Get the Complete 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Printer Guide
The 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer is a portable printer that delivers several features. It is a wireless printer and also supports a “Print from Anywhere” option. It produces high-quality outputs and enhances media compatibility. Continue reading the page to learn more about your printer. I am sure this page will be very informative to work with your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup.
How to setup HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer?
- Carefully remove the printer from the carton, and position it on the flat surface.
- Peel the tapes and other protective materials on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer.
- Untwine the power cord that is supplied along with your HP printer.
- You should plug its one end into the printer’s rear.
- Plug another end of the cord into an electrical wall socket.
- Hit the Power button and power up your HP printer.
- Prefer the language, country/region and continue.
- Raise the access door and wait until the carriage become immobile.
- Unpack the new ink cartridges and remove the tape covering the nozzle.
- Insert the cartridges into appropriate slots.
- Examine that the contacts of the ink cartridge are facing down.
- Check if the color of the cartridge matches the color on the label.
- Pull the input tray out, and stuff a stack of plain paper.
- Drag the tray extender when the control panel displays a message to align the ink cartridges.
- Hit Ok and the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup prints the alignment page.
- With the print side down place the printout on the scanner glass.
- Tap Scan and wait till the alignment is complete.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver & manual download
To connect any of your HP printers to your computer, you have to install the printer driver software. It is always recommended to use the full feature software as that supports to access all the advanced printer features. The user manual contains directions for all the print procedures. You can download the soft copy from the website. By clicking on 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Download link below, you can download manual and diver for your HP printer.
How to download HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver?
- You have to download the driver from the manufacturer’s site.
- Type HP Officejet Pro 8740 in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Select the preferred operating system.
- Select the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Printer option in ‘Let’s identify your product to get started’ page.
- Enter the printer’s model number and then click submit.
- Open the Driver menu, and choose between the Basic Driver or full feature software.
- You can easily get the driver by a single click on the Download button.
- If you are a Windows user, the file is saved with a .exe extension.
- For Mac, the file gets saved in the .dmg extension.
- Double-click the file to proceed with the installation.
- You can also take instructions from the user manual.
How to install HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver?
- Make use of the installation CD which is supplied along with the printer, mount it into the computer’s hard drive.
- Locate and run the setup files. Follow the prompts displayed until the installation process is complete.
- You can also prefer downloading the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup driver. Open the Downloads folder and locate the setup file for your OS (.exe or .dmg).
- Start the installation by double-clicking the file.
- Accept the terms&condition of the installer, and click on Next.
- Prefer the language, purpose of installation, region, etc., and proceed further.
- When prompted to choose a connection type, click either the USB or Network option.
- Connect your HP OJ Pro printer to the computer.
- Your computer will now detect the printer and connect with it.
- Print a test page and verify the connections.
How to setup HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless connection?
- You have to go and visit our website and download the latest version of driver software.
- Install the printer driver software on your computer to make use of the printer completely.
- Use the driver CD or download the software from our website.
- Enter the printer’s model name in the search box and click on the link next to it.
- Double-click on the file that is downloaded to run the setup.
- Follow the instructions in the installer and click Next to proceed with the Next step.
- Click Finish so that the installer window gets closed and the process gets complete.
- Now you can connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup wirelessly.
How to find HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer WPS pin?
- You can connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer via Wi-Fi Protected Setup method.
- Check whether your router has WPS button to connect with the printer.
- On the printers, Control Panel, touch the Wireless Icon.
- Select WPS from the list of 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 wireless connection option.
- Choose the PIN method from the display prompts.
- Press and hold the WPS button of the router for three seconds.
- Wait for two minutes until the connection is established.
- The router will stop blinking when the connection is made successful
- Install the printer driver after the wireless setup.
- Now you can connect your computer and printer wirelessly.
- For any assistance, contact our support team using the Toll-free number.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 wi-fi direct setup
- Power on the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer, and wait until it becomes silent.
- Verify and install the recent version of the printer software on your computer.
- Locate Wireless Direct and open the Network Setup menu.
- Select Wireless Direct and you can enable security options in this stage.
- On the taskbar of your computer, identify and click the Wireless icon.
- Choose the HP-Print-xx-Officejet Pro 8740 from the networks list.
- When you get the prompt, type the security password.
- Open a document on your computer and then click the File menu.
- Select your OJ printer and hit Print. Wait until the printer prints the document.
- The printer establishes a wireless connection without the help of the router.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 USB printer setup
- Prepare your printer for setup. Gather all the specifications before you start the process.
- If you have previously installed any printer software, delete them.
- The printer should be in the ready state. The latest driver should be installed.
- Obtain a USB cable that should be less than 3 m which is 9 ft 10 inches in length.
- Check if the USB port is available on your computer.
- You have to correct directly to the port. Be very sure not to connect your USB cable through a USB hub or docking station as the printer may not get sufficient power to operate.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer, if you have previously installed it. Do not connect the USB until the display prompts you to.
- Navigate the control panel and click on Devices and Printers. Right-click on the printer and then choose Remove Device.
- You have to remove all other printer devices from your printer. Close the Devices and Printers window and continue to the next step.
- Make use of the HP easy Start option to install the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup printer drivers.
- The installer will prompt to choose the connection type, select USB from it.
- The installer will automatically complete the remaining process.
How to print on HP Officejet Pro 8740?
- Power up your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to an active state.
- Connect the device to a network that delivers high-speed internet.
- Load sufficient paper to complete the print job.
- Review the ink levels in the cartridges and ink cartridge installation.
- Open the file or image to print and then click on the File menu.
- Choose the Print option to view the general print settings.
- Modify the print settings in the Document Properties or Printing Preferences.
- Set the number of copies, orientation, page order, page format in the Layout tab as you need.
- Save the changes made by clicking the OK option and then click Print to start printing.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 double-sided printing
- Check whether the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer supports automatic duplex printing.
- If your printer supports only manual duplex printing, make sure the setting are made correctly.
- Open the document to print, click on File Tab and then click Print.
- Under the Settings, Click on Print One Sided Option.
- From the sub-menu of print options, choose Manually Print on Both Sides option.
- Click Print after making the changes.
- After printing on one side, the word will prompt to load the paper on the other side.
- Turn over the paper to another side.
- Perform a test print to confirm the correct way of inserting the paper
- Now, the printer will print on the second side too.
How to scan HP Officejet Pro 8740?
- Download the full feature software for the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup.
- Click driver download link given on this site. The full feature drivers include the HP Scan feature.
- Place the original document that you want to scan on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder.
- Note that you should not load photos in the ADF. Open the Start menu on your computer and search for HP.
- Click on your printer model and the HP Printer Assistant opens.
- Select Scan a Document or Photo to open the HP Scan.
- Choose a scan shortcut to save the scanned documents to your computer.
- Make the necessary scan settings on the preview scan and click OK.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 double-sided scanning
- The duplex option is used to scan on both the sides of the document.
- Open the HP Scan application and load the document into the document feeder.
- Click the Scan option present in the upper right corner of the window.
- A window opens using which you can select the desired options that are required for your 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 scan.
- Click Show Details to view all the options that are available. Choose Document in the Type box.
- Select Document Feeder option in the Source.
- Select Scan both sides of the page and click the Continue option.
- The odd pages of the document get scanned.
- An instruction box opens which states, “Without turning the pages over, rotate and place them back into the document feeder.”
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Fax setup
- Prepare your HP to fax and gather all the required elements.
- Make sure you have a landline connection for traditional fax setup.
- Obtain a telephone cord that came along with the printer.
- Connect one end to the telephone jack and other to the printer’s rear.
- Set up the preferences for 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 fax setting in Fax Setup Wizard on Windows.
- Enter the recipient’s name at the top, and it contains your business name and ten digit fax number.
- Turn on Auto Answer mode, and the machine picks up the call after a specified number of rings.
- Do a fax test once the settings are made in your HP Fax machine.
How to Fax HP Officejet Pro 8740?
- You have first to set up the printer to Fax
- Make sure the computer has the required HP drivers and software installed in it.
- Connect the telephone line to the 1-Line port of the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup.
- Open the document to be sent.
- Choose the print option located under the File menu.
- Click on Print option or the print icon. Switch the printer to the Fax-HP Officejet Pro option.
- Select Print or OK.
- Enter the phone number to whom the document is to be sent.
- Then click on the Send Fax option.
- If the fax doesn’t process, check if the phone cable is connected correctly or not.
- Else, restart the computer and the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 mobile printing
- Using the HP Smart App, you can do all the functions of the printer from your Android or iOS devices.
- Your mobile phone or tablet must be connected to the wireless network and using which you can print to any HP printer connected to the same network.
- The HP Smart app work well with Android OS 5.0 and later, or with iOS 10 and later.
- There is another feature called Print Anywhere.
- The Smart app feature allows you to view the status of the printer and lets you send the print jobs via HP Smart app using the mobile data.
- Even when you are away, you will be able to take a print with the help of the app.
- Another way of printing from the Android phone is by the HP Print Service Plugin. This plugin helps to print to wireless enabled 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 Printer.
- This method is feasible with Android OS 4.3 and later.
- Aside from this, there are various other applications.
- Refer to the official site or use the manual to understand what are the apps that are compatible with the HP Officejet Pro printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Airprint setup
- When you talk about mobile printing solutions in HP printers you can use AirPrint feature.
- AirPrint can be used only on iOS devices which are running on version 4.2 and later.
- The feature requires your printer and driver to be connected to the same network. Unplug if any USB or Ethernet cable is connected to the printer. From the control panel of the printer, open the Wireless menu.
- Select Wireless Setup Wizard, and keep following the prompts displayed until the wireless connection is made.
- You should have your mobile connected to the Wi-Fi and the same should be enabled.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer and navigate to the Network Settings menu.
- Verify that the printer is connected to your wireless network. On your Apple device, tap open an item you want to print and select the Share icon.
- Tap on Print or Printer Options. Select Printer option by a tap and choose your HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup’s name. Change the print settings if needed.
- Modify the number of copies, color, page range, etc. Finally, tap on Print and wait till the printer prints the page.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 eprint setup
- The HP ePrint is a web service that allows you to send print jobs to the computer connected to the Refer to the steps given below for using the ePrint service on your printer.
- Power on your HP Officejet 8740 printer and make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- Locate the HP ePrint icon on the control panel and touch it. Wait until the printer prints the information page. Find the email address of the printer.
- Open your email account and then type the printer’s email address in the To field. Provide a suitable subject and attach a photo/document.
- Make sure the size of the file attached is not more than 10 MB. Click Send.
- The 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 printer will get the print job and print the document/photo.
- To print with the HP ePrint app, open the app on your mobile and select Settings. Touch on the Activation option.
- Select the Activate using your email option and then tap Activate. You will receive a code in your email.
- Type the code in the intended box and select the Activate option again. Tap Files on the app.
- Select a document, preview it, and finally choose Print. Wait while the printer completes the print job.
How to connect HP Officejet Pro 8740 to computer?
- You can connect your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer to a computer using a Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection.
- Between the router and the printer, establish a wireless connection. Your computer should also be connected to the same network.
- You have to hit the Wireless icon on the control panel now. Tap the Setup icon. Select the Wireless Settings option.
- Hit the Wireless Setup Wizard option and discover the search for your network name.
- Pick the 123.HP.com/ojpro8740 network name in the list of available results.
- You may be prompted to enter the security password for connecting to the network.
- Click OK and the desired connection would be established.
- On the control panel of the of the printer, locate Devices and Printer option. Click Add a Printer.
- Have a look at the list of printers and tap the printer name to add it to your computer.
- You have to now download and install the HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup print driver software right after connecting your HP printer to the computer.