Complete 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 Printer Setup Guidance
To setup 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 Printer for the first time, unpack the printer from the box, remove all the packing materials, connect to the power source, set all your preferences, load paper into the main tray and then download the HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup driver software to install it on your computer.
How To Setup HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer
Unpack your HP Printer
- Take the 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 Printer out of the container.
- Clear off the all packing materials from outside the printer.
- Place your fingers on the left side slots of the printer, and then slowly elevate to disclose the cartridge access door.
- Clear all tape and packing materials from the paper tray, carriage, ink cartridge area, and scanner bed.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Check and ensure that you remove all hardware and materials from the box.
Load paper into the main tray
- Uplift the output paper tray and then clasp the input tray handle, and then pull out the tray.
- Place the paper guides at their extreme outermost position and load plain paper in the main paper tray.
- Do not load any wrinkled or crumpled paper because of that cause paper jam issues.
- Move the paper guides toward the paper until they slightly rest against the paper stack edge.
- Push the main tray inside the HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup until it locks in place.
- Elongate the tray extender after lowering the output tray, and then extend the paper catcher.
- Link one end of the power wire at the rear printer and then plug the other end of the power wire into an electrical wall outlet.
- Turn on your printer after pressing the power button.
- Navigate over the 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer control panel and select your preferred language and then select Continue to confirm your preference.
- Touch the screen to choose your specific country/region, and then press Continue Setup.
- Swipe the screen to set the month, day, and year and to set the time, and then touch Continue.
- Tap the Settings symbol to choose a 24-hour format and then touch Continue.
Ink cartridge installation
- Position your fingers into the aperture on the left side of the printer, and then slowly elevate up to open the cartridge access door.
- Wait for a few minutes until the carriage becomes immobile and silent before you proceed to the next process.
- Detach the new ink cartridge from its package, and then pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Hold the cartridge on its sides, and then twist the protective orange cover in a counter-clockwise direction to snap it off the cartridge. Turn the cartridge so that its contacts face downward, and then compare the color on the label with the color mark on the carriage.
- Place the ink cartridge into its respective slot, and then gently press the cartridge down until it locks into a place. Install all the other new cartridges by following the above-said steps.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Wait until the printer aligns the ink cartridges. The 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer prints an alignment page when the alignment completes.
Printer software installation
After setting up the hardware, connect printer and computer to a network connection. Download and install the driver software on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Manual Download
A user manual is nothing but technical documentation that helps us to learn about the printer setup, printer software installation, and printer issues troubleshooting efficiently. Download the manual from the manufacturer site for your 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer model. Click the manual download button given below to download the User Manual right now.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Driver Download (Windows)
Download the driver software and install it on your computer to convert the data format of a file stored in your computer in a way that the printer can understand. Enter your printer model name in the Manufacturer site to download the driver file. To download it right now, click the driver download button given below.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Driver Download (Mac)
Printer driver software converts the data format of a file stored on your Mac computer in a format that HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup can understand. Connect to the manufacturer site and download the driver software that supports the printer model and your OS version. To download the full feature driver package right now, click the download button below.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Driver Installation
- Switch on your HP Officejet Pro 6800 printer.
- Connect to the network connection and download the driver software on your computer.
- Download the full feature driver software directly from the link provided on our website or from the manufacturer site.
- Find the downloaded driver software from the browser download path.
- Extract the driver zip file and wait until the extraction completes.
- Find the Setup.exe file from the package and run the file.
- Now the software installation screen opens up. Click Continue and then choose the list of recommended software to be installed along with the driver software.
- Click Next and then go after with the driver installation steps shown on the screen.
- When the installation screen requests to choose the Connection Option, choose the printer’s network connection type. Network check window opens up and click Next when network checking completes and proceed with the installation steps.
- If you are installing in your Mac, select your Printer name when Print Using menu prompts to select.
- Try printing on your HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup when the installation process completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Wireless Setup
- Turn on a network router and bridge it with the broadband or DSL connection.
- Check and ensure that the network has high-speed connectivity.
- Protect your internet connection with a network name and security password (WEP key or WPA password).
- Place your printer and computer nearer to the router to get a good signal strength.
- Unplug the USB wire connected between the computer and printer, if already connected.
- Access to the printer control panel and then touch the Wireless icon.
- Tap Wireless menu > Wireless settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now the printer starts to search for the list of networks available nearby your computer.
- Click on your 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer name from the list of the network.
- Enter the security password, when it prompts to enter the WEP or WPA key.
- If your network name is not listed, touch Enter Network Name.
- Enter your network name manually and then type the password and get connected to the network.
- Download and install the updated driver software. Choose Wireless Connection when it prompts to select the printer connection type during the installation.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Wireless Direct Printing
- Turn on your 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer after linking to the stable power source using a power wire.
- Click the Wireless direct icon/button to display the Wireless direct menu.
- Enable Wireless Direct and then enable security options if you wish.
- Click the Wireless icon on the taskbar of your computer. Choose your printer name in the list of networks to connect to the network.
- To connect your mobile device, turn on the Wi-Fi and search for wireless networks. Select your printer, (Example: ‘HP Officejet pro 6800’) on your printer’s control panel.
- Open a file or photo that you need to print and then click the File menu.
- Choose the Print option and then select your printer.
- Alter and save your necessary print settings and then click Print.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Mobile Printing
Mobile Printing is nothing but using a smart device like a smartphone, tablet, iPod, etc., to send data to a printer wirelessly and print. 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer and many other printer models support several mobile printing options, including the ePrint cloud printing, HP Smart app, and Wi-Fi Direct.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 eprint
- Switch on your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer, load a pile of white paper into the main paper tray.
- Check and confirm the ink or toner cartridges are correctly installed, and ink levels are high.
- Touch the HP ePrint button or icon on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 control panel.
- Tap Setup, and then follow the instructions shown on the control panel to turn on Web Services.
- Select Print or Print Info. Inspect if the printer email address appears on the control panel.
- If the printer unique email address is not displayed, wait until the printer prints the info page with a printer email address. If the printer email address is not displayed, wait a few hours, and then try printing the info page again.
- Open the thing you want to print. Tap the Action symbol or Share icon.
- Tap the Email choice to open a new email message. Enter your printer’s email address in the To area.
- Type in the email subject line, and then tap Send.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Airprint
- Turn your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod) active.
- Switch on your the HHP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup.
- Connect your printer to a network with high-speed internet connectivity.
- Check and confirm that the mobile data or Wi-Fi is on and the internet connection is active.
- Touch the Wireless symbol or open the Network Settings menu to view the network connection status.
- Install the ink cartridges properly and the load a pile of blank paper into the input tray.
- Open the image or file you want to print, and then touch the Action symbol or Share icon.
- Select the Print option or the Print icon to open Printer Options.
- Select your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer by tapping the Select Printer option.
- Edit the print job settings and then tap the Print option or Print icon.
How To Print On HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer?
- Switch your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer to an active state.
- Connect to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Load enough paper to complete the print job.
- Examine the ink levels in the cartridges and ink cartridge installation.
- Open the file or image you need to print and then click on the File menu.
- Select the Print option to view the general print settings.
- Edit the print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences.
- Choose the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format in the Layout tab as you need.
- Save all the changes by clicking the OK option and then click Print to start printing.
How To Print Double Side On HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer?
- HP 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer supports both automatic and manual duplex printing.
- Open the file you need to print and click the File menu.
- Select the print option from the file menu to view the general print settings.
- Choose your printer name to print the file.
- Click Printing Properties and check if the Printing Preferences or Document Properties screen appears.
- Select Print on Both Sides option or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing in the available printing shortcut.
- Set up your necessary print settings and click Save to save all your changes.
- Click the Print option to start Automatic Duplex Printing.
- If the double-sided printing shortcut is unavailable, try printing double-side manually.
How To Scan On HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer?
- Turn on the HP Officejet pro 6800 printer.
- Establish a network connection from the network router.
- Connect your computer and HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup to the same network connection.
- Load the picture or document on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- To load in Scanner Glass: Place the thing you want to scan with the printed side down on the scanner platen, and then place it in accordance with the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- To load in Automatic Document Feeder: Place the thing into the document feeder tray with the print side faces up and the short top edge goes into the tray first. Slide the width guides to fit the thing.
- Touch the Scan button/icon on the control panel.
- Click the Scan button on the printer to start the scan process.
- Find the thumbnail of the scanned file on your computer and choose the file name and format and then the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
- Scanning Double-Sided Documents On 123.hp.com/ojpro6800. The HP Officejet pro 6800 printer does not have any option for the duplex scan. Hence you need to scan two-sided with HP Scan manually.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Scan To Email
- Make sure the following needs for the scan to email feature. If you do not meet these needs, attach the file manually to your email message.
- Scan to email works when a local client, such as Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook, is installed and set up on your computer.
- Web-based email accounts must be configured through your local email client to scan.
- Start the scan process.
- From the Scan menu, choose your network-connected computer name, and then tap Email as PDF option.
- If the touchscreen option is not available, check with the below steps to scan from the computer.
- Open HP Printer Assistant application and click Scan > Scan a Document or Photo.
- Check if the HP Scan application opens. Click an email shortcut, such as Email as JPEG or Document to Email, and then select Scan.
- Check if the scan preview window opens and then click Send.
How To Copy On HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer?
- Switch on your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer.
- Make sure that the printer is active and connected to the network.
- Place the original document on the scanner platen with the print side facing down on the right front corner. Touch the Copy option on the home screen of your control panel.
- Choose the number of copies and other settings on the HP Officejet Pro 6800 Printer Setup control panel.
- Tap the Settings menu to allocate the paper size, paper type, quality, and other copy settings.
- Tap the Back or Return symbol to back to the Copy screen.
- Tap Black or Color option to begin Copying. If you want to scan an original two-sided document, scan the next side manually by following the above steps.
How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6800 To Computer?
- Turn on your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Power on your network router and then connect your computer and 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer to the network.
- Disconnect the USB wire, if already connected.
- Tap the wireless icon and then click Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Tap on your network name and enter the security passphrase to connect to the network.
- Add your printer to the computer and set it as your default printer.
- Connect it to the network and download the driver software.
- Install the driver software and select the connection type as a USB connection, when it prompts to select. If it prompts to connect the USB, plug it between your printer and computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Factory Reset
- Remove all wires and memory cards from the 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 printer.
- Plug out the power wire, directly from the printer backside while the printer is active.
- Remove the wire from the power source.
- If the power module is there on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.
- Plug the electric wire into a wall outlet directly after one or two minutes. Do not through a surge protector or battery backup.
- Plug the power wire into the rear of the HP printer.
- Turn the printer on with the power button, if it does not.
HP Officejet Pro 6800 Firmware Update
- Assure that your HP Officejet pro 6800 printer is on active condition and connected to a network.
- Browse the Manufacturer site on your web browser and enter your Printer model name in the search box. Choose the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab.
- Choose your computer operating system and OS version in the list of available option and then click update. Click the Download symbol next to the Firmware option to download the firmware file to your computer.
- Check the download path for the firmware setup file and open it and then follow the instructions shown on the computer screen. If the serial number appears, click the checkbox next to it and tap Update. Tap OK when the update completes.
- If the serial number is not displayed, wait for a few minutes to get the serial number and complete the 123.hp.com/ojpro6800 firmware update.