Full 123.hp.com/oj8040 Printer Setup
Unwrap the printer and remove the packing materials, load adequate paper into the input tray, install ink cartridges and install the driver software for setting the HP Officejet 8040 printer for the first time.
HP Officejet 8040 Unboxing
Unpack the printer
- Unpack the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer, remove all safety tapes and packing materials from outside the printer, including unique designs on the printer control panel.
- Uplift the top of the scanner glass, remove all tape and packing materials that kept for safety from the scanner glass, and then close the scanner top.
- Open the ink cartridge access lid, remove all tape and packing materials from inside the printer, and then close the lid.
- Draw open the input tray, remove the output tray, and then remove all packing materials and tapes from the photo tray.
- Push the photo tray in, with the paper tray pulled out.
- Adjust the paper width guides, and then remove all packing items and protective tapes from inside the main tray.
- Propel the input tray inside the printer until it snaps into place.
- Plug the electric wire to the back of the HP Officejet 8040 Setup, and then plug the other end into the wall outlet.
- Press Power switch to turn on the printer.
- Pick your desired language, unique country/region, on the printer control panel and then tap Continue Setup.
- Set the month, day, time, and year, and then touch Continue to save the 123.hp.com/oj8040 preferences settings.
- Drag the input tray outside the printer and push the photo tray inside until it stops at a place.
- Rejig the paper width guides in the input tray to their far positions.
- Load enough paper into the main tray with the short edge facing front of the printer.
- Propel the paper stack inside, and then gently move paper width guides towards the paper stack until they lightly rest against the length of the paper. Propel in the input tray until it locks into place.
Ink cartridges installation
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Unwrap one of the cartridges from its package. Be attentive to touch only on the black plastic sides on the cartridge.
- Clear off the protective tape from the ink cartridge. Slide the new ink cartridge at a small upward angle into the aperture, and then slowly propel on the cartridge until it fixes into place.
- Fix the tri-color cartridge into the left aperture and the black cartridge into the right aperture.
- Replicate the above said installation steps to install the other 123.hp.com/oj8040 cartridge.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the printer starts calibration and aligns the ink cartridges. Once the calibration and alignment is complete, the printer prints an alignment page.
Print software Installation
Set up the printer on a network connection that has high-speed connectivity. Download the driver software file from the download link provided on our website or from the manufacturer site to your computer and install it. Try to print using your printer.
Download HP Officejet 8040 Driver
How To Download HP Officejet 8040 Driver
Printer driver software converts the data format of a file stored on your computer in a format that printer can understand. Connect to the manufacturer site and download the driver software that supports the printer model, your operating system and its version. To download the full feature driver package easily, click the download button below.
Download HP Officejet 8040 Manual
An User Manual is a file that helps us in technical aspect to learn about the printer setup, printer software installation, and printer issues troubleshooting efficiently. Download the manual from the manufacturer site for your HP Officejet 8040 printer model. Or click the manual download button given below to download the 123.hp.com/oj8040 User Manual right now.
HP Officejet 8040 Wireless Setup
How To Connect HP Officejet 8040 Printer To Wireless
- Check and assure the network router, HP Officejet 8040 printer and the computer is active.
- Subscribe to a DSL cable or use broadband connection to provide high-bandwidth and fast connectivity.
- Protect your internet connection using a network name (SSID) and security password.
- Separate the USB cable from the printer, if already connected.
- Move to the home screen of your control panel and press the Wireless icon.
- Tap the Settings menu.
- Press the Wireless Setting from the Settings menu and then 123.hp.com/oj8040 Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now your HP Officejet 8040 Setup starts to look for the list of the available nearby network and displays the search result.
- Lightly press your network name and then enter the security key to join to the network.
- If your network name is not in the list, enter your network name manually and the security password and then connect to the network.
HP Officejet 8040 Mobile Printing
Mobile Printing process of using a smart device like a smartphone, tablet, iPad, iPod, etc., to send data to a printer through a wireless network and getting printed out of it. Several mobile printing options, including HP ePrint, cloud printing, HP Smart app, and Wi-Fi Direct, etc., can be used in 123.hp.com/oj8040.
HP Officejet 8040 Airprint Setup
- Check and ensure that the HP Officejet 8040 printer and your Apple device are in operating condition.
- Assure your Apple device (like iPhone, iPod, iPad, etc.,) and printer are linked to the same network connection that has high-speed internet access.
- Open the item you need to print on your Apple device.
- Press the Share option on the screen.
- Navigate to reveal the print button on the bottom row.
- Tap the print icon.
- Assure the HP Officejet 8040 printer is selected, and right print settings are enabled.
- Tap the Print option after assuring the print settings.
- Back to the HP Officejet 8040 Setup and check if the printer prints the thing that you need to print.
HP Officejet 8040 Eprint Setup
- Switch on your HP Officejet 8040 printer and connect it to a network.
- Press the HP ePrint button on your printer control panel.
- In case if the HP ePrint icon is not there, navigate on your printer control panel and find Wireless Settings. Navigate to the Web Services menu and tap Web Services Summary.
- Find your 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer unique email address and note it down.
- If any prompt displayed on the screen to turn on Web Services or Setup HP ePrint, tap Enable or Setup.
- Add your HP printer’s unique email address to your contact book for easy ingress.
- Create a email and then add the thing as an attachment that you would like to print, not more than 10 MB in total size.
- Type your printer’s unique email address in the To: space, or pick it from your contact book.
- Click Send to print the email.
HP Officejet 8040 Cloudprint Setup
- Turn on your HP Officejet 8040 printer.
- Place unused paper into the main paper tray and ensure the ink cartridges are properly installed.
- Link your smart device and printer to the same 123.hp.com/oj8040 network connection.
- Download the Cloud Print plugin app from the Google Play Store and install it on your smart device.
- Open Settings and type Printing in the search bar, and then locate and click the Printing option.
- Reveal and tap ON next to Cloud print and deactivate other plugin services.
- Tap Cloud Print, touch the main menu symbol and then select Add Printer.
- The Cloud Print application begins to detect the list of printers connected to the same network.
- Click on your printer name from the search list, and then press OK when it prompts.
- Open the item that you like to print and then setup the necessary print settings.
- Click on your printer name and then press the Print option to print the file.
How To Print On HP Officejet 8040 Printer
- Switch your HP Officejet 8040 printer to an active state.
- Link your 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer to the network that has high bandwidth and functional connectivity.
- Place adequate paper in the input tray required to complete your print job.
- Check levels of ink in the cartridges and then assure proper ink cartridge installation.
- Open the file or photo you have to print and then click the File menu.
- Click the Print option from the file menu to check and edit the print settings.
- Edit the print settings as per your preferences.
- Save all the changes that you have made and then click Print to start printing.
How To Copy On HP Officejet 8040 Printer
- Make sure that the printer is active and connected to the network.
- Raise the scanner platen until it snaps in a place.
- Place the original document on the platen with the print side facing down on the right front corner.
- Press Copy on the home screen of your HP Officejet 8040 Setup control panel.
- Choose the number of copies to be printed, single or double side scan and other copy settings on the printer control panel.
- If you need to print a Black and White copy, tap the Start Black option.
- If you need to print a colored copy, tap the Start Color option.
- To scan a two-sided original, scan both the sides manually.
How To Fax From HP Officejet 8040 Printer
- Turn on your HP Officejet 8040 printer and place paper in the main paper tray and then install the ink cartridges properly.
- With the help of a telephone cable connect your HP Officejet 8040 Setup to a landline telephone service.
- Raise and load the photo or document you need to fax on the scanner platen.
- Ensure the control panel displays the message as Document loaded.
- If the message is not shown, place the document on the platen properly and then try again.
- Dial the fax number of the recipient on the 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer control panel and then lightly press the Black Color Send button to fax the message to the receiver.
- Now the printer prints the fax report. Check if the fax sent successfully or an error occurred, from the printed fax test report.
- If any error occurs, try to send fax sometimes later.
How To Factory Reset HP Officejet 8040 Printer
- Without turning off the HP Officejet 8040 printer, disengage the USB wire from the printer back.
- Disconnect the power wire from rear of the printer and wait for few minutes.
- Disengage the other end of the power cord from the wall socket and leave to printer to be remain idle for few minutes.
- Reconnect the power wire and turn on the printer, if it fails to turn on automatically.
How To Scan From HP Officejet 8040 Printer
- Join your computer and 123.hp.com/oj8040 printer to the same network connection that has high-speed internet connectivity.
- Download and install the full feature driver package on your computer after downloading from the manufacturer site or from the link provided in our site. Uplift top of your scanner and mount the item you wish to scan on the platen with the printed side facing down. Lower the top of the scanner.
- Locate and press the Scan option on the control panel.
- Find the image of the scanned item on the network-connected computer.
- Pick a file name, format and destination folder to save the file on your computer.
- How To Scan From HP Officejet 8040 Printer To Computer
- Switch on your PC and HP Officejet 8040 printer after connecting to a alternating current source.
- Activate the router and establish an network connection with high-bandwidth and functional connectivity.
- Connect your PC and HP Officejet 8040 printer to the same wireless network connection.
- Download the full feature driver installation software and then install it on your computer.
- Place the item to be scanned on the platen with the printed side facing down or in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) with the printed side facing up.
- Search and run the HP printer assistant application and then select Scan a Document or Photo option.
- The HP Scan app opens up.
- Set your preferences and click Scan and then wait until the scan process finishes.
- Find the preview of your scanned file on the computer screen. Alter the necessary scan appearance changes and then save the file on your computer after choosing the 123.hp.com/oj8040 file format and a folder to save.