Instructuion Guidelines for 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 Printer
To setup 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 Printer for the first time, take out the printer from the box, remove all the packing materials, connect to the power source, set all your preferences, load paper into the main tray and then download the driver software to install it on your computer.
How to Setup the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
Unpack your HP Printer
- Take the Printer out of the container.
- Clear off the all packing materials from outside the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer.Place your fingers on the left side slots of the printer, and then slowly elevate to disclose the cartridge access door.
- Clear all tape and packing materials from the paper tray, carriage, ink cartridge area, and scanner bed.
- Shut the cartridge access door. Check and ensure that you remove all HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup hardware and materials from the box.
Load paper into the main tray
- Elevate the output tray and then hold the input tray handle, and then pull out the tray.
- Move the paper width guides as far as possible and load plain white paper in the main paper tray.
- Glide the paper width guides towards the paper until they slightly rest against the edge of the paper stack. Move the input tray into the printer until it locks in place.
- Pull out the output tray extender after lowering the tray, and then extend the paper catcher.
- Bridge the power cable to the printer backside and then plug the other end of the power cable into an electrical wall outlet. Switch the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Tap your preferred language, on the printer control panel and then select Continue to confirm your preference.
- Touch the screen to choose your specific country/region, and then press Continue Setup.
- Swipe the screen to set the month, day, and year and to set the time, and then touch Continue.
- Tap the Settings symbol to choose a 24-hour format and then touch Continue.
Ink cartridge installation
- Spot your fingers into the aperture on the left side of the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup, and then slowly elevate up to open the cartridge access door.
- Wait for a few minutes until the carriage stops moving and silent before you proceed to the next process.
- Detach the new ink cartridge from its package.
- Pull the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Hold the cartridge on its sides, and then twist the protective orange cover in a counter-clockwise direction to snap it off the cartridge.
- Turn the cartridge so that its contacts face downward, and then compare the color on the label with the color mark on the carriage.
- Place the ink cartridge into its respective slot, and then gently press the cartridge down until it locks into a place.
- Install all the other new cartridges by following the above-said steps.
- Shut the cartridge access door.
- Wait until the printer aligns the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 ink cartridges. The HP Officejet pro 6830 printer prints an alignment page when the alignment completes.
Set up Software:
- When the hardware setup is complete, turn on a network router and bridge your printer and computer to the same network connection.
- Download and install the updated driver software, firmware on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Driver Manual download
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Manual Download
User manual is nothing but a document that helps us to understand the printer setup and problem resolving steps quietly. Click the Manual download button to download the User Manual.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Driver Download (Windows)
To convert the file format stored in your computer in a way the printer can understand and print, you have to download a HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup driver file and install it on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Driver Download (Mac)
Connect to the Manufacturer site. Enter the HP Officejet pro 6830 Printer in the search box and find the full feature driver package. Click the download button to download.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Driver Installation
- Switch on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer.
- Load enough paper into the main paper tray and install the ink cartridges properly.
- Connect to the network connection and download the driver software on your computer.
- Download the full feature driver software that suits your 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer from the Manufacturer site or directly from the link provided in our website.
- Find the downloaded driver software from the browser download path.
- Extract the driver zip file and wait until the extraction completes.
- Find the Setup.exe file from the package and run the file.
- Now the software installation screen opens up.
- Click Continue and then select the list of recommended software to be installed with the driver software.
- Click Next and then follow with the installation steps shown on the screen.
- When the installation screen prompts to select the Connection Option, select the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup’s network connection type.
- Network check will begin and click Next when it completes and proceed with the following steps.
- Try printing on your printer when the installation process completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Wireless Setup
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6830 to Wireless?
- Turn on the network router and connect it with the broadband or DSL connection.
- Check and ensure that the network has high-speed connectivity to use the web services, download driver software and install printer updates.
- Secure your internet connection with a network name and password (WEP key or WPA password).
- Place your printer and computer nearer to the router to get a good signal strength.
- Unplug the USB cable connected between the computer and HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup, if already connected. Access to the printer control panel and then touch the Wireless icon.
- Tap Wireless menu > Wireless settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now the printer starts to search for the list of networks available nearby your computer.
- Click on your printer name from the list of the network.
- Enter the security password, when it prompts to enter the WEP or WPA key.
- If your network name is not listed, touch Enter Network Name.
- Enter your network name manually and then type the password and get connected to the network.
- Download and install the updated driver software. Choose Wireless Connection when it prompts to select the printer connection type during the installation.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Wireless Direct Printing
- Turn on your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer after bridging to the stable power source using a power cable.
- Click the Wireless direct icon/button to display the Wireless direct menu.
- Enable Wireless Direct and then enable security options if you wish.
- Click the Wireless icon on the taskbar of your computer. Choose your printer name in the list of networks to connect to the network.
- To connect your mobile device, perform the steps below.
- Tap the Settings icon on your mobile.
- Locate the Wi-Fi option and enable it.
- Wait while the mobile searches for available 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 wireless networks.
- Select your printer, (Example: ‘HP Officejet pro 6830’) on your printer’s control panel.
- Open a file or photo that you need to print and then click the File menu.
- Choose the Print option and then select your printer.
- Edit and save your necessary print settings and then click Print.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Mobile Printing
Mobile Printing is nothing but using a smart device like a smartphone, tablet, iPod, etc., to send data to a printer wirelessly and print. HP Officejet pro 6830 printer and many other 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer models support several mobile printing options, including the ePrint cloud printing, HP Smart app, and Wi-Fi Direct.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 ePrint
Know your Printer’s Email address:
- Switch on your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer, load a pile of white paper into the main paper tray.
- Check and confirm the ink or toner cartridges are correctly installed, and ink levels are high.
- Touch the HP ePrint button or icon on the control panel.
- Tap Setup, and then follow the instructions shown on the control panel to turn on Web Services.
- Select Print or Print Info.
- Inspect if the printer email address appears on the control panel.
- If the printer unique email address is not displayed, wait until the printer prints the info page with a printer email address. If the printer email address is not displayed, wait a few hours, and then try printing the info page again.
Print from a smart device
- Open the thing you want to print. Tap the Action symbol or Share icon.
- Tap the Email choice to open a new email message. Enter your 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer’s email address in the To area. Type in the email subject line, and then tap Send.
Print an email
- Tap the email you want to print, and then locate and tap Forward.
- Forward it to your Printer’s email address.
Print a webpage
- Open the webpage, and then tap and hold the screen to select all and copy the content displays on the screen.
- Paste the content into a new blank document, and then save it to your device.
- Attach the document to an email message and address it to your HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup email address. Find the printer print the webpage document.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Airprint
- Turn your Apple device active.
- Switch on your the HP Officejet pro 6830 printer.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer to a network connection with high-speed internet.
- On your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod), check and confirm that the mobile data or Wi-Fi is on and the internet connection is active.
- Touch the Wireless symbol or open the Network Settings menu to view the network connection status.
- Confirm the printer is active, ink cartridges are installed correctly, and a pile of blank paper is loaded into the input tray.
- Open the image or file you want to print, and then touch the Action symbol or Share icon.
- Select the Print option or the Print icon to open Printer Options.
- Select your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer by tapping the Select Printer option.
- Edit the print job settings and then tap the Print option or Print icon.
How to Print On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
- Turn your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer active.
- Connect to a network that has high-speed connectivity.
- Load enough paper to complete the print job.
- Examine the ink levels in the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 cartridges and ink cartridge installation.
- Open the file or image you need to print and then click on the File menu.
- Select the Print option to view the general print settings.
- Edit the print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences.
- Choose the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format in the Layout tab as you need.
- Save all the changes by clicking the OK option and then click Print to start printing.
How to Print Double Side On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer supports both automatic and manual duplex printing.
- Open the file you need to print and click the File menu.
- Select the print option from the file menu to view the general print settings.
- Choose your printer name to print the file.
- Click Printing Properties and check if the Printing Preferences or Document Properties screen appears.
- Select Print on Both Sides option or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing in the available printing shortcut.
- Set up your necessary print settings and click Save to save all your changes.
- Click the Print option to start HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup Automatic Duplex Printing.
- If the double-sided printing shortcut is unavailable, try printing double-side manually.
How to Scan On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
How to Scan On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
- Turn on the HP Officejet pro 6830 printer.
- Establish a network connection from the network router.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same network connection.
- Load the picture or document on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
- Place the thing you want to scan with the printed side down on the scanner platen, and then place it in accordance with the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
Automatic Document Feeder (ADF):
- Place the thing into the document feeder tray with the print side faces up and the short top edge goes into the tray first. Slide the width guides to fit the thing.
- Touch the Scan button/icon on the control panel.
- Click the Scan button on the printer to start the scan process.
- Find the thumbnail of the scanned file on your computer and choose the file name and format and then the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
- Scanning Double-Sided Documents On HP Officejet pro 6830
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer does not have any option for the duplex scan. Hence you need to scan two-sided with HP Scan manually.
How to Copy On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer?
- Switch on your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer.
- Make sure the printer and your computer are connected.
- Raise the scanner cover and check if the platen is clean.
- Place the original document on the scanner platen with the print side facing down on the right front corner. Touch the Copy option on your printer control panel home screen.
- Choose the number of copies and other settings on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer control panel.
- Preview the scan and make any final edits.
- Tap the Settings menu to allocate the paper size, paper type, quality, and other HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setup copy settings.
- Tap the Back or Return symbol to back to the Copy screen.
- Tap Black or Color option to begin Copying.
- If you want to scan an original two-sided document, scan the next side manually by following the above steps.
How to Fax On HP Officejet Pro 6830 Printer
- Use a telephone cable to connect your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer to a landline telephone service.
- Connect one end of the cord into the phone wall outlet and the other to the 1-LINE plug at the printer backside. If an answering machine is available, then use it to record voice calls without recording the unwanted noises from faxes.
- Connect another phone cord between the answering machine and the 2-EXT socket at the rear printer.
- Swipe and locate the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your necessary fax preferences and settings. Locate and touch the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu to print a test report. Check the fax results and some instructions to sort out the fax setup issues.
- Place the item you want to fax on the scanner tile or in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and then load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Enter the receiver fax number on the printer control panel and then click the Black Color Send button to send the fax message. Check if the printer prints the fax report. Check if the fax sent successfully, or if an error occurred from the printed fax test report.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6830 to Computer
- Turn on your HP Officejet pro 6830 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Power on your network router. Use a DSL cable or broadband connection to the router for downloading driver software, getting the printer updates and to use web services.
- Obtain the Network name and security passphrase (WEP or WPA2 password) to secure your wireless network connection. Disconnect the USB cable, if already connected.
- Switch on your printer and tap Wireless icon.
- Click Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now the printer searches for the list of network available nearby it.
- Tap on your network name in the search result and enter the security passphrase.
- Turn on your computer, if it is not already active.
- Add your printer to the computer and set it as your default printer.
- Connect it to the network and download the driver software.
- Install the driver software and select the connection type as a USB connection.
- If it prompts to connect the USB, plug it between your printer and computer.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Firmware Update
- HP periodically releases upgraded printer firmware version with many enhancements in the HP Officejet Pro 6830 Setupproduct and bug fixes.
- The applications on your printer control panel might receive updates, based on your printer model. To get good output from the printer, use to update the firmware regularly.
- Assure that your printer is in operating condition and connected to a network connection.
- Browse the Manufacturer site on your web browser and enter your Printer model name in the search box.
- Choose the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab.
- Choose your computer operating system and OS version in the list of available option.
- Find the driver software, firmware update and other printing, scanning software listed.
- Click the Download symbol next to the Firmware option to download the firmware file to your computer.
- Look in the download path for the 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 firmware setup file and open it and then follow the instructions shown on the computer screen.
- If the serial number appears, click the checkbox next to it and tap Update. Tap OK when the update completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Factory Reset
- Remove all cables and memory cards from the printer.
- Plug out the power cable, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is active.
- Remove the other end of the cable from the power source.
- If the power module is there on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.
- Plug the electric cable into a wall outlet directly after one or two minutes (but not through a surge protector or battery backup).
- Plug the power cable into the rear of the HP printer.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 printer should power up automatically.
- Turn the printer on with the power button, if it does not.