Do the Quickest 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Printer
123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer is a budget-friendly printer that can perform high-end printing, scanning, and copying functions. The printer can be paired to your device through both wired and wireless connections. The high printing and scanning resolution of the printer with advanced settings give quality output. Various print media such as envelopes, labels, cards photo paper, etc., are supported by the printer. The mobile printing capability of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup helps you send print jobs from your smartphones even from remote areas.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 SETUP
Unboxing and Power connection:
- Open the printer package and check the list of items shipped in the box. Take out the HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer from the package. Clear the tapes, stickers, and other packing materials from the printer and then remove the protective film from the printer control panel.
- Open the top door of your printer and remove the protective material placed on the scanner glass.
- Open the input tray, remove unwanted packing materials from it, and then close the input tray.
- Take the power cable that shipped along with your printer.
- Connect one end of the cord at the rear of the printer and then connect the other end to the electrical outlet.
- Switch on the main power and press the Power button on your printer. Turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup to ensure the power connection.
- Slide out the input paper tray outside the printer and adjust the paper guides to their outermost position. Place a pile of blank white paper into the input tray with the print side down and the short edge facing forward.
- Adjust the guides slowly to make it rest on the paper sides. Do not bend or wrinkle the paper that may result in a paper jam issue.
- Slide in the input tray slowly to the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer to snap into its space.
Ink cartridge Installation:
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait till the carriage stops moving and comes to an idle state before you proceed to the next process.
- Take out the new ink cartridges and remove the sealing tapes from the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup ink cartridge.
- Touch the ink cartridge only on the black plastic part. Hold the ink cartridge by holding on its sides with the color dot facing towards you.
- Gently press the ink cartridge into the slot space until it fixes into the place. Install the other color cartridges in the same way and then close the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 ink cartridge access door.
- Now the printer starts to align the printhead and prints the alignment page automatically.
Installing the driver software:
- After setting up the printer hardware, try to connect your printer to a network to install the print driver software.
- After successful connection to the network, download the driver software that supports your printer model from the manufacturer’s site.
- Do not try to connect the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer to the computer until it prompts to do so while installing the printer driver software.
- When the installation completes, and the computer connects to the printer, try printing on your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Driver
Browse your Printer Manufacturer site. Enter HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer in the search box and tap the search icon next to the search box. Find the list of options available in the next loaded page. Click the Software, 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Driver and Firmware option on the menu. Click the Download symbol to download the driver file to your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Manual
Any HP printer is usually delivered with a manual which is a small booklet comprising the instructions for unboxing, setup, installation, etc. You can also find the troubleshooting guidelines for fixing various HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup issues without the need for a technician. The manual is also available in the PDF format.
DRIVER DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION
Why Install Driver Software?
A driver is a software that converts your computer data into a format that is understandable by your printer so that the printer. Download and install the updated 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 driver software on your computer. Updated versions of driver software might include, many new features, performance enhancements, and bug fixes.
How to Download Driver Doftware?
Connect your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer to a network connection that has high-speed internet access. Open a new tab on your web browser and connect to the manufacturer’s site. Tap the Software and Driver tab. Type HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer on the search box. Click the Search option or press the Enter button to start the search process.
Click the Change icon to change your computer’s operating system and the OS version. Choose both from the drop-down list and again tap the Change option. Click the + icon to view the list of print software that supports your printer model. Find the Print driver file and before downloading the driver file, check the file size and ensure enough storage on your computer. Tap the Download option
The driver file starts to download on your computer. When the download completes, locate the driver file in the Downloads folder or the browser download path. Double-tap the driver launch file to begin the installation.
How to Install HP 8710 Driver Software?
Add your Printer to your computer:
Before the installation of driver software, add your printer to the computer. Search Devices in the start menu and click the Devices option. Tap the Printers & Scanners in the sidebar and then tap Add a printer or scanner. Find the list of printers connected to your computer under the Printers heading. Tap on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer setup name in the list. Open Devices and Printers screen and find your printer icon with the name under Printers. Right-tap on the printer icon and click the Set as a Default printer option.
Installing the driver software using an installation CD:
- If you have an installation CD, place the installation CD on the CD player on your computer. Find the CD drive under This PC and then open it. Find setup.exe file from the group of files and folders and double-click on it.
- If the installation CD is not available, directly open the downloaded HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup driver file and double-click the setup.exe to start the installation process.
- Click Continue when the driver file starts to install. Proceed with the Continue or Yes options and agree with the Terms and conditions of the Software License agreement.
- If the computer asks for the reboot after the installation of the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 driver file, save all your unsaved documents and close all the running applications and then restart your computer. Open the HP Printer Assistant application and try to print or scan using your HP product.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 FAX SETUP
With the assistance of a fax-capable 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer or HP fax machine, you can share the photos or documents to another fax machine. Generally, faxing requires a landline telephone service. Faxing is more secure than sending documents through an email or a postal mail.
- Take a traditional landline telephone cable. Use that telephone cable to connect your fax capable printer to a landline telephone connection.
- If the original cable is not available, use the telephone cord that has the connectors with two wire leads not four.
- Plug one end of the phone cable to the phone wall socket and the other end to the 1-LINE plug at the rear printer.
- If an answering machine is available to connect, then connect the phone cord to the answering machine and the 2-EXT jack at the rear of the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup.
- Doing so allows the telephone answering device to record voice calls without recording the unwanted noises from faxes.
- Move to the Fax or Setup menu on the printer control panel to set up your basic preferences and fax settings.
- Detect and tap the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu to print a report. The Fax test report prints the results and some instructions to resolve the faxing issues.
- Position the file or photo that you want to fax on the scanner platen or in the Automatic Document Feeder and then load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Type the receiving fax number on the printer control panel and then click the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax message.
- Check if the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer prints the fax report. Check if the faxing is completed, or an issue occurred from the printed fax test report.
HP DIGITAL FAX:
- Check if your printer is connected to a landline or digital telephone service and can send and receive faxes.
- Download the full-feature software and driver package that includes HP Digital Fax to your computer and install it.
- While you are saving your file to a network drive, access it with the administrator username and password.
- The target folder’s computer or server must be turned on and awake at all times. Faxes may not be saved if the computer is off or in a sleep state.
- Load enough paper into the main tray.
HP Digital Fax in Windows:
- Click Start and search for your printer. Select the name from the list of search results.
- Select the Print, Scan & Fax tab, and then click Digital Fax Setup Wizard in HP Printer Assistant.
- Tap Settings -> Fax Settings -> More Fax Settings -> Digital Fax Setup in solution center.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions. To view if your 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer supports additional Digital Fax options, look in the Fax or Setup menu on the printer control panel.
HP Digital Fax in Mac:
- Click Finder, click Applications from Go, double-tap the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, and then double-tap HP Utility. Under Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen. To know if your printer supports additional Digital Fax options, look in the Fax or Setup menu on the printer control panel.
Test the Digital Fax Setup:
- Click Finder, click Applications from Go, double-click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility. Under Fax Settings, click Digital Fax Archive.
- Follow the instructions that appear for the selected setup type. To check if your printer supports additional Digital Fax options, see in the Fax or Setup menu on the printer control panel.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 WIRELESS SETUP
How Do I Connect My HP Officejet Pro 8710 To Wireless Network?
Use the Wireless Setup Wizard option on the printer control panel display to connect your printer via wireless communication.
Set up the Network router:
- Switch on a network router and setup network connection on the router using a DSL cable or broadband connection.
- Secure your wireless network using a 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Network name and security passphrase (WEP or WPA2 password).
Connect Printer to the network:
- Place your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer nearer to the network router. Placing the devices farther may not provide enough signal strength.
- Open the dashboard from the printer control panel and then touch the wireless icon.
- Touch the Settings icon that is in the gear shape and then tap the Wireless Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi Protected Setup or Wireless Setup Wizard. Go with the instructions that appear on your panel screen to complete the wireless setup.
- Now the printer starts to search for the list of available nearby networks and shows the list on the panel screen.
- Click on your Network name and then enter the security passphrase if any prompts appear on the screen. Click Done and tap OK to return to the home screen.
- If you are stuck with error messages, make sure that you have typed the password exactly.
- In the meantime, connect your computer to the same network and then try to download and install the driver software.
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 SCAN TO MAC COMPUTER
Go to manufacturer’s site and enter 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer. Complete the on-screen instructions to install HP Easy Scan or HP Scan software. If HP driver is already installed, download the HP Easy Scan software from the App Store.
- Open the scanner lid. Position the document or photo with the print-side down on the scanner glass plate and then close the scanner lid.
- Place more than one document to scan multiple pages at one time using the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Press the Scan button to start scanning.
- Choose your computer name if required, and a scan job type. Wait until the scanning completes and then back to the computer.
- The scanned files save to a folder and open automatically. Tap the file or folder with Scan in the name to check the scan.
- If the Scan button is not available or you need more HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup scanning options, proceed with these below steps to scan from the computer with HP Easy Scan.
- Search your Mac computer for the scan.
- Tap HP Easy Scan in the list of search results.
- Now the HP Easy Scan opens.
- Pick your printer name from the Scanner drop-down menu.
- Choose a scan job type available in the Presets menu and then click the Scan option.
- Right-click on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 thumbnail of the scanned item in the left panel, and then tap the Edit option to adjust colors, straighten the scan, or crop the size.
- Choose the Send option in the bottom right corner and then tap Folder.
- Change the file name in the Prefix space, tap the Where option and choose a folder, and then click the Save option.
How to Scan from Officejet Pro 8710 to my Computer?
- Power up the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer and wait until it is silent. Make sure the connection between your printer and computer is proper.
- Raise the scanner lid, and mount a document with its print side down on the scanner glass. Use the Automatic Document Feeder if you want to scan multiple pages into a single file.
- Make sure the printer’s full feature driver has been installed in your computer.
- Search for HP on your Windows OS and click the printer’s name to open HP Printer Assistant.
- Click Scan a Document or Photo on the HP Printer Assistant window. The HP Scan window opens.
- Select a scan shortcut from the HP Scan window, and modify the scan settings to suit with your scan job.
- After making all the necessary changes, click Scan. The printer scans the document to the computer.
- The file to which the scanned document is saved opens automatically. If you want to scan multiple pages, follow the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup steps below.
- Open the HP Scan window and select Save as PDF or Document to File. If you have scanned the document using the ADF, click Save. This saves all the pages into a single file.
- If you have used the scanner glass to scan the document, click the ‘+’ option in the HP Scan Preview window, and load the next page to be scanned.
- Open the Save as type menu and select PDF. Create a name for the file or folder to which you want to save the scan and click Save.
How to use Smart App for Scanning from HP 8710?
- Install the HP Smart app on your phone or tablet connected to your wireless network.
- Launch the application and add your printer to it. If the printer’s name is not displayed, select the ‘+’ sign, choose the printer from the list of devices, and then keep following the instructions to complete the setup.
- Mount the item you want to scan on the scanner glass.
- Tap the Scan tile and then select the Settings icon.
- Choose the input source, appropriate resolution, and color as per your requirement.
- Tap the Scan option again. If you want to perform a multiple-page scanning, select the Add Pages option and repeat the above steps.
- Alternately, you can also use the mobile camera to scan your document or photo.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Camera Scan tile and place the document or photo on a flat surface. Prefer a contrast surface for best scanning result.
- Select Auto or Manual mode. If you have chosen the Auto mode, just hold the camera still over the document.
- If you have chosen the manual mode, focus (center) the area you want to scan and tap Capture.
- Now you can print or share the scanned item.
123 HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 MOBILE PRINTING SOLUTIONS
AirPrint is supported only on iOS devices running on version 4.2 and later. AirPrint also requires your printer and driver to be connected to the same local network. Unplug any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer. Open the Wireless menu on the control panel, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and keep following the on-screen prompts until the wireless connection is established.
- Check if you have enabled Wi-Fi on your mobile.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer and then open the Network Settings menu.
- Make sure the printer is connected to your wireless network.
- Open the item you want to print from the Apple device and select the Share icon.
- Tap Print or 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Printer Options.
- Touch the Select Printer option and choose the printer’s name.
- Change the print settings if required. Select the number of copies, color, page range, etc.
- Finally, tap Print and wait until the printer prints the page.
- HP ePrint is a cloud-based print service that lets you send print jobs to a web-enabled printer via email. Refer to the steps given below for using the ePrint service on your printer.
- Power up your printer and make sure it is connected to the Internet. Locate the HP ePrint icon on the control panel and tap it.
- Wait until the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup prints the information page. Find the printer’s email address printed on the page.
- Open your email account and then type the printer’s email address in the To field. Provide a suitable subject and attach a photo/document.
- Make sure the size of the attached file is not more than 10 MB. Click Send.
- The printer will receive the print job and print the document/photo.
- To print with the HP ePrint app, open the app on your mobile and select Settings. Touch the Activation option. Select the Activate using your email option and then tap Activate. You will receive a code in your email.
- Type the code in the app and select Activate again. Tap Files on the app. Select a document, preview it, and finally choose Print. Wait while the printer completes the print job.
Google Cloud Print for Officejet Pro 8710
From Chrome Browser
- Power up the Officejet Pro 8710 printer and wait for it to be idle.
- Check if you have installed the ink cartridges and loaded enough paper.
- Open the Chrome browser from your computer and sign in to your Google account.
- Type the chrome:// devices in the address bar and hit Enter. The Google Cloud Print begins to search for printers connected to the network. Open the New Devices menu and select Register. Click Register again to confirm and print a confirmation page.
- Do as per the instructions on the page or confirm the registration on the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup’s control panel.
- Wait for the printer to print a confirmation page.
From Android devices
- Make sure your printer and Android device are connected over the same wireless network.
- Download and install the Cloud Print tool from the Google Play Store app.
- Open the app and then tap the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 Settings menu. Select the Printing option.
- Locate the Cloud Print option and select On. Disable other print service plugins if required.
- Select the printer’s name and touch OK.
- Go to the printer and confirm the registration on the control panel.
- Wait while the printer prints the confirmation page.
HP Print Service Plugin
- Install the HP Print Service Plugin on your Android mobile running on OS 4.4 or later.
- The HP Print Service Plugin also requires the printer and your Android mobile to be connected to the same wireless network.
- The application turns on automatically on Android 7 (Nougat) and later devices. If you are an Android 6 (Marshmallow) user, tap the Settings icon, locate the HP Print Service, and tap On.
- Open the application and tap the Menu icon followed by the Print option. A preview for the document will be displayed.
- Select the 123.hp.com/ojpro8710 printer’s name and tap the drop-down arrow to make changes to the print settings. Now tap the Print icon.