Complete 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 Printer Setup Guide
Take the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer out from the packaging, place sufficient paper into the input tray, slide the ink cartridges into the respective slot to set up the printer for the first time. After setting up the hardware, install the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup driver software.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer?
Unpack the product and connect to the power source:
- Detach all the tape and packing material from the HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer.
- Turn the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer around to access the back of the printer.
- Arrange the duplexer with the aperture at the back of the printer.
- Move the duplexer into the product until it snaps into place.
- Fix the tray 2 on a well built, flat, smooth surface, and then lower the printer onto the tray.
- Connect the power cable to the back of the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup, and then plug the cable into an electrical wall outlet. Press the Power control button to turn on the printer.
- Draw out the paper tray.
- Insert blank white paper with the print side facing down in the tray center.
- Check and confirm the paper stack is no higher than the paper guide located on the side of the tray.
- Press and hold the stack guide release latches on the inside left and top of the paper tray, and then glide the paper guides in until they rest against the corners of the stack of paper.
- Insert the paper tray again. Draw out the extension on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 output tray.
Install the cartridges:
- Press the Power control button to turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8100, if it is not already on.
- Open the cartridge access door, and then raise the printer cover. Be patient until the carriage moves to the center of the access area.
- Unwrap the new cartridge from its packaging.
- Set the new cartridge into its slot, and then slowly push it in front until it clicks into position.
- Do these steps again for each cartridge, and then shut the cartridge access door and product cover. The product automatically begins the alignment process.
- When the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer prints an alignment page, the hardware setup process is complete.
- After completing the hardware, install the driver software.
How to Install HP OJ Pro 8100 Driver?
- Turn on your printer and computer.
- Set up the router network connection on your computer and router.
- Connect them to the same network.
- Disconnect the USB cable and only connect when it prompts to connect the USB cable.
- Download the full feature 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 driver software for your Windows or Mac computer from our site or the Manufacturer site.
- Begin the installation process on your computer.
- Select the recommended software to be installed on your computer.
- Proceed with the installation instructions shown on the screen.
- Select the Wired or Wireless connection only when it prompts to select the connection type.
- While installing on Mac, when the HP installer prompts to select Print Using select your printer model and complete the installation setup.
How to do HP OJPro8100 Wireless Setup?
- Switch on your wireless network router and establish a network connection.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the router’s network.
- Make your HP product active, if the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup is inactive and then connect to the wireless router network.
- Assure that your printer and computer are within the range of the router’s network.
- Press the Wireless symbol on the control panel of your printer.
- Check if the blue light near the wireless icon starts to blink.
- Download and install the driver software after downloading from our site.
- When prompts to choose the connection type, select the Wireless connection type while installing the driver software and complete the wireless setup.
- While installing the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 driver software, when the computer prompts Print Using, select your printer name and complete the installation process.
How to Print On HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer?
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer and connect to a network connection that has high-speed connectivity.
- Load sufficient paper into the input tray to finish your print job.
- Do not exert any force on the paper guides while placing the paper into the input tray.
- Check the ink levels in the cartridges before you start to print.
- Open the file or photo you wish to print and then click the File menu.
- Pick the Print option from the file menu to view the general print settings.
- Change various print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences as you need.
- Select the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format from the Layout tab.
- Save all the changes that you made and then click Print to begin printing.
123 HP Officejet Pro 8100 Mobile Printing
With a fast internet connection, you can share any document from your mobile devices to print on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer using mobile printing. Several mobile printing options supported in HP Officejet Pro 8100 printer are, AirPrint, Eprint, CloudPrint, etc.
How to do 123 HP Officejet Pro 8100 Eprint Setup?
- Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup, load blank paper into the input paper tray, and confirm the ink or toner cartridges are installed.
- Press the HP ePrint button present on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 control panel.
- Print a Test report after connecting to the network.
- Find the IP address of your printer on the address bar of your browser.
- Now the Embedded Web Server page opens up on the screen.
- Click Web Services.
- If the web services summary page displays, click continue and print the Info page.
- Find your printer email address.
- Create a new email and add the thing that you need to print as an attachment.
- Enter your printer mail address in the To space and add some subject line.
- Send the mail and find the printer prints your attachment.
How to do HP OJ Pro 8100 USB Printer Setup?
- Obtain a USB cable that is less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length.
- Awake the printer, if it on sleep mode.
- Establish a network connection using a router and then link your HP printer and computer to a similar network connection.
- Disengage the USB cable, if already connected.
- Download the full feature driver package from the link provided on our website.
- Unzip and run the Setup.exe file inside the driver file folder and follow with the instructions shown on the screen.
- When the HP installer requests you to select the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer connection type, select USB connection.
- Join your printer and computer using the USB cable when the HP installer prompts.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8100 to Computer?
- Turn your HP Officejet pro 8100 printer active.
- Set up a wireless network connection using a network router.
- Join your computer and HP Officejet 8100 printer to the same network connection.
- Do not insert the USB before driver installation.
- Download the driver file that supports your HP printer and begins the installation process.
- When prompts to select the connection type, select Wireless method.
- Connect the USB cable only when it prompts during the installation process.
- Open the file or photo that you need to print and click File -> Print. Now the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer starts to print the file.
How to Perform HP Officejet Pro 8100 Factory Reset?
- Turn the 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer active after connecting to a stable power source.
- Disengage the electric cord from the rear of the printer, with the printer in working condition.
- Decouple the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Insert the power cable back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the cord back of the HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup.
How to Implement HP Officejet Pro 8100 Firmware Update?
- Turn on your computer and connect it to a router network.
- At the same time, connect your printer to the same network connection.
- Download and install the full feature HP Officejet Pro 8100 Setup driver package on your computer.
- Open the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Tap the HP printer name connected with your printer.
- Select the Advanced Settings option mentioned under Advanced.
- Click the Web Services or Tools option.
- Select Product Update or Printer Updates.
- Now click the Check Now option.
- The computer starts to search for any updates available for your printer model.
- If any update available, click Update to update the firmware.
- If it does not show any update, your 123.hp.com/ojpro8100 printer is up to date.