Complete 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 Printer Setup
Take the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer from the box and remove the packing materials. Use the power cable that came with the printer as a medium to connect the printer to the power outlet. Turn on the printer and remove the protective film on the printer’s control panel. Load paper into the input paper tray and install the new ink cartridges. Download the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup driver software and install it on your computer.
How to Setup HP Officejet Pro 8720 Printer?
- Take out the printer from the packing and remove the packing materials from the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid, remove the packing materials on the scanner glass.
- Connect the electric cable between the printer and the AC source.
- Press the power button to turn the printer active.
- Clear off the protective film on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer control panel.
- Set your basic preferences like language, country/region, date and time.
- Slide out the main tray and load a pile of blank papers into it after adjusting the paper guides.
- Rest the paper guides on the paper stack and slide the paper tray slowly into the printer.
- Open the ink cartridge door and install the new HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup ink cartridges.
- Make sure that the code on the ink cartridges match with the color code on the slot and then close the ink cartridge door.
- Connect your printer and computer to a network connection that has high-speed network access.
- Install the updated driver software after downloading from the Manufacturer’s site.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver And Manual Download
Turn on your computer and ensure that it has an active internet connection. If the computer is not connected to the internet, establish a network connection and link to it. Browse the Manufacturer site and search the driver and manual for your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer model. Select your computer Operating System and OS version to download the suitable printer driver and firmware for your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Manual
Link to the Manufacturer site on your web browser and enter your printer model in the search box. Start the search by clicking the Go icon or enter button. Click the User Guides option in the list of available options. Choose the preferred language and download the work manual for your printer model.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
Browse the Manufacturer site and enter your printer model name in the search box. Click the Software, Drivers, and Firmware option and choose your system’s operating system and version and then tap the Download button to download the driver file to your computer. To download it directly right from here, click the Download button below.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver Download
- Look into the Manufacturer support site and enter your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer model in the search space.
- touch the Search icon to start the search process.
- Click the Software, Driver, and Firmware from the list of available option.
- Click the Change option to change your PC operating system and OS version.
- Click the change option again to start the search process.
- Find the list of available printer drivers, updated firmware and other printing and scanning software for your printer model.
- Click the Download option to download the print driver software to your computer.
- Locate the driver file in the download path and install it on your computer.
Install HP Officejet Pro 8720 Driver
- Installation can be done by using an installation CD or directly downloading the driver file from the Manufacturer site.
- to install the print driver software, insert the installation CD into your computer’s CPU or laptop.
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup driver folder on your computer and double-click on the setup.exe file.
- Find the installation process begins.
- Agree with the Software License terms and conditions.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen to complete the installation.
- If installation CD is not available, browse the Manufacturer site and download the driver for your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer model.
- Find the downloaded file and again start from Step 3 to complete the driver installation.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wireless Setup
- Ensure that your printer is in operating condition.
- Load papers into the paper tray and install the ink cartridge properly.
- Turn on the network router and secure your internet connection using a security password.
- Collect the Network name and security password before setting up a wireless connection.
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup control panel and touch the Setup, Network or Wireless Menu.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- The printer starts to search for the list of available network nearby it and present a network name list on the screen.
- Click on your network name and enter the security password, if it prompts.
- Confirm with OK option to save your network on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer. Link your computer to the same network and browse the manufacturer site to download the driver software.
How to Find Officejet Pro 8720 WPS Pin
- If the WPS PIN window is open, Enter the WPS PIN for your printer.
- Click the Devices option in the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 Settings menu.
- Tap the Printers & Scanners option.
- Tap Add a Printer or scanner.
- Wait until the Windows finds the available printer on your network.
- Pick the name of your printer in the list.
- Move to the Printer and press the power button to turn it on, if it not active.
- Back to the computer and click the Add a Device option.
- Go to the printer quickly and check for any PIN, if the Windows asks to enter the WPS PIN.
- Find the 8-digit PIN on your printer screen and enter it on the windows computer within 90 seconds and then try to print.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Wi-Fi Direct Setup
- Make sure that the HP Officejet 8720 printer is turned on and papers are loaded on the main tray.
- Install the ink cartridges and replace the low ink cartridges.
- Tap the Devices in the Settings menu and then click the Printers option.
- Click the Add a Printer or scanner option and then touch Show Wi-Fi Direct printer option that displays on the screen.
- Locate your printer name with the prefix word DIRECT (Example: DIRECT-HP-Officejet Pro 8720).
- Confirm that your printer is in a ready state and tap Add Device option on your computer.
- Find the 8-digit PIN displays on the printer control panel and key the PIN in the Enter the WPS PIN for your printer screen. Click the Next option to complete the setup.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 8720 to Wi-Fi
- Perform the following steps to connect HP Officejet pro 8720 printer to Wi-Fi connection.
- Turn your printer to operating condition.
- Connect your router to Broadband connection or DSL cable and establish a fast internet connection.
- Obtain your Network name and password before setting up the Wi-Fi connection.
- Swipe the dashboard on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer control panel and then locate the Wireless icon.
- Touch the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup Wireless icon and then Setup icon that is in gear shape.
- Tap the Wireless settings and then tap the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer starts to search for the list of available network nearby to it.
- Click on your Network Name and enter the security password and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Ink Replacement
- Buy the ink cartridges that are compatible with your HP Officejet 8720 printer.
- Get the cartridges from an HP Store or reliable local retailer.
- Press the power button and turn on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup.
- Open the cartridge access door and find the carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Wait until the carriage stops working and then take the new ink cartridges outside the package.
- Hold the ink cartridge on its sides and in a slight upward angle.
- Match the color code and place the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 ink cartridge in its slot.
- Slowly move the cartridge into the slot, until snaps into the slot. Install the other color cartridges in the same way and close the cartridge access door.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Ink Refill
- Buy a compatible ink from an ink from an HP Store or local retailer.
- Buy the refill kit such as syringe, gloves, needle, clean lint-free cloth.
- Take the empty cartridges out from the ink cartridge slot.
- Find the refill hole on your ink cartridge and open the ink refill hole.
- Absorb ink using the needle and syringe from the ink bottle.
- Inject the absorbed ink slowly into the cartridge.
- Make sure that no bubbles are formed while injecting the ink.
- Bubble formation may affect the print quality. Close the refill hole and then place the ink cartridge in its slot.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 USB Printer Setup
- Make sure that your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer is active.
- Obtain a USB cable that is less than 3 m (9 ft 10 in)in length.
- Find the available USB port on your computer and remove the protective cover on the port.
- Do not connect the USB cable through a USB hub or docking station because the printer might not receive enough power to operate.
- Do not connect the USB cable before the driver installation.
- If the USB cable is already connected, disconnect the USB cable from the printer and computer.
- Add your printer to the computer in the Devices and Printer settings and remove all the other printers.
- Download the Full feature driver package from the Manufacturer site and install it on your computer. Connect the USB cable while prompting during the installation.
To set up USB connection between your HP Printer and computer follow the below steps:
How to Print HP Officejet Pro 8720
- Switch your printer to working condition and ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Connect your printer and computer to the network connection.
- Download the full feature print driver package and install it on your computer.
- Open the document to print and then click the File menu.
- Tap the Print option to open the general print settings.
- Click the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup Properties, Properties or Preferences option to access layout, quality, and advanced print settings.
- Edit various print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences window.
- Choose the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format in the layout.
- After setting up all changes, tap the OK option to save the changes.
- Tap the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 Print option to print the file.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Double-Sided Printing
- Load enough number of blank sheets on the input tray to avoid page ordering issues.
- Open a file or photo and tap the file menu and then click the Print option.
- Choose your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer name and then click the Printing Properties, Printer Setup, or Preferences option depending on what get displayed on your screen.
- Find the Printing Preferences or Document Properties window opens.
- Tap the Print on Both sides or Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option, if Printing Shortcut tab available.
- Click the Features, Layout or Finishing tab, if the Printing shortcut tab is not available.
- Find the Print on Both side or Two-sided Printing (Duplex Printing) option or menu and then choose the Page Flip or Binding option.
- Finally, click the OK tab and then the Print option to start the Double-sided printing.
- Take the printed first side pages and then align the stack on a flat surface. Load them into the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup input tray in the way they print the next side of the paper.
- Click the Continue option to print on the back side of the paper.
How to Scan on HP Officejet Pro 8720?
- Make sure that your HP Officejet Pro 8720 printer is on working condition and connected to the internet.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the active internet connection.
- Ensure that your printer and computer are connected to the same network connection.
- Browse the manufacturer site and download the latest version Full-feature driver package and HP Scan Software.
- Install the Full feature driver package and HP Scan software on your computer.
- Set the document that you need to scan on the scanner glass after opening the scanner door.
- Click the Scan button on the printer to start the scan process.
- Find the thumbnail of the scanned file on your computer.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 file name and format and then the destination folder to save the file on your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Scan to Computer
- Turn on your computer and HP Officejet pro 8720 printer after connecting to a stable power source.
- Switch the router to operating condition and establish the internet connection.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network connection.
- Download the HP Scan software and full feature driver installation software and then install it on your computer.
- Place the scanning document on the scanner glass or Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Open the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup assistant on your computer.
- Click the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Now the HP Scan app gets opened.
- Find the preview of your scanned file on the computer screen.
- Do the appearance changes and save the file on your computer after choosing the file format and destination folder.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Double-Sided Scanning
- Connect your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer to an AC source using a power cable and turn on the printer.
- Connect your printer to the router’s internet connection.
- Look into manufacturer site and download the Full Feature driver package for your printer model.
- Install the full feature driver package on your computer.
- Open HP Printer Assistant and tap the Scan option.
- touch Scan a Document or Photo option and then find the Scan Shortcuts page opens.
- Choose file format, color mode, page size, item type.
- Choose Document Feeder if Loaded option in the Source drop-down list and then in the Page Sides drop-down list select 2-Sided(book).
- Load the scanning document on the ADF and then tap the Scan option to start the Double-sided Scanning process.Find the thumbnail on your computer and do the necessary appearance changes. Click the Save option to save the scanned file to your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Fax Setup
With the help of an HP fax machine or fax-capable 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer, send the documents to another fax machine. In many cases, faxing needs a landline telephone service. Faxing is more secure than sending documents through email or postal mail.
How to Fax in HP Officejet Pro 8720?
- Use a traditional landline telephone cable. Use the telephone cable that you bought along with the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup.
- If you do not have the original cable, use the telephone cable that has the connectors with two wire leads. Do not use the telephone cable that has four wire leads.
- Connect one end of the phone cable to the phone wall jack and the other end to the 1-LINE jack at the rear side of the printer.
- If you have an answering machine to connect, then connect the phone cable to the device and the 2-EXT jack on the back of the printer.
- Doing so enables the telephone answering machine to record voice calls without recording the unnecessary noises from faxes.
- Swipe to the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel to set up your necessary fax settings and preferences.
- Locate the Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menu list and tap it to print a report. The report prints the test results and some instructions to resolve the issues.
- Place the document that you need to fax on the scanner platen or in the ADF and load some paper into the main paper tray to print the fax report.
- Dial the receiving fax number from your printer and then click the Black, Color, or Send button to send the fax.
- Find the printer prints the fax report. Learn if the fax sent successfully, or if an error happened from the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printed report.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Mobile Printing
Switch on your mobile and tap the Google Play icon. Search for HP Print Service Plugin application and install it on your mobile. Open the HP Print Service Plugin app and allow the required access. Open the file or photo that you need to print and tap the Print option in the app menu. Click the Down arrow icon and edit the print settings. Click the Printer icon and choose your nearby printer device that connected with the network. Find your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer prints the file or photo.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Apple AirPrint Setup
- Make sure that your Apple device has AirPrint support.
- Turn on the network router and establish a robust network connection.
- Connect your Apple device to the Wi-Fi connection.
- Connect your printer to the Wireless Network connection.
- Check the connection status.
- Open the photo that you need to print
- Tap the Share icon and then the print option.
- Select your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 Printer name in the printer list to start the print process.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 Print From iPhone Or iOS
- Ensure that your printer wireless feature is turned on and connected to the wireless network connection. Connect your iOS device to the wireless network.
- Make sure that your computer and printer are connected to the same network connection.
- Open the file, photo, email or webpage that you need to print.
- Tap the share icon on the menu option that appears on your iPhone or iOS screen.
- Tap the Print option or Print icon. Find the Printer Options menu appears.
- Tap Select Printer on the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup Options menu.
- Pick your printer from the list of available printers and tap the Print icon to start the Print process.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 ePrint Setup
- Touch the HP ePrint button or icon on the Printer.
- Tap the Setup option and follow the instructions shown to turn on the web services.
- Touch Print or Print info to know your Printer’s mail address from the report.
- Create a new mail and add the item that you need to print as an attachment.
- Type your printer’s email address in the to space.
- Type some words in the Subject line.
- Tap the Send option to send the mail to the printer.
- Find your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 Printer prints the file that you added as an attachment in the email.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 troubleshooting
The common issues encountered by the Officejet Pro 8720 printer are printer offline issues, network connectivity, print quality issues, etc. The guidelines for fixing these issues is given in the following sections.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 won’t print
The reason for this issue may be an outdated driver, poor connectivity, improper cartridge installation, etc. Refer to the steps provided below to fix the problem.
- Make sure your operating system supports the driver installed on your computer.
- Restart your 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer, computer, and router.
- Reconnect the printer to your network using the wireless setup wizard. Try to print.
- If the issue remains unresolved, print a wireless report from the printer’s control panel and follow any instructions on it.
- If the problem persists, click Start on your Windows computer, and select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer’s icon.
- Select the Set as Default Printer. Try to print.
- Remove and re-add the printer.
- Reinstall the most recent version of the printer driver.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 offline
This is a common error popping pop whenever the computer is not able to access the printer due to the connectivity issue. Proceed with the steps provided below to fix the problem.
- Find the special version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on the manufacturer’s site, and install it on your computer.
- Launch the software and click Start. Select the Officejet Pro 8720 printer from the list of devices displayed on the software. Respond the prompts appropriately to fix the issues.
- Set the printer as default printing source. Open the Devices and Printers folder on your computer, right-click the printer’s icon and select Set as default printer.
- Try to print. If the printer continues to remain offline, perform the steps below.
- If you have connected the HP Officejet Pro 8720 Setup to Wi-Fi, restart the printer, router, and computer. Try to print.
- For USB connections, remove the USB cable and inspect it. If the cable is damaged, replace it. Connect the cable securely to its port in printer and computer.If the issue persists, reset the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 won’t connect to Wi-Fi
- If your computer connected to printer runs on Windows OS, install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to fix the issue.
- Click the Choose Your Product option, and select the My Product is not listed option if the printer is not listed.
- Move the printer and computer closer to your route to improve the signal strength.
- Try reducing the Wi-Fi channel interface. Other devices connected to the same router can impact the strength of the signal. Tap the Wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and print a Network Configuration page.
- Locate your Wi-Fi network channel in the list of Number of 802.11 networks. If several networks use the channel, proceed with the next step.
- Type the router IP address for your brand in your address bar and sign in.
- Change the Wi-Fi channel using the configuration menu. Try to print.
- If the issue persists, reset the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8720 will not print in color
- Open a document using a suitable application, click the File menu, and select Print.
- Check for the 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer’s name from the list of available printers and select it.
- Open the Printer Properties dialog box by clicking the Properties, Options, Printer Setup, whichever option is displayed.
- Click the Paper/Quality or Features tab and then select Advanced Settings.
- Deselect the Print in Grayscale option.
- Save the changes by clicking OK. Try to print.
- If the issue persists, proceed with the next step.
- Locate the Setup icon on the printer’s control panel and tap it.
- Select the Reports option.
- Select the Print Quality Report option.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 printer will print the Print Quality Diagnostic Page.