Top of the Line 123.hp.com/oj5740 Printer Guidance
To setup the 123.hp.com/oj5740 printer for the first time, unpack the printer, connect to the power source, load paper into the input tray, install ink cartridges, and install the HP Officejet 5740 Printer Setup driver software.
HP Officejet 5741 First Time Printer Setup
- After taking out the printer from the carton, detach all tape and packing materials from the printer outer surface and the special unique stickers on the printer control panel.
- Open the top of the scanner, unfasten all tape and packing materials from the scanner glass, and then lower the scanner lid. Open the ink cartridge access cover, unfasten all stripes and packing things from inside the printer, and then close the access cover.
- Place paper in the input tray.Draw open the input tray, take out the output tray, and then clear off all fastened tapes and packing things from the photo tray.
- With the paper tray taken out, propel in the photo tray.
- Glide out the width guides, and then clear off all tape and packing things from inside the input tray.
- Place the output tray again on the paper tray, and then propel in the input tray until it sets into place.
- Assure that you have removed all the printer hardware and materials from the carton before discarding the carton and other packing materials.
- Insert one end of the power cable to the rear of the printer, and then the next end into an electrical socket or wall outlet.
Set up basic preferences
- Press the power control button to turn on the printer.
- On the printer control panel, pick your language, and then press Continue.
- Choose your country/region, and then press Continue Setup.
- Pick the month, day, and year, and then tap Continue.
- Set up the time, and then touch Continue to finish the preferences setup.
- Pull the input tray in the direction of you to open it.
- Propel in the photo tray as far as possible.
- Glide out the width guides in the input tray as far as possible.
- Push the pile of paper into the input tray until it stops, and then gently glide in the paper width guides until they rest against the corner of the pile. Push in the input tray until it snaps into a place. If the paper tray is not locked into space, paper jam issue may occur.
Install ink cartridges
- Open the cartridge access cover by keeping your two fingers under one or both of the handles on both the sides of the cartridge access cover and then lifting it.
- Unpack one of the ink cartridges from its package. Be aware of holding only on the black plastic sides of the cartridge.
- Drag the orange tab to remove the safety tape.
- Set the new cartridge into the empty slot at a slight upward angle, and then slowly push in the cartridge until it snaps into the opening.
- Set the tri-color cartridge into the left side and the black cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Install the other cartridge using the same above-said steps, if necessary.
- Shut the cartridge access cover. If the printer’s control panel prompts anything, proceed with the OK option.
- Hold on until the printer calibrates and aligns the ink cartridges. The printer begins to print an alignment page once the calibration and alignment completed.
- If the printer does not print an alignment page,
- Assure that you have placed the clean white paper into the main paper tray.
- Tap Setup on the printer control panel.
- Press Printer Maintenance, and then tap Align Printer.
- Proceed with the instructions appears on the control panel to finish the alignment process.
- Once the alignment completes, the printer starts to print an alignment page. At last, Tap OK on the control panel.
Set up Printer software
- When you are completed with the hardware setup, connect your printer to a network that has fast connectivity.
- Find the download link below in our site, click on it to download the driver software file to your computer.
- Install the driver software on your computer and then try to work on your printer.
HP Officejet 5741 Driver manual download
Download HP Officejet 5741 Manual
A User Manual helps us in terms of technical aspect to know about the printer setup, driver software installation, and printer issues troubleshooting efficiently. Download the manual from the manufacturer site for your HP Officejet 5741 printer model. Or click the manual download button given below to download the User Manual right now.
How To Download HP Officejet 5741 Printer Driver
To change the file format saved in the computer in a style the printer can read and print, need to download a driver file and install it on your computer.Download the Driver software from the manufacturer site for your HP Officejet 5741 printer model. Click the Driver Download button to download the driver file for your Windows computer.
HP Officejet 5741 Wireless Setup
- Turn on a network router.
- Provide internet access to the network router using broadband services such as DSL cable connection for downloading the driver software, using the web services, updating driver and firmware.
- Connect your computer to the network.
- Turn the print operative, if the printer is on sleep mode.
- Place the printer and computer within the range of the router network.
- Tap Wireless symbol on the printer control panel and then tap Settings symbol that looks like a gear.
- Press Wireless settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now the printer searches for the list of available nearby networks.
- Pick your printer name from the list of search results.
- If you have secured your network with a security key, enter the WPA or WEP security passphrase to connect to the network.
- Download and install the driver software. Select the connection type as Wireless connection while installing the driver software and complete the wireless setup.
HP Officejet 5741 Mobile Printing
Over an active internet connection, you can send any document from your mobile devices to print on the HP Officejet 5741 printer using mobile printing. Various mobile printing options that support in HP Officejet 5741 printer are, AirPrint, Eprint, CloudPrint, etc.
HP Officejet 5741 Airprint Setup
- Check and ensure that your iOS device is version 4.2 or later version.
- Enable wireless network connection.
- Connect your Apple device and printer to the same network connection.
- Open the image or file that you wish to print.
- Click the menu option and locate the Print option.
- Set up the number of copies, and other printing options.
- Choose the printer and then tap the Printer icon or Print option to start printing.
HP Officejet 5741 Eprint Setup
- Tap the HP ePrint button on the printer control panel.
- If the button does not exist, navigate to the Web Services Setup > Network Setup > Wireless Settings
- If it prompts for enabling Web Services or setup HP ePrint, press Enable, or Setup.
- Follow the setup instructions shown on the control panel, and then proceed to the next step.
- If Web Services is enabled already, a Web Services Summary or connected status is shown.
- Click Print or Print Info to print an information page that is printed with the unique email address of your printer.Add the item that you need to print as an attachment in an email and send it to the printer’s email address. Now the printer prints the mailed attachment.
HP Officejet 5741 Cloudprint Setup
- Switch on your computer and connect it to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Turn your printer awake, if it is on sleep mode.
- Connect your printer to the network as same as your computer.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Sign in to your personal Google account.
- Open a new tab and enter chrome://devices in the address bar.
- If your printer name is listed under New devices, select your printer and click on Register and confirm your choice.
- If your printer prompts to add your printer to the CloudPrint, proceed with OK command.
- Now your printer will be listed under My Devices.
- Open the web page that you wish to print and click Settings.
- Find the print option in the menu list and click it.
- Select your printer to print the web page.
How To Fax From HP Officejet 5741 Printer
- Get a telephone cable to set up the fax. Use the telephone cable that you bought with the printer. If the original cable is not available, use a cable that has two wire leads with connectors.
- Couple the telephone cable to the wall jack and the 1-LINE socket at the rear of the printer.
- Connect a phone cord to the answering machine, if answering machine and to the 2-EXT socket on the back of the printer. By connecting the answering machine with your printer allows you to record voice calls clearly without recording the unnecessary noises from incoming or outgoing faxes.
- Change the fax settings based on your preferences and save all your changes.
- The HP software comes up with guided fax setup settings like the Fax Setup Wizard in Windows and for Mac computer, the Basic Fax Settings tool.
- Navigate on the printer control panel to find the Fax or Setup menus.
- Send sample fax and check if the fax settings work properly. And also the printer prints a fax report that shows whether the fax sent successfully or not.
- Place the document that you need to fax on the scanner glass.
- Assure that plain paper is loaded into the input tray to print any fax reports after sending the fax.
- Check and ensure your phone line is not in use currently. Pick up the phone connected to the same phone line as the fax and hear for a dial tone. Dial the recipient fax number from your printer.
- Press the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax.
- Confirm your fax is being sent when you hear high-pitched sounds.Now your printer prints a fax report. Read the fax report to know if the fax sent successfully, or if an error occurred.
How To Scan From HP Officejet 5741 Printer
- Press the power control to be awake the printer from sleep mode.
- Set up a network connection from the network router and then link your computer and HP Officejet 5741 printer to the same network connection.
- Make sure that the network connection is active.
- Connect to the manufacturer site and download the full feature driver package to your computer.
- Position the photo or document that you like to scan on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Place the item that you wish to scan on the scanner glass.
- Place the thing with the side that to be scanned facing down on the scanner glass, and then set it according to the engraved guides.
- Lower down the scanner cover.
- Load the item into the feeder tray with the print side facing up with the short edge goes first into the tray and the side that to be scanned should face up.
- Slide the width adjustment guides to position the paper into the tray.
- Press the Scan button/icon on the printer’s control panel.
- View the thumbnail of the scanned document on your network-computer and then enter the file name and select the format
- Choose the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
- Save the file to your computer in your desired path and then share or print the file as you wish.
How To Scan From HP Officejet 5741 Printer To Computer
- Connect your computer to a network that has high-speed internet connectivity.
- Download the full feature driver package from the manufacturer site and install it on your computer.
- Locate and open the HP Printer Assistant application on your computer.
- Click the Print, Scan, and Fax option to open HP Easy Scan.
- Pick the printer name from the drop-down list and then choose the job type from the Presets menu.
- Click Scan to begin the scan process.
- Hold until scan process completes and then view the thumbnail of the scanned item on your network connected computer.
- Pick the destination folder on your computer to save and type a file name.
- Tap OK or Save option to save the file.
HP Officejet 5741 Scan To Email
- The Scan to Email feature only works when a local client of an email, such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or, Live Mail, is already available on your computer.
- Web email accounts like Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo mail should be configured through your local email client. Pick your computer name from the Scan menu, and then pick Email as PDF.
- Enter and search Windows for HP from the start menu, and then choose your printer name.
- Click Scan > Scan a Document or Photo. Now the HP Scan window opens on your computer screen.
- Pick an email shortcut, and then select the Scan option.
- Now the scan preview window opens.
- Click Send and check if a new email message automatically opens with the scan attached.
- If you need to print the scan document, forward the attachment the printer email address.
How To Copy On HP Officejet 5741 Printer
- Awake your HP Officejet 5741 Printer to the active condition after connecting to a stable power source.
- Assure that ink cartridges levels are full and sufficient papers are loaded into the main paper tray.
- Position the original thing that you need to copy on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder. Press Copy on your printer control panel.
- Click Settings to view the advanced copy settings. Select the number of sides to be copied and then change the other copy settings like paper size, paper type, quality, enhancements, etc.
- Back to the Copy screen after setting up all the changes.
- Press the Start Black or Start Color.
- Tap OK to begin copying process.
How To Print On HP Officejet 5741 Printer
- Awake your printer, if it is on sleep mode.
- Open the input tray and load sufficient paper into the input tray.
- Do not bend or wrinkle the paper, while loading it.
- Close the input tray and extend the output tray extender.
- Open the file or image that you need to print.
- Click the File menu and select Print.
- Now the general print settings window opens.
- Set your necessary print settings and save all your changes.
- Click Print to print the document.