Complete Setup Procedure for 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 Printer
The 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 is an All-in-One multifunctional printer that can perform high-end printing functions. It has mobile printing capability that lets you connect your mobile to the printer and print from a remote location. The printer is compatible with various print media. The instructions for printer’s basic hardware setup and installation, and guidelines for using performing the printing and scanning.
How to set up the HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer?
- Lift the printer from the box and peel off the tapes and packing materials on the printer.
- For enhanced visibility, peel off the sticker on the control panel.
- Raise the scanner lid and remove any plastic material on the glass.
- Unwrap the power cord supplied along with the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer. Plug its one end into the printer and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Turn the printer on and set your preferences. Select your language, country/language, and tap Yes.
- Raise the access door and wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges and pull the orange tab to remove the cartridges.
- With the contacts facing down, insert the cartridges into appropriate slots. The color of the cartridge should match with the label on the slot.
- Draw the input tray out and place enough paper in it.
- The control panel will display a message to align the ink cartridges. Pull the tray extender and tap OK.Wait until the printer prints the alignment page. Elevate the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup scanner lid and place the page with its print side down on the scanner glass.
- Tap Scan and wait until the alignment completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 manual and driver download
A printer driver is essential for accessing the printer from a device. Drivers are of two major types, namely the full feature and the basic driver. With the full-feature driver, you can access all the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 advanced printer features while the basic driver can be used only to perform the basic functionalities. The links for downloading the driver and manual are given below.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Download
- Open the Manufacturer’s site in your web browser.
- Type as HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer in the search bar.
- Choose your operating system.
- Click Printer in the Let’s identify your product to get started page that opens.
- Enter the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer model number, and click submit.
- Go to the Driver menu.
- Select the Basic Driver or full feature software package.
- Alternately, to easily download the driver, give a click on the Driver Download button on the page.
- The file will be saved as the .exe file on Windows and .dmg file on Mac.
- Proceed with the installation.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Installation
- If you have the setup disc, insert it into the computer’s hard drive and run the setup files.
- Keep following the prompts until the installation completes.
- If you have downloaded the driver, open the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup Downloads folder and locate the .exe or .dmg file.
- Double-click the file to begin the installation.
- Accept the terms of the installer and click Next.
- If prompted, select the language, purpose of installation, region, etc., and click the Next tab.
- When prompted to select a connection type, click the USB or Network option as per your choice.
- Connect your printer to the computer when you receive a prompt to do so.
- The computer will detect the printer and establish a connection with it.
- Try to print a test page for verifying the connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wreless Setup
The HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer functions efficiently over wireless network. The setup can be carried out using the Wireless Setup Wizard, Wi-Fi Protected Setup or via Autowireless connect. The WPS method, in turn, can be carried out by Push button or PIN method.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6968 to Wireless Network?
- Power up your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer, router, and computer. Make sure the network is stable.
- Keep your network SSID and WEP/WPA key ready before proceeding with the setup.
- Connect your computer to the wireless network to which you want to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup.
- Tap the Setup icon and then select Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer’s control panel.
- The printer will start searching for the available networks and display a list.
- Select your network SSID from the list and tap OK to confirm it.
- If the Officejet Pro 6968 printer is not listed, you can add it manually by selecting the Enter the New Network name option.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts to add the network.
- Provide the WEP/WPA password if prompted and tap Done.
- The printer will connect to the network. Try to print to verify the connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wi-Fi Setup
- The printer can be connected to the Wi-Fi via the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- Select the Setup icon on the control panel and tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Select either the Push button or the PIN option.
- If you have chosen the Push button method, press the WPS button on the router immediately (within 2 minutes).
- The printer will now recognize the network and connect to it.
- If you have selected the PIN method, wait until the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer displays the PIN.
- Note the PIN, go to your router, open the Configuration utility and enter the PIN on it.
- If the Officejet printer does not connect to the network, print a wireless test report to know if there is an issue.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Direct Printing
- Power up the Officejet 6968 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Make sure the printer driver is installed on your computer.
- Tap the Wireless Direct icon on the control panel.
- Select the Network Setup menu.
- Choose Wireless Direct. Select the On or On with security option if you want to have a secure connection.
- Locate the Wireless icon on the taskbar of your computer and click it.
- Select the HP-Print-xx-Officejet Pro 6968 printer from the list of networks.
- Provide the security passcode if prompted.
- Open a document for printing using suitable software, and click the File menu.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer and then select Print. Wait for the printer to print the document.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Mobile Printing
The Officejet Pro 6968 printer has mobile printing capability. The ePrint, AirPrint, HP Smart App are some of the mobile printing solutions supported by the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 ePrint
The ePrint lets you send print jobs from your device to the printer via email. Refer to the steps below to quickly print via ePrint.
- Power on the Officejet 6968 printer and tap the ePrint icon on the control panel.
- Enable Web Services on the printer. Tap the Print or Print Info option.
- Wait while the printer prints the Information page. Locate the email address for the printer.
- Open your browser and sign into your email account. Provide the printer’s email address in the ‘To:’ field.Do not forget to give a subject for the mail. Attach the document you want to print, and click Send.
- To print an email, open the mail that you want to print, and select Forward.
- Enter the email address of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer in the To field and then select Send.
- To print a webpage, open the page and select the entire content by pressing the Ctrl and A keys together. Open a new blank document and paste the content.
- Log into your email account and mail the document to the printer’s email address.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 AirPrint
AirPrint is another mobile printing service that lets you access the printer from Mac computer and iOS mobile of version 4.2 and later.
- Ensure that the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup is turned on and in the ready state.
- Connect it to a wireless network using the wireless setup Wizard or WPS.
- Connect your iOS device to the same wireless network.
- Select a document for printing and then tap the Share icon.
- Touch the Print option. Find the Officejet 6968 printer from the list of devices, and select it.
- Change the print settings and select the required number of copies. Click Print.
- To print from Mac, open a document or photo that you want to print.
- Click the File menu and select Print.
- Check if the Officejet Pro 6968 printer is listed in the Printers menu.
- Open the Print Using menu and make sure the AirPrint or Secure AirPrint is displayed. Proceed with printing.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Ink Cartridge
The printer supports black, cyan, magenta, and yellow ink cartridges. Load only genuine ink cartridges to avoid print quality issues.
How to Replace Officejet Pro 6968 Ink Cartridges?
- Raise the cartridge access door and wait until the carriage moves to the cartridge access area.
- Do not proceed until the carriage stops moving.
- Release the cartridge to be replaced by slightly pressing it down.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge. Pull the orange pull-tab back to peel off the plastic wrap.
- Remove the orange cap by twisting it.
- With the contacts facing down, load the cartridge into the empty slot.
- Repeat the steps to replace the other HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup cartridges.
- Make sure the color on the cartridge matches with the label on the slot.
- Close the access door and wait for the printer to print an alignment page.
- Scan the alignment page to perform the cartridge alignment.
How to Check Ink Levels in HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
- Power on your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer.
- Tap the ink drop icon on the control panel.
- The control panel will display an estimated level of ink in each cartridge.
- The ink level can also be viewed on the HP software.
- Download the HP Smart application from the Windows Store.
- Open the application and add the Officejet Pro 6968 printer to it. View the ink level on the home screen.
- Alternately, you can use the HP Print and Scan software to check the ink level from your Windows OS.
- Launch the software and select your printer. Go to the Printers section and click Supply Levels to view the ink level.
- If you are a Mac user, click the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
- Click Printers and Scanners and select the printer’s name.
- Choose Options and Supplies and then give a click on the supplies tab. The ink level for each cartridge will be displayed.
How to Print On HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
- Turn on your HP Officejet Pro 6968 printer and connect it to a network connection that has fast internet access.
- Load a pile of blank sheets on the input tray and check the ink cartridges installation and then the ink level. Open the document or photo that you need to print.
- Edit the photo or document appearance, document properties, layout options, before printing the document.
- Click the File or the Menu icon and then tap the Print option to view the general print settings.
- Click the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 Printer Properties, Properties, and Preferences based on what displays on your computer screen.
- Find the Document Properties or Printing Preferences window opens on your computer screen.
- Access to the options like Layout, Quality and Advanced Print Settings.
- Change a variety of print options like Orientation, Source, Paper Type, Paper Size, Duplex or Two-sided Printing, etc., according to your needs.
- Edit the quality and color settings to achieve the best printing results.
- Click the OK option to confirm all your choices and then tap the Print option.
- Extend the output tray extender. The Printer starts to print the document and the printed output rest on the extender.
How to Print Double side on HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
- Place a stack of paper into the main paper tray to avoid the page ordering issues easily.
- Open the document that you have to print and tap the File menu.
- Tap Print and click the Show Details option.
- Locate the Two-Sided printing option in the print dialog box.
- Click on the Check box and choose Layout in the unnamed print options menu.
- Select the Binding option from Two-Sided menu and then tap Print.
- Choose an Odd only option in the Pages to Print choice and select the Automatic (Rear Load) or Reverse (Front load) option from the Page Order Menu.
- Click the Print option to start printing manually on both sides. Print odd pages first and then the even pages.
How to Scan on HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
- Browse to the Manufacturer’s website on your web browser.
- Type your printer model in the search box.
- Download the HP Easy Scan or HP Scan software.
- Obey the instructions that appear on your computer screen to install the HP Easy Scan or HP Scan software.
- Gently raise the scanner lid.
- Place the document on the scanner platen that you want to scan and then down the scanner cover slowly.
- To scan multiple documents, place the paper on the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Tap the Scan icon or button on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer control panel to start the scanning process.
- Wait till the scanning process complete and find the scan thumbnail on the network connected computer.
- Choose the file location to save and a file name and tap OK or Save option to save the file.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Scan to Folder
- Establish a wireless network connection and then connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer and computer to the same network connection.
- Connect the Manufacturer website and download the Full-feature driver package and HP Easy Scan or HP scan software.
- Place the scanning documents on the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder.
- Search and open the HP Printer Assistant software and tap the Scan tab to open HP Easy Scan application.
- Find and open HP Easy Scan in another easy way by directly searching on your Mac.
- Choose your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup from the Scanner drop-down list and choose the job type from the Presets menu and then tap the Scan option.
- Locate and click on the scanned item on your Mac computer and tap the Edit option to adjust the color settings, scan straightening, and other settings.
- Choose a file name and destination folder and then Click Save.
How To Copy On HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
Copy documents, ID cards and photos using your HP Officejet pro 6968 Printer to create an identical duplicate. Learn the steps to copy using your printer in the below simple steps:
- Load plain papers into the main paper tray and install the ink cartridges.
- Place the original document that you want to copy on the scanner glass or in the Automatic Document Feeder. Touch the Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo options based on what appears on the printer control panel.
- Touch the Settings options that are in a gear shape to see the advanced copy settings.
- Enable two-sided copying by choosing an option from the drop-down menu.
- Edit the other settings like size, paper type, quality, enhancements, and other copy option in the settings window. Tap the Back option to return to the primary copy screen.
- Touch the Start Black, Start Color, or OK option to start the copy job.
How To Fax On HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer?
With the assistance of an HP fax machine or fax-capable HP printer, transfer the documents from one to another fax machine. In most instances, the fax process requires a landline telephone service. Faxing is safer than sending documents through email or postal mail.
- Use a standard landline telephone cable. Employ the telephone cable that you bought with the printer.
- If you are not available with the original cable, use the telephone cord that has two wire leads. Ensure that you are not using the telephone cable that has four wire leads.
- Join one end of the phone cable to the phone wall jack and then link another end to the 1-LINE jack at the rear side of the printer.
- If you have an answering machine to connect, then connect the phone cable to the device and the 2-EXT jack on the back of the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer.
- Doing so enables the telephone answering machine to record voice calls without recording the unnecessary noises from faxes.
- Swipe to the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your basic fax settings and preferences.
- Locate the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu list and tap it to print a report. The report prints the test results and some instructions to resolve the issues.
- Place the document that you need to fax on the scanner platen or in the ADF and load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Dial the receiving fax number from your printer and then click the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax. Find the printer prints the fax report. Learn if the fax sent successfully, or if an error happened from the printed report.
How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6968 To Computer?
Connect your HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup to your computer using a wireless network connection or a wired Ethernet connection.
- To connect your printer and computer using a wireless network connection, set up a network connection on a network router.
- Turn on HP Officejet pro 6968 printer.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel.
- Tap the Setup icon and then touch the Wireless Settings option.
- Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard and search for your router network name and then tap it.
- Type the password and connect to the network.
- Search for Devices option and click the Add a Printer option.
- Find the list of 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printers that are connected to your router’s network and tap your printer name.
- After connecting printer to your computer, download and install the print driver software that supports your printer model.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Firmware Update
HP releases new printer firmware version with many product enhancements and bug fixes. Based on your printer model, the app on your printer control panel might receive updates. To get most out of the printer, use to update the firmware regularly.
- Assure that your printer is in operating condition and connected to a network connection.
- Browse the Manufacturer site on your web browser and enter your Printer model name in the search box. Choose the Software, Drivers, and Firmware tab.
- Choose your computer operating system and OS version in the list of available option.
- Find the driver software, firmware update and other printing, scanning software listed.
- Click the Download symbol next to the Firmware option to download the firmware file to your computer.
- Look in the download path for the firmware setup file and open it and then follow the instructions shown on the computer screen. If the serial number appears, click the checkbox next to it and tap Update. Tap OK when the update completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Factory Reset
Find the Support Menu:
To find the Support menu, perform the below steps:
- Switch your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer to an inactive condition.
- Wait for at least 10 – 15 Seconds and turn on the printer again.
- Just as the printer turns ON, press the back button (arrow icon) four times on the printer control panel.
- Find the Support menu appears.
Access to Reset Menu:
To access the Reset menu navigate to the right on the printer control panel. Below the Reset menu, find the partial reset, semi-full reset, and the full reset. Choose the correct type of reset option you need to reset your printer.
The partial reset option refreshes the printer settings and clears the unneeded storage from the printer. Minor printing issues such as slow printing, cartridge errors, etc., may be resolved using this reset.
The Semi-Full Reset removes all the customized setting from your printer and returns them to its default factory settings.
When the above reset procedures are not working, use this reset method. Anyway, mostly it is not recommended because it removes deep settings from your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer. If any interruption occurs while resetting your printer may become unusable.
HP Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
Most of the issues were caused because of no paper on the main tray, improper paper feed, improper network configuration, network failure, using outdated software, empty HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup ink cartridges. Use the troubleshooting steps or download and install the HP Print and Scan software to detect the reason for the issue and resolve the issue.
Why Is My HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer Offline?
When the printer status is The Printer is not responding or Offline the printer may not print. Check and follow the below resolution steps to resolve the Printer Offline issue:
- Ensure that your printer is not in sleep mode and it is active.
- Load enough number of paper into the input tray and install the ink cartridges into the respective properly.
- Connect the printer to a stable AC source and restart the printer, if it is not active.
- Make sure that the router’s internet connection is active and the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer is connected to it.
- Do not use the outdated driver software.
- Update the printer driver software after removing the older version.
- Upgrade the printer firmware to the latest version.
- If still the issue is not resolved, reset the printing system and power cycle your printer to get resolved of the issue.
Why Is My HP Officejet Pro 6968 Printer Not Printing Black Or Color Ink?
If the printer prints streaks or faded printouts, files with fuzzy or blurred texts and the color or black ink not printing, ink smears or streaks and facing other print quality problems, follow the below problem resolving ways to resolve the issue.
Reinstall Printer Driver Software (Only Windows):
- Delete your HP Officejet 6968 printer from the Devices list and also delete the files and folders related to driver from your computer storage.
- Power cycle your computer and download the driver software from the Manufacturer site.
- Install the updated driver software on your computer.
Clean the Printhead:
- Tap the Setup icon on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer control panel and then open the Printer Maintenance menu. Open the Tools menu and tap Clean Printhead option. Find a test page prints. Inspect the printed test page, and tap Done, if the print quality is excellent.
- If the print quality is terrible, tap the Clean Again option to proceed to the next level of the cleaning process. If still the cleaning process is required, move to the third cycle of the cleaning process.
Use Genuine HP cartridge:
Assure that you are using the genuine HP ink cartridges. If you are using a non-genuine HP cartridge, replace it and then purchase new ink cartridges from an HP store or reliable local retailers.
Inspect the printout for ink stains:
- Load a new stack of blank paper into the paper tray and install the genuine HP ink cartridges. Tap the Setup menu or the Gear icon on the printer control panel.
- Open the Tools or Printer Maintenance menu. Tap Clean Smear or Clean Page Smears. Your printer may produce some noise for approximately one minute. Wait until the printer ejects the printout completely.
Inspect the print settings:
In some cases, the incorrect print settings may affect the quality of the printout. Check and ensure proper print settings and try to print the file or photo.
Check the estimated ink levels:
Move to the Printer control panel and tap the Ink Level Indicator symbol. Find the estimated ink levels of the ink cartridges on the printer control panel.
Replace low ink level or empty ink cartridges:
If any of the ink levels are marked with an alert symbol, the print quality becomes poor, and it is vital to replace the low ink cartridges with a new one.
Install ink cartridges properly:
- Inspect the outlets on the top of the ink cartridges.
- Do not allow the ink cartridges outside the printer for more than 30 minutes that may cause the ink to clog or dried out.
- Take the installed HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup ink cartridges from the slot and examine the outlet area near to the HP symbol on the top of the ink cartridge.
- Make sure that you had pulled out orange pull-tab attached.
- If the outlet area is covered with ink clog, take a straight pin to remove the excess adhesive from the outlet.
- Place the ink cartridges in the way that the ink cartridge contacts face towards downwards.
- Match the color label on the cartridge with the color mark on the cartridge while installing the replacement cartridges.
Print Quality Diagnostic Page and Examine Test pattern:
- Load a stack of blank paper into the input paper tray.
- Tap the Setup menu or Gear icon on the printer control panel.
- Tap the Reports or Tools menu to open.
- Click the Print Quality Report option and find your 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer prints a Print Quality Diagnostic Page.
- Judge the Test Pattern 1 on the Print Quality Diagnostic report to ensure that the lines are straight and connected.
- Evaluate Test Pattern 2 if the lines are straight and linked.
- If the lines are not straight and linked, align the print head and print the report again.
- Clean the printhead if still the lines are not straight and connected and then print the Print Quality Diagnostic report again to examine Test Pattern 3.
- If the problem is not fixed after trying with all the steps, service your HP Product in an Authorized service center.
How to Solve HP Officejet Pro 6968 Ink Cartridge Problem?
The printer displays cartridge problem error, incompatible cartridges error and cartridge missing errors if there are any issues with the cartridges installed into the printer. The solutions for resolving the cartridge error are provided below.
- Raise the ink access door and wait until the carriage moves to the access area.
- Slightly press the ink cartridges down to release them from the slot. Take the cartridges out from the slot.
- Examine the ink cartridges. Clean the electrical contacts on the cartridge using a clean cotton swab.
- Clean the contacts in the cartridge access area as well.
- Reinsert the cartridges and make sure they are seated correctly.
- If the issue persists, power on the 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 printer if you have turned it off.
- Remove the power cable from the printer while the keeping it turned on.
- Disconnect the cord from the wall outlet as well. Replug the cord to the wall outlet and then to the printer’s rear after a few seconds.
- If the printer fails to turn on automatically, power it up manually. The printer is now reset. Try to print.
- Check if the HP Officejet Pro 6968 Setup’s firmware is updated. Try to print.
How to Solve HP Officejet Pro 6968 Paper Jam Issues?
- Turn the printer on and unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer. Plug out the cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds and then reconnect the cord to the printer. Turn on the printer manually if it fails to power up on its own. Check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem persists, use a torch to check and clear jammed paper inside the printer.
- Raise the access door and wait for the carriage to come to a halt. Remove any jammed paper in the access area.
- Ensure that the carriage can move freely across the printer’s width. Remove any torn paper bits or other objects obstructing its movement.
- If the issue persists, try cleaning the paper feed rollers. Lift the access door and wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Take a clean cloth, dip it in water and squeeze it. Use the wet cloth to clean the paper feed rollers.
- Rotate the rollers and wipe off dust or dirt buildup. Pull the access door down once the rollers are dry.
- If the printer displays the error even after carrying out all the above steps, contact your manufacturer to get your printer serviced.
The HP Officejet 6968 printer is a versatile printer that can perform high-end printing and scanning. Several advanced printing features such as AirPrint, ePrint and Wireless direct and other printing features that make printing job easier, are supported by the printer. The page includes the instructions for 123.hp.com/ojpro6968 installation and performing the printing and scanning functions. Simple guidelines for troubleshooting the common printer issues are provided.