In an Easy Way Setup 123.hp.com/tango Printer
123.hp.com/tango is a smart cloud-based printer with features supporting two-way network connection, letting you print, copy and scan from any device. Connect the HP Tango Setup to Amazon Echo or Google Assistant, and enjoy the voice-activated printing.
HP Tango Printer Installation
- The printer is handy and hence, is easy to set up compared to other large printers.
- Take the printer and the power cord out from the carton.
- Place the printer on the output tray or wrap. Align all the four corners of the printer with indentations on the tray.
- Connect the power cord’s one end into the rear of the 123.hp.com/tango printer and the other end to the outlet.
- Slide out the paper width guides on the input tray and load a stack of paper into the input tray.
- Adjust the guides such they rest against the edges of the paper.
- Locate the ink door button and press it. This releases the cartridge access door.
- Raise the door and push it until it snaps to a place. Keep waiting till the carriage is idle and silent.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge from its package. Peel off the yellow-colored tapes on the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into its slot, and push it into the slot until you hear it snap into place. Similarly, insert the other cartridges.
- Close the access door by pulling it down. The HP Tango setup will align the cartridges and then print an alignment page.
- Wait until the page ejects from the printer.
HP Tango Manual and Driver
The manual for the 123.hp.com/tango printer comprises all the necessary details about the printer and steps for setting it up, installing and troubleshooting issues. Choose a driver that is secure, updated and compatible with your OS. A manual booklet is usually supplied along with the printer. A PDF form of the manual helps you quickly search for details and instructions.
HP Tango Driver
You can download the driver from the manufacturer’s site. Go to the site, provide the printer model, select the OS, and download the driver. Alternately, use the link given below for downloading printer driver for both Windows and Mac OS, in just one click. The PDF form of the manual can be used for downloading the driver. The link for downloading the 123.hp.com/tango user manual is given below.
How to Download HP Tango Driver?
- Open the manufacturer’s site and type the printer model in the search bar. Select your operating system.
- The Let’s identify your product to get started page window opens, click the Printer option displayed on the page. Provide the printer model number, and select the submit option.
- Go to the Driver menu, and choose the Basic driver or full feature software package.
- Alternately, to easily download the HP Tango Setup driver, give a click on the Driver Download button given on the page.
- The file will be saved as the .exe file if you have a Windows OS or .dmg file if you have a Mac OS.
- Proceed with the installation.
How to Install HP Tango Driver?
- After downloading the driver, find the .exe file in your Downloads folder and double-click it.
- The installer screen opens.
- Accept the terms of the installer and then click Next.
- Choose between the Network or USB connection for setting up the 123.hp.com/tango printer.
- Keep following the prompts on the installer until the installation completes.
- Tap OK on the printer’s control panel.
- Select Continue to proceed with the Setup process.
- Click Finish to end the setup. Try to print a test page to ensure the successful installation of the printer driver.
How to Connect HP Tango to Windows 10?
- Power up the 123.hp.com/tango printer, computer, and router.
- Download the HP Smart app from the Microsoft store. Install the app by following the prompts.
- Locate the Wireless button on the printer and keep holding it for at least 5 seconds.
- You can see the Edge lighting flashes blue.
- Open your HP Smart app and then select printer icon.
- Click the Set Up a New Printer option. Select the Continue option.
- The app searches for the printers connected to the wireless network.
- Provide the WEP/WPA key if prompted.
- Click the Continue option once the printer connects to the network. Select the Exit Setup option.
- Ensure that the blue wireless light is lit solid.
HP Tango Wireless Setup
- Keep your network’s SSID and WEP/WPA key ready.
- Connect your computer to the network.
- Click Start on your Windows 10 OS, select HP and then click the printer’s icon.
- If you have a Windows 7 OS, select the All Programs option from the Start menu.
- For Windows 8, click the All Apps option and then select the printer’s name.
- Find the HP printer software on your computer and open it.
- Select the Tools option. Click Device Setup and Software option and then select Connect a new device option.
- Keep following the instructions displayed on the screen until the HP Tango Setup connects to the network.
- You should see the Edge lighting glow light blue in the center.
HP Tango Wi-Fi Setup
- Connect your computer or mobile to your wireless network.
- Turn on your router and Tango printer.
- Load enough paper and ink cartridges into the 123.hp.com/tango printer.
- Hold the Wireless button and Power button on the printer’s rear together for at least 5 seconds.
- Locate the WPS button on the router, and hold for 3-5 seconds until the WPS connection begins.
- The successful connection of the printer to the network is indicated by solid blue wireless light on the control panel. If your router does not feature a WPS button, carry out the PIN method by referring to the steps given below.
- Hold the icon marked ‘i’ on the control panel until all the buttons light up. Press the ‘i’ icon again along with the down arrow button to begin the WPS PIN method.
- The printer will now print a page with a PIN code.
- You should see the edge light glowing blue and the outer edge of the light bar pulsing blue.
- Now open the configuration utility for your router, and enter the WPS PIN.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes until the printer connects to the network successfully.
HP Tango Mobile Printing
Mobile printing makes handling printer easier. HP Smart app, Apple AirPrint, HP Print Anywhere and Wireless Direct Printing are some of the mobile printing services supported by the printer. Keep reading to know the simple steps for using the printer.
HP Tango Printing from Chrome App Setup
This app app lets you print directly from the Google Chrome browser, and like other mobile printing services, doesn’t require the installation of the 123.hp.com/tango printer driver.
- Make sure your device is connected to the network with an active Internet connection.
- You need to have a Google account. Create one if you haven’t already created it.
- Search for HP Print for Chrome option. In the window that opens, select ADD TO CHROME option, and follow the prompts on the screen until the app is added to your chrome.
- Open the document or photo that you want to print from your Chrome browser, and select the Print icon. In the Print window that opens, select the Destination option and click Change.
- Go the Print Destinations menu in the Select a destination option, and select the printer’s name.
- Modify the print settings if necessary, and select Print.
- Wait until the printer prints the documents.
HP Tango AirPrint Setup
- AirPrint is supported on mobile devices running on version 4.2 and later. It does not require the installation of the printer driver.
- Check if the Wi-Fi is enabled on your iOS device.
- Check if the correct network is chosen.
- Press the Wireless and Information icons together to print a wireless test report. Make sure the HP Tango Setup is connected to the network.
- Choose the item that you want to print, and tap the Share icon.
- Choose Print. Your device will now open the Printer Options.
- Touch the Select Printer option to choose the printer’s name.
- Change the print job settings such as paper type and size, number of copies, color, etc., and then tap Print.
- Wait until the 123.hp.com/tango printer prints the document.
HP Tango Google Assistant Setup
- The Google Assistant app lets your print Google Calendar, puzzles, forms, and other pre-formatted content.
- If you have an Android device, hold the home button until Google Assistant opens.
- If you have an iOS device, open the App Store and keep following the on-screen instructions until the app installs. Tap the Explore icon on the home screen. Select HP Printer on the HP Printer screen.
- Select the LINK option and then choose Allow to complete the setup.
- Sign into your Google Account, if prompted. If your printer is registered with Google Cloud Print, you will be prompted to select the printer from the list of devices.
- If the printer is not registered with the Google Cloud Print, you will be prompted to provide the printer’s email address.
- The HP Printer app is now linked to the Google Account. The HP Tango Setup screen will display on your mobile screen. Start using the app by tapping on the TRY IT option.
- Say “Hey Google, ask HP Printer to print a Help page.” Wait until the printer prints the page.
HP Tango Wi-Fi Direct Printing
If you do not have a router, use the Wi-Fi Direct feature to connect directly to the printer. Make sure the computer is installed with the printer driver before proceeding.
- Tap the Information icon on the printer until you see all the buttons on the control panel light up.
- If you have the Windows 10 OS, click the Start menu and select the Settings icon.
- Open the Devices folder and then select Printers and Scanners.
- For Windows 8.1, open the Charms menu and then click Devices.
- Select the Add a printer or scanner option and then click Show Wi-Fi Direct 123.hp.com/tango printers.
- Find the printer with DIRECT in the name, and click Add Device after confirming the printer is in the Ready State.
- If you see an Alert asking you for the WEP or WPA key, go the printer and note the PIN displayed on the control panel.
- Type the PIN on your computer within 90 seconds and complete the setup by clicking Next.
- The printer and computer are now set over Wi-Fi. Open the item you want to print using a suitable software, and click the File menu.
- Select Print, choose your printer model and then click Print. Collect the printed document from the output tray of the printer.
HP Tango Amazon Alexa Setup
- This requires the HP Printer skill to be enabled on the Alexa app on your mobile device or computer. Enable Web Services on the printer.
- Tap the Info button on the printer to print an information page.
- Go to the Web services section and look for the printer’s email address.
- If you have the iOS device, open App Store and select Amazon Alexa.
- For Android device, open the Google Play store and install Amazon Alexa.
- Launch the app and tap the Menu icon.
- Select the Skills and Games. Search for 123.hp.com/tango, tap the HP Printer from the skills list.
- Touch the Enable tab.
- Select the Save Permissions option in the Skills Permissions screen. This allows the HP Printer to access to your Alexa lists.
- Provide the printer’s email address and then tap Finish and start printing. The printer is now all set to print with the Amazon Alexa device.
HP Tango Ink Cartridges
You can load black and color ink cartridges into the printer. The printer supports the HP 64 Black and HP 64XL Black cartridges, and the HP 64 Tri-color and HP 64 Tri-color ink cartridges.
HP Tango Change Ink Cartridge
- Power up the printer and raise the 123.hp.com/tango printer lid.
- Load the input tray with enough plain paper, and keep the output tray extended.
- Locate the Ink Door on the printer and press it. This releases the cartridge access door.
- Lift the access door and push it back until it snaps to a place. Do not proceed until the carriage halts at a position. Slightly raise the latch on the ink cartridge to release it.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot. Unwrap the new ink cartridge.
- Peel off the plastic tapes by holding only the black plastic of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into the empty slot and press it down until it clicks to place.
- Pull the access door down and ensure to lock it.
- The printer will now align the ink cartridges and print a calibration page.
HP Tango Ink Refill
- Get a Toothpick or a similar sharp object.
- Locate the refill holes beneath the manufacturer label on the cartridge.
- Pierce the toothpick or a needle into the holes. Do not remove the label.
- Get a syringe and fix a needle to it. Fill the syringe with ink.
- Inject the ink from the syringe into the cartridge through the holes. Do not overspill the ink.
- You can fill about 1.5 ml of color ink and 4 ml of black ink into the respective HP Tango Setup cartridges.
- Use a paper tissue to wipe the excess ink on the cartridge.
- Seal the hole on the cartridge using a tape.
- Reinsert the cartridges and try to print.
HP Tango Scan
You can scan using the HP Smart app. The app includes editing tools using which you can adjust the scanned image. The app also allows you to print, save your scans in a local folder or cloud, and then share them.
How to Scan from Windows 10 Device?
- Open the HP Smart app on your Windows 10 device and select the Scan option.
- Click the Camera option.
- Mount the document you want to scan in front of the camera.
- Capture the image by tapping the round bottom the screen.
- Adjust the HP Tango Setup boundaries if required, and then select Apply.
- Select Add Pages if you want to add more documents or photos.
- Tap the Edit option to make changes to the quality, orientation, etc.
- Choose the type of file. Share, save or print the scanned data.
How to Scan from HP Smart App?
- Check if you have installed the HP Smart app.
- Open the app. If you want to change to a different 123.hp.com/tango printer or add a new one, select the ‘+’ icon on the app. Choose Scan and then tap the Camera option to open the built-in camera. Position the item you want to scan on a flat surface and scan it. Prefer a contrast surface for best results.
- Select the Auto or Manual mode, and finish scanning the item using your device’s camera.
- If you have opted for the Auto mode, hold your device’s camera over the item until the item gets scanned automatically. Tap the right arrow to end the job.
- If you have chosen the manual mode, focus the area you want to scan to the center of the screen, and then tap Capture. The item will be scanned, and the preview of it will be displayed.
- You can print, save or share the scanned data.
HP Tango Factory Reset
- To restore the setup mode on the printer, locate the Wi-Fi button on the printer and hold it for at least 5 seconds.
- You should see the edge blinking blue.
- The printer will now be in the Setup mode for at least 2 hours.
- Alternately, the following steps can be carried out for resetting the printer.
- Power on the printer by pressing the Power button. Unplug the power cable from the 123.hp.com/tango printer’s rear and then from the wall outlet.
- Replug the power cable to the printer’s rear and the wall socket.
- If the printer does not power up automatically, press the Power button to turn it on.
- Reconnect the printer to the network.
HP Tango Firmware Upgrade
- Keep your printer connected to the computer.
- Open the manufacturer’s website and click the Software and Driver Downloads menu.
- Click the Printer option on the Let’s Identify your product to get started page that opens.
- Provide your printer model and then click Submit. Click Change if you want to change the version of your operating system.
- Select the Firmware option and click Download. Save the file to your computer and then install it.
- Check if the HP Tango Setup serial number displays on the HP Printer Update window. Select the checkbox next to the serial number. Click the Update option and select OK once the update completes.
- If you have a Mac operating system, open the [HP Tango_name].dmg file and then double-click the HP Firmware Updater option. Select the printer name and click the Continue option.
HP Tango Troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is performing a series of steps to resolve an issue on a device. For more feasible, and realistic troubleshooting instructions, keep reading through the sections which cover the most common printer issues and the possible solutions to fix them.
Why HP Tango printer not Ready?
- If the printer is not available to print, make sure the connection between the printer and the mobile is stable.
- Check if the printer is connected to the network and the network is stable.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to verify the connection (for Windows device only).
- Select Fix Printing and follow the prompts to resolve any printing related issue.
- If the issue persists, power reset the printer. Re the power cord from the rear port of the printer while the printer is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the outlet as well. Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer.
- Try to print.
Why my HP Tango Offline?
- Install the special version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on the manufacturer’s site, developed mainly for fixing the offline issue, on your Windows computer.
- Open the software and then click Start.
- Choose the 123.hp.com/tango printer’s name and respond to the prompts appropriately.
- If the error persists, set the printer as default printing source. Open the Devices and Printers folder on your computer.
- Right-click the printer’s icon and select Set as default printer. Try printing a document or photo.
- If the printer continues to remain offline, restart the printer, router, and computer if you have established a Wi-Fi connection.
Why HP Tango is not Printing in Color?
- Open a document or photo using a suitable application and click the File menu.
- Select the Print option and select the 123.hp.com/tango printer’s name from the list of available printers.
- Click Properties, Options, Printer Setup, whichever option is displayed, to open the Print Properties dialog box.
- Click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, and choose Advanced Settings. Deselect the Print in Grayscale checkbox.
- Click OK to save the changes. Try to print.
- If the issue persists, print the Print Quality Diagnostic Page and carry out the instructions printed on it to resolve the issue.
Why HP Tango not Connecting to Wi-Fi?
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software and run it to fix the issue.
- Try moving the printer and computer closer to your router to improve the signal strength.
- At times, other devices connected to the same router can impact the strength of the signal. Try reducing the Wi-Fi channel interface.
- Locate and tap the Wireless icon on the HP Tango Setup’s control panel, and print a Network Configuration page.
- Locate the channel of your Wi-Fi network. If several networks use the channel, proceed with the next step. Provide the IP address of your router in the address bar and sign in.
- Go to the configuration menu and change the Wi-Fi Channel. Try to print.
HP Tango Paper Jam Error
- When you get a paper jam error notification on your HP Smart app. Power off the printer and remove the power cord. Unplug the printer from the wall outlet as well.
- Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet and then to the printer. Power on the HP Tango Setup.
- Tap OK on the HP Smart app and then click OK.
- Send a print job to the printer.
- If the issue persists, check and remove any jammed paper from the input tray, output tray and cartridge access area.
- Take the paper stack out from the input tray and clear any torn, wrinkled or curled paper.
- Tap the OK option on the HP Smart app.
- Select the cancel button on the printer.
- Open the carriage access door and make sure the carriage can move freely.
Why HP Tango not Connecting to HP Smart App?
- Power on the printer and remove the cord from the printer.
- Unplug the cord from the wall outlet.
- Replug the power cord to the outlet and then to the printer.
- Check if the 123.hp.com/tango printer is connected to the network.
- Uninstall the HP Smart app on your Android.
- Click the Settings menu and choose System Updates.
- Make sure all the updates are updated and restart the Android mobile.
- Go to the Play Store and reinstall it. Do not turn off the mobile device or the printer during the installation. Click the Add printer option and check if the printer is displayed.
- If the printer is not available, select the ‘+’ sign and select the printer from the list of printers displayed and follow the prompts. Try printing a document using the app.
Why HP Tango is not Connecting to Google Assistant?
- If multiple printers, other than the Tango printer, are connected to your network, remove them all.
- Make sure the 123.hp.com/tango printer and smartphone are connected to the same wireless network.
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile and go to the Apps section.
- Select the Google app from the list of apps displayed.
- If the More menu appears, tap the Uninstall updates option.
- Reboot your mobile.
- Check if the printer connects to the app.
Why HP Tango not Connecting to Amazon Alexa?
- Try reconnecting the printer to the Amazon Alexa device with a different email address.
- Open the Alexa app, and touch the menu icon. Select the Activity option.
- Look for the card for a recent print request and find the HP Tango Setup’s email address.
- Check if the email address on the card matches with the printer’s address.
- If the address does not match, open the Amazon Alexa app, and tap the Menu icon.
- Choose Skills and Games, and then touch Your Skills.
- Select the HP Printer from the list of skills, and tap the Enable Skill option.
- Provide the printer’s new HP ePrint email address, and touch Submit. Try printing.
123.hp.com/tango is an amazing smart printer that can be connected over Wi-Fi to your device. The voice-activated printing feature makes printing or scanning as easy as talking. Smart home devices like Google home and Amazon Alexa can be paired with the printer for smarter printing. The page covers the instructions for setting up the printer, installing the printer driver, connecting the printer to smart devices, and troubleshooting the printer issues.