How to Setup 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 Printer?
Take the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 Printer from the package and recycle the package materials. Install the HP Sprocket mobile app on your smartphone and pair the printer with a smartphone using Bluetooth connection. Place 5.0 x 7.6 cm (2 x 3 in) HP sprocket photo paper into the input tray. Calibrate the printer and print the photo on your HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup.
How to Connect HP Sprocket 2 Printer to Smartphone?
- Connect to HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup homepage and complete the instructions on the screen to download the app.
- Allow the required access to install the application and install HP Sprocket application on your mobile device.
- Turn on the HP Sprocket device after the successful app installation.
- Slide the power button and hold until the Status Indicator light turns solid and white to turn on the Sprocket device.
- Open the Bluetooth settings and enable the Bluetooth option on your mobile device.
- Tap the HP Sprocket app icon to open it.
- Tap the Setup option on the Welcome screen and then follow the instructions shown on the screen.
- Touch Enable Reveal or No, Thanks, if prompt displays to Reveal with AR.
- Touch the Menu icon and then the Sprocket option. Tap the Manage Printers option.
- If your printer appears, conclude that the printer is connected.
- If you could not find the printer, tap the Add New 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 Printer option and add your printer to the mobile device.
Setting Up Bluetooth for HP Sprocket 2 Printer
- Turn on your Mobile device and HP Sprocket device.
- Tap the Settings icon on your mobile device. Locate and tap the Bluetooth option.
- Ensure that the mobile Bluetooth is turned on and visibility to nearby devices is enabled.
- Search for the available nearby devices.
- Find the HP Sprocket device name in the search list and tap on it.
- Click on the Allow option to enable communication between the Sprocket device and your mobile.
- Make sure that mobile device and HP Sprocket device is paired and connected.
HP Sprocket App
- Open Google Play store or App Store on your Android or iOS device.
- Download and install the HP Sprocket application.
- Turn on the Sprocket after the app installation.
- Slide the power button on the Sprocket device to turn it active.
- Enable Bluetooth on your mobile phone and pair it with the Sprocket device.
- Open the HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup application.
- Choose a startup option and then continue to the next step.
- Load a stack of photo paper on the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 device.
- Open a photo that already exists or else take a live picture and then tap the print option from the menu icon.
- Edit the appearance of the photo in the preview screen.
- Confirm all your changes with the OK option.
- Tap the Print option to print the photo in your HP Sprocket 2 Printer.
User Guide or Manual for HP Sprocket 2 Printer
This User Guide or Manual is to find simple steps to install and use the HP Sprocket 2 Printer. To know about how to use HP Sprocket app with this HP Sprocket printer download this user guide in PDF format.
How to Print on HP Sprocket Photo Printer 2nd Edition?
- Download and install the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 application. Click the Bluetooth option and ensure that the Bluetooth is active. Make sure to enable the visibility to nearby devices. Search and pair your mobile device with the HP Sprocket device.
- Open the Sprocket app after pairing with the mobile device. Tap the Setup option in the Welcome Screen and follow the instructions shown on the mobile screen.
- Tap the Enable Reveal or No, Thanks option, if a prompt displays on the screen.
- Touch the Menu icon and the Sprocket option. Click the Manage Printers option.
- Conclude that your HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup printer is connected if your printer appears on the screen.
- Tap the Add New Printer option and add your printer to the mobile device, if you could not found the printer name on the screen. Switch off the HP Sprocket printer and remove the top cover. Slide the top cover away from the output slot and set it aside.
- Place up to 10 HP Sprocket Photo Paper sheets with the Blue Print Quality card.
- Be sure to place the blue card on the bottom of the paper stack with the bar-code facing down and the HP Sprocket photo paper with the HP logo also facing down.
- Arrange the top cover and then slide the top cover to seat it firmly.
- Open the HP Sprocket app and select the photo that you need to print.
- Find the image preview screen appears and then tap the Edit icon to change the photo appearance, apply filters, add text or stickers.
- Touch the Checkmark to save the changes and then press the Print icon.
- The HP Sprocket printer starts to calibrate using the colored card.
- Wait until the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 printer remains idle and silent and then remove the colored card.
- Find your photo begins to print after the calibration.
Troubleshooting HP Sprocket Photo Printer 2nd Edition
Use only the HP ZINK sprocket photo paper and place only ten sheets at a time. Use only the printer supported paper size. Upgrade the firmware to the latest printer firmware. Make sure that your HP Sprocket printer has enough charge to operate. Charge the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 device for more than 90 minutes until the power light turns green. Do not use the Sprocket device when the battery charge is low.
Why HP Sprocket 2nd Edition Printer not Responding?
- Initially set up the HP Sprocket printer correctly. Download the HP Sprocket app from the Google PlayStore or AppStore to your mobile device.
- Turn on the printer after the HP Sprocket app installation completes. Open the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device and pair the printer with your mobile device.
- Open the HP Sprocket app and tap the Menu icon and tap the Sprocket option. Touch the Manage Printers option.
- Find your printer from the list and connect your printer. If your Printer is not listed, tap Add a New Printer and find your printer name and then link it.
- Load only ten sheets of HP Sprocket photo paper. Overloading may cause in printing error.
- Charge the HP Sprocket printer for at least 90 minutes until the power light turns to green. Even charging the printer more than 90 minutes might increase the life of printer battery.
- Set the Auto off timing in the Printer Settings to turn the printer inactive if it remains unused.
- If still your printer is not responding then reset the printer. Find the Reset button near to the charging port. Slowly insert a straight pin and press the Reset button for 3 seconds.
- Find your printer resets and turns inactive. Switch on the printer and try to work.
Why HP Sprocket Photo Printer 2nd Edition not Printing?
- Switch and hold the Power button on the printer and turn it on.
- Install the HP Sprocket app and open it.
- Click the Menu icon and then tap the sprocket option. Touch Manage Printers and make sure that your Sprocket device is selected.
- Tap the HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup Settings option. Under the Status tab, find Battery.
- If your battery charge is 25 % or higher, then proceed to the next step whereas if the charge is 24 % or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes and proceed with the next step.
- Touch the Auto Off option when the sprocket switches off, only if necessary.
- Turn off the 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 printer and then clear off the paper cover.
- Use only the HP Sprocket photo paper with the HP Logos facing down.
- Load only up to 10 sheets and replace the paper cover.
- Ensure that the printer properly paired with your mobile device.
- If still the printing issue persists, reset your HP Sprocket device and try to print.
- Ensure that you are using an updated sprocket firmware. If found any older version is installed, connect to the HP Sprocket site and install the latest firmware.
How to Improve Print Quality in HP Sprocket 2 Printer?
Follow the below steps to resolve the print quality issues:
Use Genuine HP Sprocket photo paper:
ZINK produces custom photo paper for various printers including HP. It is recommended to use only genuine HP ZINK Sprocket and Sprocket Plus photo paper to achieve good print quality. Print Quality may not be achieved if non-HP Photo papers are used.
Upgrade the Sprocket print firmware:
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 device and mobile device.
- Connect your mobile device to the Internet and open the HP Sprocket app.
- Click the Menu symbol and then touch the Sprocket option.
- Touch the Manage Printers option and choose your printer model.
- Tap the Printer Settings option after selecting your printer model.
- Make sure that the charge level is above 25 % and locate Firmware Upgrade.
- If an update is available, touch Get HP Sprocket 2 Printer Setup Firmware upgrade option and follow the instructions on the mobile screen to complete the update.
Clean the Paper path rollers:
Dust and debris found on the paper path rollers can cause print quality problems. Clean the paper path rollers using the colored Print Quality Card that is in the same pack of HP ZINK photo paper.
How to Clear HP Sprocket 2 Paper Jam Error?
- Load the HP Sprocket Photo paper, and the printer starts to calibrate with the blue Smartsheet.
- In the meantime, the printer does not feed the HP Sprocket photo paper to print, and the HP Sprocket app shows Out of Paper error message.
- The Status Indicator light also starts to blink and turn to red.
- Tap the OK option to clear the error message and turn off the printer.
- Remove the top cover on the Sprocket app and set it aside.
- Remove if any loose photo paper found on the input tray and reload the HP Sprocket Photo paper with the blue Smartsheet.
- Be sure to place the blue Smartsheet on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code side and HP logo facing down.
- Load only ten sheets of HP Sprocket Photo paper. If adding more, the printer may start to show an error message and could not print the photo.
- Place the top cover and fix it into the slot. Slide and hold the power button to turn on the printer and then try to print the photo.
- Please ensure that you are using genuine HP Zink Photo paper. ZINK produces customized photo paper for a variety of printers such as HP, Polaroid, and LG.
- HP mostly recommends using HP ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo paper to achieve best output quality.
- If you are using non-HP ZINK Photo paper, you may not get quality outputs.
- Make sure that your printer has enough charge to operate the print job. Use the upgraded printer firmware to print on HP Sprocket app.
- Open the HP Sprocket application and tap the photo that you need to print.
- Tap the Print option and detect your 123.hp.com/sprocket 2 printer in the printer list and select it. Now your printer prints the photo without any error message.
Place the battery on your HP Sprocket printer. Download and install the HP Sprocket application on your mobile device and turn on the Bluetooth. Switch the printer to working condition and pair it with the mobile device. Charge the printer more than 90 minutes. Place the recommended HP Sprocket photo paper into the paper tray. Print the photo that you need to print on your Sprocket device. Try to troubleshoot the printer issues.