Get to Know 123.hp.com/oj3830 Printer Guide
The 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer supports Hi-Speed 2.0 USB connection or wireless network connection at 802.11 b/g/n-2.4-GHz. It has Wi-Fi Direct feature through which the print jobs can be sent from any Wi-Fi-enabled device. The HP Officejet 3830 Setup also supports ePrint, HP Smart app, HP ePrint mobile app, HP Print Service Plugin and Apple AirPrint for printing directly from the mobile. Keep reading to get simple instructions for setting up the printer.
How to install HP Officejet 3830 Printer?
- Take the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer out from the carton, and place it on a flat surface. Remove all the packaging material from the printer.
- Remove the tapes and packing materials from the rear of the printer.
- Open the exterior door and then the cartridge access door. Remove the packing materials from inside the printer. Close the access door and then the exterior door.
- Unwrap the power cord and plug its one end into the printer’s rear and the other end to a nearby electrical outlet.
- Turn the printer on and specify your region, language, date/time on the control, and tap Yes.
- Open the access door and keep waiting until the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges without peeling the tapes on the ink cartridges.
- Slide the color ink cartridge into the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the right slot. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Load a stack of plain paper into the input tray and adjust the paper width guides such that they rest against the edges.
- Pull the paper width guides and raise the tray extender. Tap OK on the HP Officejet 3830 Setup’s control panel. The printer will now print an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner lid, place the alignment page with its print side down on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid and tap OK. The 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer will align the ink cartridges.
HP Officejet 3830 Printer Driver and Manual
A printer driver enables you to access the printer from a device, and perform printing or scanning. 123.hp.com/oj3830 Printer drivers are mainly of two major types, namely the full feature and the basic driver. The full-feature driver includes all the printer software packages that let you access the advanced printer features, while the basic driver can be used only to perform the basic printer functionalities. The links for downloading the driver and manual are given on the page.
HP Officejet 3830 Printer Driver Download
The driver for HP Officejet 3830 can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s site. Make sure to provide the correct printer model and operating system version while downloading the driver. Alternately, to get the driver in a just one step, give a click on the Download button.
HP Officejet 3830 Printer Manual Download
The manual is easy to use when in PDF format. You can refer to the all the printer-related details and instructions on the manual. Use the Download link given below to get the manual.
Download HP Officejet 3830 printer driver for Mac
- Go to the manufacturer’s site and then click the Driver Product Installation software.
- Click the Download option next to the HP Easy Start or the full feature driver.
- If you have downloaded HP Easy Start, open the Downloads folder and double-click the HP Easy Start file.
- If you have downloaded the full feature driver, double-click the .dmg file.
- The installation begins. Select the USB connection type when prompted.
- Make sure the HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is chosen.
- If prompted to add the printer to the printer queue, click the name of the printer. Select the Print Using menu and then the HP Officejet 3830 Setup’s name. Click Add.
- Go the installer screen and keep following the instructions on the screen until the installation is complete.
Download HP Officejet 3830 printer driver for windows
- You can download the driver from the manufacturer’ site or using the Driver Download link given below.
- Alternately, you can set the Windows update to download and install the driver for your printer automatically.
- Open the Change device installation settings control panel window on your Windows OS.
- Click the ‘Yes do this automatically’ option, and save the changes.
- Now connect the USB cable to appropriate ports on your 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and the computer.
- When the ‘Found a new hardware’ window opens, confirm the printer, and follow the prompts until the driver installation completes.
- Click the View devices and printers option and then select Add a printer option.
- Select the printer’s name and click Next. Keep following the instructions appearing on the screen until the driver installs.
Install driver for HP Officejet 3830 printer
- Insert the installation disc into the computer’s hard drive.
- Run the setup files.
- If the driver on the CD is outdated or incompatible with your operating system, proceed with the steps below to download the driver.
- Click the 123.hp.com/oj3830 Driver Download link provided below to get the most recent version of the printer driver in just a click.
- Open the Downloads folder on your Windows computer, and give a double-click on the .exe file to run it. If you have the Mac operating system, click the .dmg file.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the installer. Select the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Select a connection type and connect the printer and your computer, when you prompted.
- Click Finish in the final prompt screen to complete the driver installation.
- Try printing a document to verify the setup.
123 HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Setup
The HP Officejet 3830 printer can be connected to a wireless network with a router using the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
How to Connect HP Officejet 3830 a Wireless Network?
- Keep your router and computer turned on.
- Connect the computer to your network to which you want to connect the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer.
- Power up the printer, and wait until it is idle.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and select the Settings option.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard. Wait while the printer searches for the available networks and displays a list of them.
- Look for your network’s SSID and select it. Provide your network’s security key if prompted.
- Open the printer software and select Utilities.
- Click the Printer Setup & Software option. Select the Connect a new HP Officejet 3830 Setup option.
- If you have a Mac OS, open the System Preferences window and select the Print & Fax option.
- Click the ‘+’ sign and select the printer’s name from the list. Keep following the prompts until the setup is complete.
123 HP Officejet 3830 ePrint Setup
- You can print from anywhere, anytime, to a web-enabled printer using the HP ePrint software.
- Make sure the HP Officejet 6830 printer is connected to an active Internet.
- The next step is to check if the Web Services are turned on the printer.
- If the Web Services is not enabled, tap the HP ePrint icon on the control panel and select Setup.
- Tap Accept and enable Web Services.
- Tap OK. The 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer will now check for the product updates automatically, and once connected to the server, prints an information page.
- Follow the guidelines on the page to complete the setup.
- Locate and tap the HP ePrint icon on the control panel.
- The printer will display the Web Services Summary menu. Find the printer’s email address.
- Open your email application, and type the printer’s email address in the To field.
- Type a subject and attach a document for printing.
- Click Send. The printer will receive and print the document.
HP Officejet 3830 Apple AirPrint Setup
- Plug out any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Find the Wireless icon on the control panel and select it. Tap the Setup icon.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and keep following the prompts on the of the Wizard until the setup is complete.
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to the same network.
- Select an item, and tap the Share icon.
- Tap the Print icon and go to the Print Options menu.
- Touch the Select Printer option.
- Select the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer from the list.
- Go to the Options section to modify any print settings.
- Tap Print after choosing the number of copies.
AirPrint is one of the mobile printing services supported by the printer. It is compatible with iOS devices of version 4.2 and later.
Ink cartridges of Officejet 3830
The HP Officejet 3830 printer supports HP 63 Black, HP 63 Tri-color cartridges (for North America and the Asia Pacific).
How to replace the ink cartridge on HP Officejet 3830?
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and check if there is enough paper into it.
- Open the access door and wait until the printer makes no noise.
- Press the cartridge down to release it from the slot.
- Remove the cartridge to be replaced from the slot.
- Unwrap the new cartridge and peel off the plastic tapes.
- Load the new cartridge into its slot with the nozzle facing toward the HP Officejet 3830 Setup.
- The tri-color cartridge goes into the left slot, and the black ink cartridge goes into the left slot.
- Keep pushing the cartridge into the slot until it snaps to a place. Close the cartridge access door.
- Pull the output tray out and lift the tray extender. Touch OK on the printer’s control panel. The printer will now print a calibration page.
- Mount the calibration page on the glass and tap OK. Wait until the cartridge alignment completes.
How to change ink in the HP Officejet 3830 Printer?
- Power up the printer and open the access door.
- Wait for the carriage to halt.
- Slightly press the cartridge to be refilled to release it from the slot.
- Remove the cartridge and peel off the sticker at the bottom.
- Get a new refill bottle and a syringe.
- Fill a syringe with ink.
- Run a needle or toothpick over the label at the bottom of the cartridge to locate the refill holes.
- Pierce the holes. Inject the ink from the syringe into the cartridge through the holes.
- Avoid over spilling of the ink. Use a clean tissue to blot out any excess ink, and seal the holes using a tape.
- Reload the 123.hp.com/oj3830 cartridge into the empty slot, and try to print.
How to load paper in HP Officejet 3830?
- Raise the input tray from the printer.
- Slide the paper width guides to the left.
- Place enough plain paper into the tray.
- Slide the stack down into the tray until it moves no longer.
- Now slide the paper width 123.hp.com/oj3830 guides to the right.
- Make sure the guides are resting at the edge of the paper.
- Draw the output tray and raise the tray extender.
- Connect the printer to a power source and install the cartridges. The printer is all set to print.
How to print on HP Officejet 3830?
- Power up your printer and give it some time to complete its initialization.
- Check if you have loaded the ink cartridges and enough paper into the printer.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application.Click the File menu and select the Print option.
- Select the HP Officejet 3830 Setup Properties, Preferences or Properties, whichever option is displayed, to modify the print settings.
- Choose an appropriate orientation using the layout tab, and change the print quality as per the print job. After choosing your printing preferences, click OK to confirm and save your choices.
- Select Print. Wait for the printer to print the document.
How to scan on HP Officejet 3830?
The scan resolution of the printer is 1200×1200 pixels per inch (optical). The maximum scan size of the scanner glass is 216×297 mm.
- Power up the printer and wait until it is idle.
- Raise the 123.hp.com/oj3830 scanner lid and then place the document on the scanner glass.
- Search for HP on your Windows computer and then select the printer’s name.
- Click Scan and then select Scan a Document or Photo to open the HP Scan.
- If you want to scan multiple pages, choose Save as PDF.
- Load the next page on the scanner glass and then click the ‘+’ icon in the HP Scan preview window.
- Scan all the pages similarly, and finally, select Save.
- Change the file name and specify the folder you want to scan, and then click Save.
How to copy on HP Officejet 3830?
The HP Officejet 3830 Setup can make high-quality copies of your documents, photos or ID cards.
- Mount the document you want to copy on the scanner glass. The printed side of the original should face the scanner glass.
- Tap the Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo, whichever option is displayed on the control panel.
- Select the Setup icon to view and modify some advanced copy settings.
- You can choose 2-sided copying if you want to copy on both sides of a page.
- Select the size of the copy. Choose Fit to page option, Actual Size borderles or a custom size between 25-400% of the original size. There are various other options, like paper size, paper type, quality, etc. Modify the default setting to match with your requirement.
- After making all the necessary changes, tap Start on the control panel. The Copy screen appears.
- Select the Start Black or Start Color option to begin copying.
How to fax on HP Officejet 3830?
You can securely share your documents over fax to any recipient fax machine. A landline phone or cellular service can be used for the faxing purpose.
- Get a phone cord and connect the phone wall jack to the printer’s 1-LINE jack using the cord.
- If you have got an answering machine, pair it with the printer using a new phone cord.
- Open Fax Setup Wizard on your Windows and set the fax preferences and settings.
- Alternately, you can use the Fax or Setup menu on the printer’s control panel to set the fax preferences.
- Tap the Run a Fax Test option under the Fax menu. The 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer will print a test report.
- Position the document to be faxed on the scanner glass.
- Now dial the receiving fax number from the printer’s control panel and tap the Black, Color or Send icon.
HP Officejet 3830 Troubleshooting
Quick and straightforward troubleshooting steps have been given to fix some common printer issues. It is essential to maintain the printer in good condition by resolving the problems then and there.
HP Officejet 3830 will not copy or scan
Scanner failure, Unable to scan, copy or fax or Scanner System Failure error may display on the printer when you attempt to scan. Refer to the steps given below to fix the error.
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and remove the power cord from it. Unplug the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord after about 30 seconds to the outlet and then to the printer. Power up the printer manually if it does not turn on automatically.
- Try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows OS (only).
- Open the tool, select the printer’s name, and click Next. Select the Fix Scanning option and keep following the instructions displayed on the software to fix the issue.
- If you are still unable to scan, raise the scanner lid and remove any document from the glass.
- Keep the lid slightly opened and then tap Copy on the control panel.
- If the light does not appear to be moving, it indicates that there is a jam in the scanner mechanism. In such case, contact your manufacturer and get the problem fixed.
- If the light moves but the error displays, try the following troubleshooting step.
- Uninstall the HP Officejet 3830 Setup software from your operating system and reinstall the latest version from the manufacturer’s site or using the Driver Download link given on the page.
HP Officejet 3830 will not print color
If your printed document has streaks or faded images, or if the printer fails to print in color or black, the steps given below will help you resolve the issue.
- Remove any USB cable connected to the printer before carrying out the troubleshooting procedure.
- Ensure that genuine ink cartridges are loaded into the printer.
- Open the Programs and Features window on your Windows, and select the printer’s name. Click the Uninstall option.
- If a User Account Control alert pops up, select Yes, and follow the prompts until the software uninstalls.
- Open the Devices and Printers folder, go to the Printers section, and double-click the printer’s icon.
- Click the Remove option, and follow the on-screen instructions until the printer is removed.
- Reinstall the 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer software using the installation CD or by downloading it.
- Try to print to verify whether the problem is fixed.
- If the issue persists, change the print job settings.
123.hp.com/oj3830 is an inkjet printer that gives high-quality printing and scanning output. The printer has mobile printing capability which lets you connect your mobile device to the printer from anywhere. The page includes simple instructions for setting up and installing the printer. The procedure for setting up and using mobile printing services such as ePrint, AirPrint, etc. have been given to make printing easier. The guidelines for quickly troubleshooting the common printer issues such as print quality errors, scanning, and copying errors have also been provided.