 USB port.