Top of the Line 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Guidance
To setup the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer for the first time, unpack the printer, connect to the power source, load paper into the input tray, install ink cartridges, and install the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup driver software.
HP Officejet 5740 First Time Printer Setup
- After taking out the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer from the container, remove all protective tapes and packing stuff from the outside of your printer, including any special design on the printer control panel.
- Open the scanner cover, remove all tape and packing materials from the scanner glass, and then close the scanner cover.
- Open the ink cartridge access cover, remove all protective tapes and packing kinds of stuff from inside the printer, and then close the cover.
- Pull the input tray outside, take out the output tray, and then remove all packing stuff from the photo paper tray.
- Push the photo paper tray inside, with the input tray pulled out.
- Glide the paper width guides outside, and then remove all tape and packing materials from inside the input tray.
- Replace the output tray on the input paper tray, and then push in the input tray until it locks into place.
Power connection and setting up basic preferences
- Bridge the power wire to the rear of the printer, and then insert the other end of the power wire into a wall outlet.
- Turn the printer to an active state. Touch your preferred language on the control panel, and then touch Continue.
- Select your unique country/region, and then tap Continue Setup.
- Change the month, day, and year, and then tap Continue.
- Set the time, and then lightly press Continue to accomplish the preferences HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup.
- Draw open the input tray and then shove in the photo tray as far as possible.
- Glide the paper width guides in the input tray as far as possible.
- Push the paper stack into the input tray until the paper stops, and then gently glide in the paper width guides until they slightly rest on the edges of the paper.
- Impel input tray until it clicks into place. In case the tray is not locked, paper jams can occur.
- If the control panel screen shows, When the Have You Changed the Paper?, change the tray, paper type settings, and paper size if different from the paper you previously loaded, or tap OK to save the existing 123.hp.com/oj5740 paper settings.
Install ink cartridges:
- Uplift the ink cartridge access door by placing two fingers under the small holds of the cartridge access door and then uplift it.
- Now the control panel shows the message ‘The cover or door must be closed to print. Check that it is completely shut.
- Take out one of the cartridges from its container. Be attentive to touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Drag away the orange label to detach the protective tape.
- Lodge the new cartridge at a modest upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently propel on the cartridge until it snaps into place.
- Load the tri-color ink cartridge into the left and black cartridge into the right place.
- Do these steps again to set up the other ink cartridges.
- Shut the cartridge access door and proceed with OK command on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 control panel.
- Wait for a few minutes until the printer calibrates and place the cartridges correctly.
- The printer prints an alignment page, when the calibration completes.
Set up Software:
- When the hardware setup is complete, turn on a network router and bridge your printer and computer to the same network connection.
- Download and install the updated driver software, firmware on your computer.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver Manual Download
How To Download HP Officejet 5740 Driver (Windows)
Install the driver softwrae to convert the data format of a file stored on your computer in a way that the printer can understand. Download the printer driver software from the Manufacturer site. To download it right here, click the driver download link given below.
HP Officejet 5740 Driver Download (Mac)
Printer driver software converts the data format of a file stored on your Mac computer in a format that printer can understand. Connect to the manufacturer site and download the driver software that supports the printer model and your OS version. To download the full feature driver package right now, click the download button below.
Download HP Officejet 5740 Manual download
A user manual is nothing but technical documentation that helps us to learn about the printer setup, printer software installation, and printer issues troubleshooting efficiently. Download the manual from the manufacturer site for your printer model. Click the manual download button given below to download the User Manual right now.
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup
How To Connect HP Officejet 5740 Printer To Wireless?
- Activate the power connection to your network router and turn it on.
- Connect your router with a broadband or DSL cable connection that might provide high-speed internet connectivity.
- Protect your internet connection with a network name and security password.
- Switch on your HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable, if already connected.
- Tap the Wireless icon > Settings.
- Tap Wireless Settings and then press Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Follow the instruction shown on the panel screen and connect to the wireless network.
- The printer connects searches for the list of available nearby networks.
- Find your network name in the list of search list and tap it.
- If it prompts to enter the WPA/WEP key and then tap OK.
- Find your printer connected to the network.
How To Find WPS Pin On HP Officejet 5740 Printer?
- Tap the Wireless icon or symbol on the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer control panel.
- Tap the Wireless Menu then the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Choose the Generate PIN option.
- Go with the instructions shown on the control panel display and proceed with OK or yes options.
- Now the HP printer displays a unique PIN (Personal Identification Number) to type that into the wireless router’s setup screen.
- Type the PIN on the wireless router.
- HP Officejet 5740 printer detects the wireless network and configures the connection automatically.
- You can also find the WPS password by printing a info page from the Embedded Web Server.
How To Print On HP Officejet 5740 Printer
- Switch your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer to an active state.
- Link your printer to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Place enough paper in the input tray to complete the print job.
- Inspect the ink levels in the cartridges and ink cartridge installation.
- Open the file or image you need to print and then click on the File menu.
- Click the Print option to view the print settings and edit the print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences.
- Choose the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format in the Layout tab as you need.
- Save all the changes by clicking the OK option and then click Print to start printing.
How To Copy On HP Officejet 5740 Printer
- Switch on your HP Officejet 5740 printer.
- Make sure that the printer is active and connected to the network.
- Place the original document on the scanner platen with the print side facing down on the right front corner. Touch the Copy option on the home screen of your control panel.
- Choose the number of copies and other settings on the printer control panel.
- Tap the Settings menu to allocate the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup paper size, paper type, quality, and other copy settings.
- Tap the Back or Return symbol to back to the Copy screen.
- Tap the Black or Color option to begin Copying. If you want to scan an original two-sided document, scan the next side manually by following the above steps.
How To Scan From Hp Printer
- Switch your HP Officejet 5740 printer to an operating state.
- Spread out a network connection from the network router.
- Connect your personal computer and HP Officejet 5740 printer to the same network connection.
- Open the scanner cover and mount the photo or document you have to scan on the scanner platen or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Mount the thing you like to scan with the printed side down on the platen, and then place it in accordance with the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner cover.
- Locate and lightly press the Scan button/icon on the control panel.
- Find the thumbnail of the scanned file on the computer window and choose the file name and format and then the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
- Scanning Double-Sided Documents On HP Officejet 5740
- The HP Officejet 5740 printer does not have any option for the duplex scan. Hence you need to scan two-sided with HP Scan manually.
How To Scan From HP Officejet 5740 Printer To Computer
- Turn on your computer and 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Switch on the network router and establish an internet connection.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network connection.
- Download the HP Scan software and full feature driver installation software and then install it on your computer.
- Place the scanning document on the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Open the HP printer assistant on your computer and click the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- The HP Scan app opens up.
- Find the preview of your scanned file on the computer screen.
- Do the appearance changes and save the file on your computer after choosing the file format and destination folder.
How To Fax From HP Officejet 5740 Printer
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Load enough paper into the main paper tray and install the ink cartridges properly.
- Use a telephone cable to connect your HP Officejet 5740 printer to a landline telephone service.
- Connect one end of the wire into the phone wall outlet and the other to the 1-LINE plug at the back of the printer. Find the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your necessary fax preferences and settings.
- Locate and touch the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu to print a test report. Check the fax results and some instructions to sort out the fax setup issues.
- Place the thing you have to fax on the scanner platen or in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Now the control panel shows the message as Document loaded.
- Dial the receiver fax number on the printer control panel and then lightly press the Black Color Send button to send the fax message to the receiver. Now the printer prints the fax report. Check if the fax sent successfully or an error occurred, from the printed fax test report.
How To Reset HP Officejet 5740 Printer
- Locate and tap the Setup menu or Wrench icon on the control panel.
- Press Printer Maintenance and then press Restore.
- Locate and tap Restore or Reset Factory Defaults.
- Unplug the power wire at the rear printer while the printer is active.
- Remove the power wire from the power source or wall outlet.
- Reinsert the electric wire into the power source or wall outlet directly with out any stabilizing unit after one or two minutes.
- Plug the power wire at the rear side of the HP printer.
- Turn the printer on with the power button, if it does not.