HP Officejet 5743 Printer
Take the HP Officejet 5743 printer out from the carton, connect the printer to the power source, set your necessary preferences, install the ink cartridges and then download and install the driver software to set up the printer for the first time.
How To Setup HP Officejet 5743
- Take out the printer from the container, unfasten all tape and packing items from the outer surface and the unique design labels on the printer control panel.
- Raise the top of the scanner, unfasten all tape and remove packing items from the glass platen, and then lower the scanner top.
- Open the ink cartridge access doorway, detach all stripes and packing items from inside the printer, and then close the access doorway.
- Place paper in the input tray
- Drag open the input tray, take the output tray out, and then remove all fastened stripes and packing items from the photo tray.
- Push the photo tray inside, with the paper tray drawn out.
- Glide out the width guides, and then clear off all tape and packing things from inside the input tray.
- Insert the output tray again on the paper tray, and then push the input tray inside until it sets into place.
- Be sure that you have removed all the printer hardware and materials from the carton before disposing of the container and other packing materials.
Set up basic preferences
- Insert one end of the power cable to the rear of the printer, and then the next end into a wall outlet.
- Press the power control to turn on the printer.
- Access the printer control panel and pick your language, and then press Continue.
- Select your unique country/region, and then tap Continue Setup.
- Choose the month, day, and year, and then tap Continue.
- Pick up the time, and then press Continue to finish the preferences setup.
- Draw the input tray in the direction of you to open it.
- Push the photo tray inside the printer as far as possible.
- Glide out the width guides in the input tray as far as possible.
- Propel the paper pile into the input tray until it stops, and then gently glide in the guides until they rest against the corner of the pile.
- Propel in the input tray until it fixes into a place. If the paper tray is not locked into space, paper jam issue may take place.
Install ink cartridges
- Open the cartridge access top by keeping your two fingers under one or both of the handles on the sides of the access cover and then lifting it.
- Unwrap one of the ink cartridges from its package. Be attentive to touching only on the black plastic sides of the cartridge.
- Pull the tab on the cartridge away to remove the safety tape.
- Place the new cartridge into the slot at a little upward angle, and then push in the cartridge at a slow pace until it snaps into the opening.
- Set the tri-color ink cartridge into the left side and the standard black cartridge into the right side of the slot.
- Place the other cartridge into their respective slots using the same above-said steps, if necessary.
- Shut the cartridge access cover.
- Be patient until the printer calibrates and aligns the ink cartridges.
- Now the printer starts the calibration and alignment and then prints the alignment page.
Set up Printer software
- When you have finished the hardware setup, link your printer to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Locate the download link on our website and click it to download the driver file to your computer.
- Install the full feature driver software on your computer and then try to work on your printer.
HP Officejet 5743 Driver manual Download
Download HP Officejet 5743 Manual
A technical document that helps to know about the printer hardware setup, driver installation, and troubleshooting printer issues efficiently. Download the manual from the manufacturer site for your HP Officejet 5743 printer model. Click the manual download button to download the User Manual right here.
How To Download HP Officejet 5743 Driver
Convert the file data saved in the computer into a format that the printer can read and print, need to download a driver file and install it on your computer. Download the driver software for the computer from the manufacturer site for your HP Officejet 5743 printer model. Select the Driver Download button to download the driver file for your computer.
HP Officejet 5743 Wireless Setup
How To Connect HP Officejet 5743 Printer To Wireless?
- Switch on your wireless network router.
- HP mostly recommends using the broadband services such as DSL cable connection for downloading the driver software, using the web services, updating driver and firmware.
- Connect your computer to the network.
- Turn the printer active, if the printer is on sleep mode.
- Position your printer and computer within the range of the router network.
- Press Wireless symbol on the control panel of your printer and then tap Settings symbol.
- Press Wireless settings and then tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now your Officejet 5743 printer detect for the list of available nearby networks.
- Pick the name of your printer from the list of search results.
- If you have secured your network connection with a security key, enter the security passphrase to link to the network.
- Download and install the driver software after downloading from our site.
- When prompts to choose the connection type, select the Wireless connection type while installing the driver software and complete the wireless setup.
HP Officejet 5743 Mobile Printing
With the assistance of an active internet connection, you can share any document from your mobile devices to print on the HP Officejet 5743 printer using mobile printing. Several mobile printing options supported in HP Officejet 5743 printer are, AirPrint, Eprint, CloudPrint, etc.
HP Officejet 5743 Airprint Setup
- Check and assure that your Apple iOS device is version 4.2 or later because earlier versions may not support this feature.
- Set up a network connection using a network router.
- Make sure you have connected your Apple device and printer to the same network connection.
- Tap open the image or file that you wish to print on your HP Printer.
- Tap the menu symbol and then press Print.
- Set up the number of copies, and other printing options available to change.
- Choose the printer option and then tap the Printer icon or Print option to start printing.
HP Officejet 5743 Eprint Setup
- Press the HP ePrint button on your printer control panel.
- When the button does not exist or work, navigate to the Web Services Setup > Network Setup > Wireless Settings
- If it prompts for enabling Web Services or setup HP ePrint, press Enable, or Setup.
- Follow the setup instructions shown on the control panel, and then proceed to the next step.
- If Web Services is active already, a Web Services Summary or connected status is shown.
- Tap Print or Print Info to print an information page that is printed with the unique email address of your printer.
- Add the thing that you need to print as an attachment in an email and send it to the unique email address of your printer.
- Now the printer prints the attachment that you sent over the mail.
HP Officejet 5743 Cloudprint Setup
- Make your computer active and connect it to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Turn your printer into an active state, if it is on sleep mode.
- Link your printer to the network as same as your computer.
- Open Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Sign in to your personal Google account.
- Open a new tab and enter chrome://devices in the address bar.
- If your printer name is listed under New devices, select your printer and click on Register and confirm your choice.
- If your printer prompts to add your printer to the CloudPrint, proceed with OK command.
- Now your printer will be listed under My Devices.
- Open the web page that you wish to print and click Settings.
- Find the print option in the menu list and click it.
- Select your printer to print the web page.
How To Print On HP Officejet 5743 Printer
- Switch your printer to active mode, if it is inactive.
- Open the input tray and load sufficient paper into the input tray.
- Do not bend or wrinkle the paper, while loading it.
- Push the input tray inside and extend the output tray extender.
- If you need to print photo, load photo paper into the input photo tray.
- Open the file or photo that you need to print.
- Click the File menu and select Print.
- Now the print settings window opens on a new window.
- Alter the print settings as you wish and save all your changes.
- Finally, click Print to print the document.
How To Copy On HP Officejet 5743 Printer
- Awake your HP Officejet 5743 Printer to the active state after pairing with a stable AC source.
- Make sure that ink levels are full in the cartridges and sufficient blank papers are loaded into the main paper tray.
- Place the original item that you need to copy on the scanner platen or in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Ensure that you have placed the document properly.
- Tap Copy on the control panel of your printer.
- Click Settings to view the advanced copy settings.
- Choose the number of sides to be copied and then change the other copy settings like paper size, paper type, quality, enhancements, etc.
- Return to the Copy screen.
- Tap Start Black or Start Color.
- Press OK to begin copying process.
HP Officejet 5743 Scan Setup
How To Scan From HP Officejet 5743 Printer
- Press the power control to activate the printer from sleep mode.
- Set up a network connection from the network router and then link your computer and HP Officejet 5743 printer to the same network connection.
- Make sure that the network connection is active.
- Browse to the manufacturer site and download the full feature driver package to your computer.
- Open the top of the scanner platen.
- Place the document or photo that you like to scan on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- When your place the scan thing on the scanner glass, place the thing you want to scan with the scanning side facing down on the scanner glass, and then set it according to the engraved guides.
- Lower down the scanner cover.
- Place the item into the feeder tray with the print side facing up with the short edge goes into the tray first.
- Slide the width adjustment guides to position the paper into the tray.
- Press the Scan button/icon on the printer’s control panel.
- View the thumbnail of the scanned document on your network-computer and then enter the file name and select the format
- Choose the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
How To Scan From HP Officejet 5743 Printer To Computer
- Set up a network that has high-speed internet connectivity and links your computer with the network.
- Download the full feature driver package from the manufacturer site and install it on your computer.
- Ensure that HP Easy Scan is included in the package, if not download and install it on your computer.
- Search and open the HP Printer Assistant application on your computer.
- Click the Print, Scan, and Fax option to open HP Easy Scan.
- Pick the printer from which you are going to scan and then choose the job type from the Presets menu.
- Click Scan to begin the scan process.
- Hold until scan process completes and then view the thumbnail of the scanned item on your network connected computer.
- Pick the destination folder on your computer to save and type a file name.
- Click OK or Save option to save the scanned file to your computer.
How To Fax From HP Officejet 5743 Printer
- Obtain a telephone cord to set up the fax. Use the telephone cord that you bought with the printer. If the original cable is not available, use a cord that has two wire leads with connectors.
- Plug the telephone cord to the wall jack and the 1-LINE socket at the rear of the printer.
- Join a phone cord to the answering machine, if answering machine and to the 2-EXT socket on the back of the printer.
- By joining the answering machine with your printer allows you to record voice calls clearly without recording the unnecessary noises from incoming or outgoing faxes.
- Edit the fax settings based on your preferences and save all your changes.
- The HP software comes up with guided fax setup settings like the Fax Setup Wizard in Windows and for Mac computer, the Basic Fax Settings tool.
- Navigate on the control panel of your printer to find the Fax or Setup menus.
- Send sample fax and check if the fax settings work properly on your printer. And also the prints a fax report that shows whether the fax sent successfully or not.
- If you know that the recipient is in office or home and sharing their phone line with the fax machine, contact them to inform them that you are going to send a fax.
- Place the document that you need to fax on the scanner glass.
- Check and ensure that plain paper is loaded into the input tray to print any fax reports after sending the fax.
- Check and ensure your phone line is not in use currently. Pick up the phone connected to the same phone line as the fax and hear for a dial tone.
- Dial the fax number of the recipient from your printer.
- Press the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax.