Instant 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Setup Guide
123.hp.com/oj5255 is an All-in-One printer that can be accessed from your device’s wireless or wired connection. Some mobile printing services like AirPrint, ePrint, Wi-Fi Direct, HP Smart App, etc., are supported by the printer. Setting up the printer involves performing the basic hardware setup, driver installation, and establishing a connection between the HP Officejet 5255 Setup and your device.
How to Install HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- The first step is unboxing the printer which involves removing all the tapes and packaging material.
- The input trays, output trays, and the cartridge access area should be free of packaging material.
- The package comprises all the printer accessories required for the basic setup
- Connect the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer to a nearby power source using the supplied power cord.
- Now power up the printer and select your language, country, region on the control panel. Confirm your choices by tapping Yes.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges. Remove all the plastic tapes without touching the contacts or nozzles of the cartridges.
- Reach the cartridge access area of the printer to install the ink cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Open the slots and insert the cartridges into them.
- The color marked on the slots should match with that of the cartridge.
- Pull the input tray out from the printer and place enough paper in it.
- The printer will print an alignment page. Scan the page to align the inserted cartridges.
Download the Free HP Officejet 5255 Driver and Manual
A printer driver controls all the functions of the printer from your device. To experience uninterrupted service, keep the printer driver updated. The user manual will be provided along with the printer. It includes all the details of the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer, instructions for setting it up, and troubleshooting guidelines for resolving printer issues.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver Download
You can either use the installation CD supplied along with the printer or download the driver from the manufacturer’s site. Choose a driver that is secure, updated, and compatible with your operating system. To get the driver in just one click, use the Driver Download button below. Find the step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the HP Officejet 5255 Setup driver in the following sections.
HP Officejet 5255 Manual Download
Manual for the HP Officejet 5255 printer includes all the information about the printer. You can find the manufacturer details, printer warranty details, instructions for carrying out printer functions, and troubleshooting guidelines for resolving common printer issues. To get the manual in PDF format, click the Download button.
How to Download HP OJ 5255 Driver?
- Click Start and search for device installation on your Windows OS. Select Device Installation Settings to open the window.
- Select Yes and click the Save Changes tab.
- Now connect the printer and computer via USB, wired network, or Wi-Fi.
- To establish a USB connection, get a USB cable, identify the end to be connected to the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer, and plug it into the printer.
- Connect the other end of the cable into the computer.
- When you see the Found a new hardware screen, follow the prompts on it to install the driver.
- If you are not able to print, use Add a Printer Wizard to install the driver.
- Open Devices and Printers on your Windows OS and click Add a Printer.
- Click Add a local printer and tap Next.
- Follow the prompts until the driver installation completes.
Installing HP Officejet 5255 Driver
- Power on the HP Officejet 5255 Setup and wait until it is idle.
- Plug out any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer’s rear port.
- Power on your computer and insert the installation CD into its hard drive.
- If you do not have the CD, download the driver by clicking the link given below.
- The driver should be compatible with the operating system of your computer. Save the downloaded file to a storage location on your computer.
- Open the Downloads folder, locate, and double-click the .exe file to run it.
- Choose a connection type when prompted and proceed by clicking Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the installer.
- Connect the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and computer when you receive a prompt on the installer screen.
- Print a test page for verifying the setup.
Setting Up HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup
You can easily access the printer from your device over a wireless network. Keep reading to know about these features to know how to use the features using which you can connect the printer to a wireless network.
How to Connect HP 5255 Printer to a Wireless Network?
- Get your network SSID and WEP/WPA passphrase.
- Disconnect the printer and computer.
- Connect your computer to your network.
- Select the Wireless option on the control panel. The printer will display the wireless screen.
- Open the Settings menu and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer searches for available networks and displays a list.
- Look for your SSID from the list of networks, select it, and then tap OK.
- Do as per the instructions on the screen until the setup is complete. Provide the WPA/WEP key if prompted.
- Now install the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer driver. Make sure to select the wireless connection type.
- Complete the setup by following the instructions on the screen.
HP Officejet 5255 Mobile Printing
Printers with mobile printing capability are easily accessible from any mobile device and from anywhere, using services such as Apple AirPrint, Cloud Print, HP ePrint, etc. AirPrint is supported on iOS devices running on version 4.2 and later.
Setting Up HP Officejet 5255 Cloud Print
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Check if you have installed the ink cartridges and loaded enough paper.
- Open the Chrome browser from your computer, and log in to your Google account.
- Type the chrome:// devices in the address bar and hit Enter. Wait until the Google Cloud Print searches for the printers connected to the network.
- Click the New Devices menu and select Register.
- Click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the page or confirm the registration on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait while the printer prints a confirmation page.
- If you are using an Android mobile, make sure the printer and your Android device are connected over the same wireless network.
- Open Google Play Store on your Android and install the Cloud Print tool from it on your computer.
- Open the tool and then tap the Settings menu. Select the HP Officejet 5255 Setup Printing option.
- Locate Cloud Print and select On. Disable other print service plugins if required.
- Choose the printer’s name and tap OK.
- Confirm the registration on the control panel, and wait while the printer prints the confirmation page.
Ink Cartridges for HP Officejet 5255
The HP Officejet 5255 supports both color and black ink cartridges. Use only genuine ink cartridges to avoid print quality issues.
Replacing HP OJ5255 Ink Cartridges
- Power up the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and wait until it makes no noise. Check if you have loaded enough paper into the input tray.
- Raise the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the left of the printer.
- Lift the lid on each slot. Remove the cartridge to be replaced.
- Now unwrap the new ink cartridges without touching the nozzles or contacts.
- Fix the new ink cartridge into the empty slot. Install the color cartridge into the left slot, and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Lower the access door, and wait until the printer prints an alignment page.
- Position the page on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid and tap OK on the control panel.
- Wait for your printer to align the cartridges and then tap OK.
Refilling of HP Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge
- Power up the printer and give it some time to finish its initialization process.
- Raise the HP Officejet 5255 Setup cartridge access door, and wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Lift the latch on its slot, and remove the cartridge to be refilled.
- Tear the label at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Get a new refill bottle and a syringe.
- Pierce the holes using a needle.
- Fill the ink from the syringe into the cartridge via the holes.
- Avoid over spilling of the ink. Blot out any excess ink using a tissue, and seal the holes using a tape.
- Reinsert the 123.hp.com/oj5255 cartridge into its slot and try to print.
How to Print on HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- The printer can print at high resolution. Load only compatible print media to get smudge-free clear images.
- Plug an end of the power cord into the printer’s rear and the other end to a nearby electrical outlet.
- Check if the printer is connected to the computer.
- Load enough paper into the input tray, and make sure the ink cartridges are correctly installed.
- Make sure the printer driver is updated, and the printer is set as the default printing source.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application and click File.
- Click the Print option and then choose Preferences.
- Select an appropriate orientation, margin, brightness, size, etc., and set other parameters for the document as per your requirement.
- Click Preview to view the document and modify the print settings if required. Click Print.
- Wait while the printer prints the document.
How to Perform Double-Sided Printing on HP 5255 Printer?
- Power on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and lower the input tray.
- Load a stack of plain sheets into the tray.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application.
- Click the File menu, and select Print.
- Select Printer Properties, and select the Printing Shortcut tabs.
- Look for the Two-sided (Duplex) printing, and then select Print on Both sides Manually option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Locate the Print on Both Sides option and then choose binding or page flip option.
- Select OK and then click Print.
- Remove the printed page, flip it and place it in the input tray. Click Continue on the Printer Preferences window.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- Connect the HP Officejet 5255 setup to a nearby power source.
- Power up the computer and keep it in the ready state.
- Ensure that the required printer software is installed on your computer before initiating the connection.
- Open the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer software on the computer.
- Choose Scan a Document or Photo in the printer software.
- Select a file type from the list of supported files and click Scan.
- Preview the file and make final changes to the scanned data.
- Click Add pages to add more pages, else click the Save option.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 5255 Printer to Computer?
- Make sure the full feature printer driver including the HP Scan software is installed on your computer.
- Power on the Officejet 5255 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Raise the scanner lid, place the original document on the scanner glass, and lower the lid.
- Search for HP on your Windows, and select the printer’s name to open the HP Printer Assistant window.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo. The HP Scan window opens.
- Preview the scan and make necessary changes.
- Specify the destination for saving the scanning data.
- Save the changes you have made by clicking OK.
How to Perform HP Officejet 5255 Scan to Email Function?
- Place the original document on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Make sure that the print side of the document faces the glass.
- Double-click the printer icon on your computer’s desktop. Else, click the Start menu and select All Programs.
- Locate the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer in the Devices and Folder option.
- Select the printer’s icon, and click Scan a document or photo in the printer software.
- Select a scan job type and click Scan.
- Choose the Email as PDF or Email as JPEG.
- You will now receive an email attached with the scanned document.
How to Perform HP Officejet 5255 Scan to pdf Function?
- Place your original document on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Click the Start menu on your computer and search for HP in the search field.
- Select the HP Officejet 5255 setup.
- Click Scan and then select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the Save as PDF on the HP Scan window that opens.
- Load the next page on the glass and click ‘+.’ Repeat the step until you finish scanning all the pages. After scanning all the pages, click Save.
- Open the Save as type menu and select PDF.
- Rename the file to which you want to save the scanned data, and click Save. All the scanned files will be saved in a single file.
How to Copy on HP 5255 Printer?
- Pull the paper input tray out and insert a stack of plain paper in it. Extend the output tray as well.
- Lift the scanner lid, and place your original document with its print side down on the scanner glass. Lower the lid.
- Select Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer’s control panel.
- Open the Settings menu on the printer’s control panel for accessing the advanced copy settings.
- Modify the copy settings as per your requirement.
- Choose appropriate paper size and type, tray, quality as per the media loaded into the input tray.
- Select Start followed by Start Black, Start Color, or OK to initiate copying.
- Wait while the document is being copied and collect the copy from the output tray.
How to Fax from HP 5255 Printer?
Faxing is a secure means to share your documents compared other email or other sources. HP Officejet 5255 Setup is a fax-capable multi-functional printer that can fax your documents to any recipient fax machine.
- Get a phone cord and connect your phone wall jack to the 1-LINE jack of the printer.
- Connect an answering machine to the 2-EXT jack of the printer using another phone cord.
- Go to your computer and open Fax Setup Wizard.
- Alternately, you can also use the Fax Setup menu on the printer’s control panel to set your preferences.
- Tap the Fax icon on the control panel and change the necessary settings.
- Provide a suitable Fax header and specify the number of rings to answer the phone call. Choose Fax volume, dial type, etc.
- Mount the document that you want to fax on the scanner glass. Dial the receiving fax number on the control panel.
How to Factory Reset HP Officejet 5255 Printer?
- The printer settings can be reset to factory defaults from the control panel or the HP software.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Locate the Setup icon on the control panel and tap it. Select Tools.
- Touch the Restore Factory Defaults option.
- Turn the printer off and power it on after a few seconds. The printer settings are now reset.
- Alternately, you can try the following steps for resetting the printer.
- Press the Back button 4 times. The Support menu appears.
- Select the Resets menu and then choose a type of reset.
- Partial reset is for refreshing the printer and clearing unnecessary memory.
- The semi-full reset clears out the custom settings from the printer and the full reset eliminates all the settings from the printer.
HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
Quick and clear troubleshooting steps for fixing some of the common issues the printer encounters, such as Offline error, quality issues, paper jams, etc., have been given on the page. Refer to the guidelines and proceed to fix the issue in no time.
Why is my 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Offline?
The offline error indicates the communication failure between the printer and your computer. If you have connected the printer over a wireless network, the offline issue may be due to network instability. Carry out the instructions below to fix the problem.
- Power off the HP Officejet 5255 Setup and plug the USB cable. Examine the cable, and replace it if it is damaged or worn out.
- Download and install the Windows compatible HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your computer. Open the software and click Start.
- Select the HP Officejet 5255 printer and proceed with the on-screen prompts.
- If the printer continues to remain offline, power cycle the printer and restart the printer.
- Plug the power cord back to the printer, and power on the printer manually if it does not turn on automatically.
- If you have established a network connection, restart the router.
- Try to print. If the issue persists, open the Devices and Printers window on your Windows computer and right-click the printer’s name.
- Click the Set as Default Printer option and try to print a document. If you are unable to print, continue with the next step.
- Try updating the printer firmware from the printer’s control panel or the manufacturer’s website.
- If all the preceding steps did not prove to be helpful, the next step towards resolving the issue is reinstalling the printer driver.
- Click Start and select Programs and Features on your Windows OS. Locate HP Software and Uninstall it.
- Download the printer driver by clicking the Driver Download link given on the page and install it. Reconnect the printer to the computer and try to print.
Why is my HP OJ5255 won’t Scan?
The scanner may not scan due to communication failure between the scanner and the computer. You may receive the ‘Computer not found’ or ‘Scanner not found’ error when the issue occurs.
- Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and install it.
- Open the software, click Start, and then add the printer.
- Select Fix Scanning to test the scanner, and follow the instructions appearing on the screen to fix the issue.
- Remove and reinstall the printer software
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear port of the printer.
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows and select the Programs option.
- Click the Uninstall Program option. A list of all the programs installed will be displayed.
- Choose the HP Officejet 5255 Setup’s name and click Yes on the uninstall confirmation window.
- Make sure the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer is switched on and in the ready state.
- Check if you have installed the cartridges and loaded enough paper.
- Download the printer driver and save it to a storage location on your computer.
- Run the setup files, and do according to the instructions of the installer to complete the driver installation. Make sure to choose the correct connection type.
- Try to scan. If the issue persists, proceed with the next steps.
Why is my HP 5255 not Printing Black Ink & Color Ink?
- Plug out the USB cable connected to the printer before carrying out the troubleshooting procedure.
- Ensure that genuine ink cartridges are loaded into the printer.
- Click Start and click the Programs and Features window on your Windows OS.
- Select the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and click Uninstall.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control alert pop-up and follow the prompts until the software uninstalls.
- Now open the Devices and Printers folder, go to the Printers section, and double-click the icon of your printer.
- Click Remove and follow the on-screen instructions until the printer is removed.
- Reinstall the printer software using the installation CD or by downloading it.
- Restart the printer and try to print. If the issue persists, change the print job settings.
- Reset the printer and print a test page.
How to Resolve HP OJ5255 Paper Jam Issue?
Paper jam issue usually occurs when the paper or other torn paper bits get stuck in the trays or cartridge access area. Refer to the instructions below to fix the problem.
- Power on the Officejet 5255 printer and wait until it is silent.
- Remove the power cord from the rear of the printer and the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the cord to the HP Officejet 5255 Setup and power on the printer manually if it does not power up on its own. Check if the error is fixed.
- Pull the paper input tray out and remove any torn paper bits from the tray. If the issue persists, follow the steps below.
- Open the access door, and wait for the carriage to come to a halt. Use a torch to check and clear jammed paper inside the printer from the carriage access area.
- Check if the carriage is able to freely across the printer’s width.
- If the issue persists, get a wet cloth to clean the paper feed rollers to wipe off any dust or dirt buildup. Close the access door once the rollers are dry.
- If the printer displays the error even after carrying out all the above steps, contact your manufacturer to get your 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer serviced.